48 replies to this topic

#21 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

That's exactly the sort of attitude that leads me to believe that things are even worse than they appear.

Well, to be fair to him, it's tough for a coach to let everything go and face a room full of media 15 minutes after getting your brains beat in at home.

But, I see what you're saying and I agree to a point.
@PeterDiLutis

#22 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Well, to be fair to him, it's tough for a coach to let everything go and face a room full of media 15 minutes after getting your brains beat in at home.

But, I see what you're saying and I agree to a point.

Was his response after the Houston game similar? Given how this game went, I think he had time to absorb what happened before he met the media. I certainly could understand some frustration on his part. But even after tough losses in the past, he seemed to come off as a guy who was in control following the game. Based on how I read your initial post, I don't get the sense that is the case right now, but maybe I'm over-analyzing.

#23 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

The question is, do you trust that this team takes a bye week like that?

No and you can argue that they shouldn't. That guys need game time, need the offense to take more reps, etc....

The Oline is awful...need to change things up but they wont.

#24 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Can't believe Harbaugh didn't go for 2 down 24 points. Totally inexcusable. He was a dick when someone asked him about it after the game. Asked if he considered going for 2, he responded "no." If that was me asking, I'd follow that up with "why not?"

You cant believe it? Have you been watching him coach?

Next thing you will say is that you are surprised he went for the challenge.

#25 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Posted Image
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#26 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

It's what Stoner and I have said for years now. The real Harbaugh and how well he handles pressure, how well he keeps his team together, how much his players respect him will come in the face of adversity. A loss on the road to Jacksonville or Tenn was never real adversity. This, this is real adversity for the first time in his era. Now, you'll see what harbaugh is really made of as a coach. I think somebody said it earlier today, or theis week, Harbaugh has always had a phoneyness about him. I 've always said I think his players see through it and it hurts him with a lot of the lockerroom. We'll see where things go from here. I still think he gets another year regardless because the injuries this team has suffered is going to save his butt. And to be clear they are huge injuries, and the biggest reason for our 3 game losing streak. Still, it'll be very interesting to see how he handles the next 2 weeks and beyond.

#27 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

You cant believe it? Have you been watching him coach?

Next thing you will say is that you are surprised he went for the challenge.

There's a difference between fans questioning decisions that have legit arguments on both sides. No coach is good at clock management in the eyes of their hometown fans.

But absolutely no excuse or possible reason to justify that decision there.
@PeterDiLutis

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image

Lol...I do appreciate the fact that Joe hustled back to try and tackle that guy.

Showed leadership in some ways.

Btw, can we use Doss more please?

#29 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Lol...I do appreciate the fact that Joe hustled back to try and tackle that guy.

Showed leadership in some ways.

Btw, can we use Doss more please?

Loved the WR screens to Doss and the attempts at getting Rice free with RB screens...
@PeterDiLutis

#30 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

How does a QB get huurried 20 times and hit 9 times on mostly 3 and 5 step drops. Seriously, how is that even possible. Joe threw 40 passes. that means he was hurried over half of those dropbacks and hit 1/4 of those dropbacks. On 3 step quick hitting routes!!! I don;t want to hear anyone say Joe was holding the ball too long. if anything he threw too early on some throws. Clearly watching the pass rush and you can;t blame him.

And to be clear the INT at the end of the half was the dagger. That was the game. The fumble early was really bad as well. I mean those things are unacceptable and gave us no chance of winning the game. Thats why Joe gets an F today, because he again didnt take care of the ball. However, a QB has no chance to be successful when he is getting hurried on 50%+ of his drops and hit that much.

#31 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

My gut feeling got worse as the week went on this past week. By this morning I was pretty sure we would lose. We just aren't very talented and Denver is one of the 3 best teams in the league. Next week will be interesting. Two extremely desperate football teams. I expect a better effort from the Ravens for sure but if the Giants bring their A game I don't know how we can win.

#32 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

My gut feeling got worse as the week went on this past week. By this morning I was pretty sure we would lose. We just aren't very talented and Denver is one of the 3 best teams in the league. Next week will be interesting. Two extremely desperate football teams. I expect a better effort from the Ravens for sure but if the Giants bring their A game I don't know how we can win.

Maybe the good news is that the pressure is off from here on out. We're going to fail-whale our way into the postseason and no one will be expecting us to do anything. Maybe we'll get looked past or just healthy enough to squeak through. Maybe.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#33 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I don't necessarily think there is a huge talent gap between the Ravens and Giants, although the Ravens injury situation could certainly change that. The thing about the Giants, as I mentioned, is that we've seen them in this situation before and they usually get up off the mat and go into the playoffs doing well. We have yet to see the Ravens in such dire straits under Harbaugh, and I'm just not sure where this team is right now.

#34 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

You want to make it a two score game that late.

I get it now. Three two-pointers eliminates the need for the field goal. I totally can't math. Maybe Harbaugh can't either.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#35 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I get it now. Three two-pointers eliminates the need for the field goal. I totally can't math. Maybe Harbaugh can't either.

Coaches typically have a little cheat sheet that helped them make quick decisions like that. Maybe the dog ate John's last night.

#36 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Coaches typically have a little cheat sheet that helped them make quick decisions like that. Maybe the dog ate John's last night.

Cam took it.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#37 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Cam took it.

Like I said, the dog ate it. :D

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Btw, and this is painful to say, but Ed Reed isn't a good football player right now.

He can't tackle(he literally got tea bagged today) and is constantly out of position.
  • mweb08 likes this

#39 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Btw, and this is painful to say, but Ed Reed isn't a good football player right now.

He can't tackle(he literally got tea bagged today) and is constantly out of position.

Yeah, love Ed Reed but he's not that hard to replace anymore. Yes, he still brings an element that makes teams respect him but he's got so many liabilities in the rest of his game that it more than evens out in the end.

#40 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

LOL, we were having a good laugh about that today at a party. Just ridiculous to let that happen to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=