• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Saw this today and thought it was worth mentioning. Orioles are switching to Tickets.com after being with Ticketmaster. I've had issues in the past with the customer service with Ticketmaster, so I like the move to Tickets.com, but I'm thinking that Tickets.com will be no different than Ticketmaster when it comes to sur charges and fees like that. I know that Tickets.com is owned by MLB Advanced Media, so it was only a matter of time before the Orioles started using them.

http://www.bizjourna...ticketscom.html
@mrbeanage

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

As I said on this board a few months ago, TM wasn't/isn't a monopoly.

#3 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

I never had a problem with TM and my quick perusal of tickets.com left me unimpressed. Sigh.
@JeffLongBP

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

I am sure they will be no different from Ticketmaster but good riddance to TM. They have been gouging people for years.
I will never forget walking up to the dump that is the arena and buying four tickets to a Baltimore Mariner game. I was charged $4.25 per ticket is service charges. $17.00 for about 45 seconds of customer service and the cost of the paper tickets. As I said good riddance.
@mikeghg

#5 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

I always use StubHub anyway, so this doesn't really affect me. I love StubHub. Great deals on seats. I never pay under $40 per seat and am always able to get down a couple rows from the field.
@BSLZackKiesel

#6 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Some Orioles fans were upset when Ticketmaster and the team refused to refund part of the cost of tickets for playoff games that never ended up happening. The costs were associated with producing the tickets -- including printing them on special paper with security features.

Now, the Orioles have signed a long-term deal with Tickets.com, a company that has made its name by pushing mobile technology. They were the first company to allow fans to search for, purchase and have tickets delivered on a mobile device, according to a news release. They worked with Major League Baseball Advanced Media to become the first adopters of the new Apple Passbook application.

The deal was first reported by Lambert of the Baltimore Business Journal last week, and confirmed Monday by the Orioles.

http://www.baltimore... ... 0627.story
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#7 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

http://www.baltimore... ... 0627.story

Those "fans" clearly didn't read that the fees were non-refundable. Again, this is a non-issue and I have no sympathy for them. And I was one of those who did NOT get thier fees refunded for non-played games.
@levineps

#8 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

I always use StubHub anyway, so this doesn't really affect me. I love StubHub. Great deals on seats. I never pay under $40 per seat and am always able to get down a couple rows from the field.

I've moved on to scorebig.com and had good luck with it.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#9 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

$7 in charges for buying my 2 tickets to Fanfest.

Lovely.
@JeffLongBP

#10 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

$7 in charges for buying my 2 tickets to Fanfest.

Lovely.

That seems excessive, wonder if you bought them at the box office it be cheaper and/or on the day of the event.
@levineps

#11 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

That seems excessive, wonder if you bought them at the box office it be cheaper and/or on the day of the event.

I would deem 35% of the total purchase price to be excessive, yes. Haha
@JeffLongBP

#12 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Went to buy tickets in the pre-sale today. $10.50 upcharge regardless of location to purchase 2 tickets.

$6.50 in convenience charges for the 2 tickets and a $4 order fee.

They're really making it annoying to buy tickets online.
@JeffLongBP

#13 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Went to buy tickets in the pre-sale today. $10.50 upcharge regardless of location to purchase 2 tickets.

$6.50 in convenience charges for the 2 tickets and a $4 order fee.

They're really making it annoying to buy tickets online.

WE WANT YOU TO BUY SEASON TICKETS!

That's what they are saying.

#14 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Confirmed. I just bought 1 adult and 2 child tickets. $3.50 "convenience" fee and $4.00 "per order" fee.

I'll be sure to buy my tickets elsewhere throughout the season (scorebig.com).
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#15 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Confirmed. I just bought 1 adult and 2 child tickets. $3.50 "convenience" fee and $4.00 "per order" fee.

I'll be sure to buy my tickets elsewhere throughout the season (scorebig.com).

Yea, I like how this was an "EXCLUSIVE" early season buy but then they charge you a pre order fee! LOL

If you are going to be charged a pre order fee, then why the hell would you not just pay the walk up fee...whats the difference? The whole idea is to get you to buy tickets earlier...if they are going to charge you for buying them early, as well as buying them on the day of the game, when the hell do you buy them when they are sticking some charge up your ass?

#16 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Yea, I like how this was an "EXCLUSIVE" early season buy but then they charge you a pre order fee! LOL

If you are going to be charged a pre order fee, then why the hell would you not just pay the walk up fee...whats the difference? The whole idea is to get you to buy tickets earlier...if they are going to charge you for buying them early, as well as buying them on the day of the game, when the hell do you buy them when they are sticking some charge up your ass?

I might walk over there to see what it would cost to buy tickets for the same date...
@JeffLongBP

#17 Domenic

Domenic

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

It's worth mentioning that the "day of game surcharges" are in fact imposed by the Orioles. However tickets.com is the one that charges the handling fees, shipping, etc. Granted all the average Joe knows is that the ticket is being advertised as $10 and he's paying $13-$14, however I do wish that the Orioles did a better job of communicating the fact that this is the case. I'm not saying that anyone here didn't already know that, however again I think it's worth the mention.
@DomenicVadala

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=