#2 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

http://baltimorespor...ynolds-a-goner/

If we trade Reynolds today, what do you think we could get for him. He's better (IMO) than 90% of non-tender guys.
@JeffLongBP

#3 LanceRinker

LanceRinker

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

If we trade Reynolds today, what do you think we could get for him. He's better (IMO) than 90% of non-tender guys.

I don't think we'd get anything because no one will trade for him. They know the O's aren't going to offer him arbitration and I don't think teams that are interested in him as a free agent want to trade for him because he's arbitration eligible.

His value right now is around $6 million per season. I could see a team offering him a 2/$12 deal or even a 3/$21 deal.

No team wants to risk having to pay him $9+ million dollars though.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,500 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

http://baltimorespor...ynolds-a-goner/

They might not offer arbitration, but I expect Reynolds will be back. I still see a 2 year deal.

I had some interest in Napoli, but him seeking 4 years is too much for me.

#5 LanceRinker

LanceRinker

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

They might not offer arbitration, but I expect Reynolds will be back. I still see a 2 year deal.

I had some interest in Napoli, but him seeking 4 years is too much for me.

I like Napoli as well but health is a concern and I wouldn't go any more than 3 years for him. Even 3 years is 1 too many IMO, but 3 is a competitive offer.

#6 Kevin Ebert

Kevin Ebert
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

I like Napoli as well but health is a concern and I wouldn't go any more than 3 years for him. Even 3 years is 1 too many IMO, but 3 is a competitive offer.

Don't forget that for much of Napoli's career, he was forced to share time with Jeff Matthis for some reason. Also, as a catcher he takes more games off than most players. He really hasn't been hurt all that much during his career.

The rumors seem to indicate that multiple teams are willing to offer him 3 years, but he's holding out for 4. He might as well try for 4 in a pretty weak market for 1B.
@BSLKevinEbert

#7 LanceRinker

LanceRinker

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Don't forget that for much of Napoli's career, he was forced to share time with Jeff Matthis for some reason. Also, as a catcher he takes more games off than most players. He really hasn't been hurt all that much during his career.

The rumors seem to indicate that multiple teams are willing to offer him 3 years, but he's holding out for 4. He might as well try for 4 in a pretty weak market for 1B.

He was hurt last year and missed a small chunk of time in 2011 also. That's basically what I'm referring to. But yeah, you are right with the fact that Napoli was splitting time with Mathis for the first three years of his career or so.

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

http://www.masnsport... ... -gone.html

Well, he sure thinks he is a goner.

#9 Kevin Ebert

Kevin Ebert
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Why wouldn't the team have reached out to him at all yet? That seems strange to me. Even if it was just to see if he'd accept a 1/6 kind of deal if that's all they were comfortable doing. It just seems weird to not even touch base with him.

What do you guys think that means?
@BSLKevinEbert

#10 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Why wouldn't the team have reached out to him at all yet? That seems strange to me. Even if it was just to see if he'd accept a 1/6 kind of deal if that's all they were comfortable doing. It just seems weird to not even touch base with him.

If they haven't even talked to him at all I think it means he's gone. Personally I was hoping they would bring him back, but I can understand why they wouldn't want to and I think this is more evidence that a trade is in the works. I'm a bit disappointed in Duquette though, if you don't want to bring him back that's fine but I think he could have at least let Reynolds or his agent know that rather than letting him dangle in the wind.

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Maybe its as simple as the Orioles don't want him back.

Maybe they see what I have been saying...that the lineup is filled with too many guys that strike out, don't have speed, low average, etc...

And since Reynolds is making money and isn't a SS and isn't cheap like Davis and isn't a cornerstone guy like Jones, they have decided that its better to move on from him.

And maybe they are working on a deal for a first baseman via trade and believe something will get done.

I will be sorry to see Reynolds go...He got too much of a bad rap at times from the fans and I think he will have a bounce back season..but I still would lean towards letting him go.

#12 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Maybe its as simple as the Orioles don't want him back.

Maybe they see what I have been saying...that the lineup is filled with too many guys that strike out, don't have speed, low average, etc...

And since Reynolds is making money and isn't a SS and isn't cheap like Davis and isn't a cornerstone guy like Jones, they have decided that its better to move on from him.

And maybe they are working on a deal for a first baseman via trade and believe something will get done.

I will be sorry to see Reynolds go...He got too much of a bad rap at times from the fans and I think he will have a bounce back season..but I still would lean towards letting him go.

This. I think the O's just prefer to go in a different direction to devirsify the lineup. I also said numerous times that I didn't think Reynolds was a Buck nugget. I think Buck respected Mark's work ethic and the way he played after moving to 1b but he still wasn't a big fan of the overall skillset. The other thing of note is Reynolds desire not to DH. He basically is only a 1B at this point. Buck wasn't going to put him back on 3b. His lack of versatility hurts him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=