http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

The next 7 days will be the most important in John Harbaugh's tenure. If it becomes obvious that he's lost the locker room, and they play like this next week, then a 6-game losing streak (including the WC game) to finish the season is inevitable. And I have a hard time thinking he could survive that.

#3 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

The next 7 days will be the most important in John Harbaugh's tenure. If it becomes obvious that he's lost the locker room, and they play like this next week, then a 6-game losing streak (including the WC game) to finish the season is inevitable. And I have a hard time thinking he could survive that.

After your correct Terps predictions (with the helps of playing a LB at QB), I'm starting to think your Notradamous here.
@levineps

#4 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

I don't see us winning another game till next season.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Good point from DJ MC in the other thread, should have gone for 2 after that last TD. Not that it mattered, but still.

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

After your correct Terps predictions (with the helps of playing a LB at QB), I'm starting to think your Notradamous here.

I don't think he's lost them yet, but they are at the precipice. I'll be very interested to hear some of the quotes and see the attitude displayed by some of the players over the next week, just to try and get a sense of where they are. Many of them will try to say the right thing, but often times you can tell things just aren't right. And of course the Ravens also have guys who will bluntly tell it like it is.

Looking ahead, the good news is that next week they face a team whose season is also on the verge of slipping away. But the Giants always seem to be in this situation, then they flip the switch.

#7 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Good point from DJ MC in the other thread, should have gone for 2 after that last TD. Not that it mattered, but still.

That wasn't even the worst part. If you want to give up, give up.

But why was anyone of any importance to the team on the field that last drive? Flacco was sacked on the last two plays, and just about the only way this game is any worse is if he gets hurt for absolutely no reason, let alone anyone else who starts.

#8 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

My bigger concern is the absurd challenges he's made the past couple weeks. It smacks of desperation and a coach who lets emotion overcome better judgement. That's not good, and the players can read that.

#9 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I don't understand why we should have gone for two. The extra point made it 34-17. We then needed two touchdowns, two extra points, and a field goal to tie. If we didn't get it, we'd still need two touchdowns and a field goal, but then we'd also need to convert for two on at least one of the touchdowns.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

I've always asked to see how Harbaugh would respond to real adversity. Looks like I will get my wish. I know what Miller has been saying on OH, and I'm trying to keep that in-mind... but I've run that scenario past a number of local people with their own connections, and everyone says Harbaugh would be back.

However, there won't be a lot of advocates in the locker-room you describe above (if they are coming off 6 straight losses). My guess remains he would survive that, but would enter next year on watch.

As I said in the link, if Pittsburgh loses to Dallas tonight, the Ravens gain a spot in the Playoffs. The entire focus the next two weeks should be getting as healthy as possible. Nobody (rightfully) will expect the Ravens to do anything in the Playoffs. You get as healthy as possible, and go play somewhere with no expectations.

#11 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

I don't understand why we should have gone for two. The extra point made it 34-17. We then needed two touchdowns, two extra points, and a field goal to tie. If we didn't get it, we'd still need two touchdowns and a field goal, but then we'd also need to convert for two on at least one of the touchdowns.

You want to make it a two score game that late.

#12 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

No, two touchdowns with two-point conversions. At least there's a remote chance with that. Three scores in four minutes is almost impossible.

#13 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

I've always asked to see how Harbaugh would respond to real adversity. Looks like I will get my wish. I know what Miller has been saying on OH, and I'm trying to keep that in-mind... but I've run that scenario past a number of local people with their own connections, and everyone says Harbaugh would be back.

However, there won't be a lot of advocates in the locker-room you describe above (if they are coming off 6 straight losses). My guess remains he would survive that, but would enter next year on watch.

As I said in the link, if Pittsburgh loses to Dallas tonight, the Ravens gain a spot in the Playoffs. The entire focus the next two weeks should be getting as healthy as possible. Nobody (rightfully) will expect the Ravens to do anything in the Playoffs. You get as healthy as possible, and go play somewhere with no expectations.

It's all about Bischotti. The same guy that said Billick was coming back for several weeks then woke up one morning and fired him. If his relationship with Harbaugh is at all strained, I can very easily see it end if the team loses out and the team revolts.

#14 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Not going for two down 24 points with 5 min left is just more proof Harbaugh is a horrible in game coach. I mean it's 2 possion game if you convert the 2 pt and make it 16. 17 ends whatever remote chance you have at winning. After that no starter should have been in the game but sure enough the starters are out there risking even further injury to a depleted unit til the last whistle blows. The starting QB takes two completely uneccesary sacks in the last 30 sec of the game. I mean thats inexcusable. Completely inexcusable. Not to mention the penalties have mounted the last 3 weeks. Some players are playing out of control out there. It's clear to see that this team is coming apart at the seams here. Some of it isn't Harbaugh's fault(the injuries) but some of it is as well.

Here is the problem for the Ravens going forward. The Giants just got their butts handed to them today. They are a desperate team at 8-6. Lose next week and they are probably out of the playoffs. There isn;t a worse team to face in this league next week. We know what the Giants usually do when they are desperate. If they bring anything close to their A game next week we have no chance. I mean we are just pathetic in the trenches. The D played well in the 1st half but Denver still ran the ball effectively. Peyton was actually off a bit. They probably should have had 3-7 more points. In the 2nd half all the proof you needed was the 8 min drive in the 4th quarter where they only threw the ball once against 9 men in the box. The y ran the ball down our throats with 9 in the box. On the other side of the ball Joe was pressured like 20 times. I know they said about halfway through the 4th he had been hurried 15 times and hit 8. You add the last few series and it had to be over 20 with 10+ QB hits. The really worrisome thing about that was it was on quick drops. No 7 step drops and rarely a 5 step drop today. It was on quick hitting designed passing plays. It wasn't him holding the ball too long. If anything it was the opposite, he threw the ball too soon at some points just to get it out of his hands. Denver has a great DL but we know what the Giants can do as well. This OL is in shambles. Thats how much losing your one good OL makes you fall. You go from subpar as a unit to just brutal. opened no holes in the run game either outside of the 2 or 3 runs Pierce had on the one late 2nd quarter drive.

This team just isn't talented enough right now. I mean thats all you can really say. The injuries combined with the detereriation of some skills has made this a team that is mediocre in the talent department. Something drastic will have to change to win another game this year.

#15 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hate losing this way but the bottom line is if we win next week, we clinch the division, get the 4th seed and play
Cincinnati in a game that doesn't matter.

So, you treat week 17 like a bye week...get as healthy and fresh as possible and play Indy in round 1 of the playoffs. No need to show Pagano and the Colts anything in week 17, in a meaningless game.

We are better off being the 4th seed than the 3rd seed.

#16 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Can't believe Harbaugh didn't go for 2 down 24 points. Totally inexcusable. He was a dick when someone asked him about it after the game. Asked if he considered going for 2, he responded "no." If that was me asking, I'd follow that up with "why not?"
@PeterDiLutis

#17 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hate losing this way but the bottom line is if we win next week, we clinch the division, get the 4th seed and play

So, you treat week 17 like a bye week...get as healthy and fresh as possible and play Indy in round 1 of the playoffs. No need to show Pagano and the Colts anything in week 17, in a meaningless game.

I really hope the Ravens win next week, but I would be quite surprised if they do.

#18 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Can't believe Harbaugh didn't go for 2 down 24 points. Totally inexcusable. He was a dick when someone asked him about it after the game. Asked if he considered going for 2, he responded "no." If that was me asking, I'd follow that up with "why not?"

That's exactly the sort of attitude that leads me to believe that things are even worse than they appear.

#19 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Should have followed that up, for sure. Make him answer or explode; either way it tells something about him and the team.

#20 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

The question is, do you trust that this team takes a bye week like that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=