#1 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

http://www.mlbtrader...oji-uehara.html

With all the Ben Revere craziness going on (How does Ruben Amaro, Jr. still have a job?) it appears we've lost Koji to a division rival.
@JeffLongBP

#2 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

That stings.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,928 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Bummer. Interested to see the dollars. Just a one-year deal so it can't be for very much. I guess the thinking is we've got lots of viable bullpen arms (Johnson, Strop, O'Day, Ayala, Hunter, Arrieta, Patton, Matusz, S. Johnson) so there really isn't a ton of room for another reliever?

#4 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Bummer. Interested to see the dollars. Just a one-year deal so it can't be for very much. I guess the thinking is we've got lots of viable bullpen arms (Johnson, Strop, O'Day, Ayala, Hunter, Arrieta, Patton, Matusz, S. Johnson) so there really isn't a ton of room for another reliever?

I'm sure that's the thinking. That said I would have signed Koji to close & moved Johnson if the price was right. Koji is undervalued to me, and we know how I feel about Johnson & his salary.
@JeffLongBP

#5 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,381 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I'm also interested to see how much he's getting.

There is really no room for him as the roster is currently constructed, but if a sensible deal was out there to deal some pitching for position players, then I would have liked to have seen that and Koji signed. That said, I believe there are still some appealing relief options on the market and the O's would have to trade multiple guys to be hurting for relievers.

#6 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm also interested to see how much he's getting.

There is really no room for him as the roster is currently constructed, but if a sensible deal was out there to deal some pitching for position players, then I would have liked to have seen that and Koji signed. That said, I believe there are still some appealing relief options on the market and the O's would have to trade multiple guys to be hurting for relievers.

Yeah, let's see what he got. After seeing what Sean Burnett signed for, I wonder.

#7 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

$4.25M.

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,928 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Not too disappointed that we didn't match or beat that. He's very effective, but injured a lot. Going to $4.5-5M for a 50 or so inning reliever is a lot of cash. Would have made more sense if we had moved JJ.

#9 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Not too disappointed that we didn't match or beat that. He's very effective, but injured a lot. Going to $4.5-5M for a 50 or so inning reliever is a lot of cash. Would have made more sense if we had moved JJ.

Agreed. Wish he had signed out of the division though.

#10 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Too much for one year but I wonder if he would have come here for 2/6-6.5 type deal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=