HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

BSL: Northwestern & George Mason This Week for Terps
http://baltimorespor...week-for-terps/

A good test on the road but a winnable game for the young Terps.
ESPN2 tomorrow night.
@mikeghg

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

If Maryland wins what conference gets credit? Only kidding.
@mikeghg

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

If Maryland wins what conference gets credit? Only kidding.

Saw someone on Facebook ask which conference should MD fans root for?

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Saw someone on Facebook ask which conference should MD fans root for?

They win either way, right?
@mikeghg

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

CSN Baltimore: MD faces Northwestern in Big Ten / ACC Challenge
http://www.csnbaltim...enacc-challenge

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Testudo Times: Northwestern Preview
http://www.testudoti...g-ten-challenge

#8 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,346 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Any chance two strong wins this week propels MD into the top 25? I saw in the most recent AP poll that MD was dropped from the "Others receiving votes" mentions, so I'd guess not.

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Any chance two strong wins this week propels MD into the top 25? I saw in the most recent AP poll that MD was dropped from the "Others receiving votes" mentions, so I'd guess not.

Maybe. If they blow out Northwestern, that will get some attention since the Challenge itself will get some attention. The Sunday game will likely have minimal impact, because people will be voting that night, and seemingly Sunday games get ignored.

Agree with you though, that probably not is the answer.

If they get these 2 wins, MD should be 12-1 starting conference play. Would have to think they would be ranked by then.

#10 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

If they get these 2 wins, MD should be 12-1 starting conference play. Would have to think they would be ranked by then.

Agreed
@levineps

#11 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Reminded how ugly the Northwestern court was today on Twitter.
@levineps

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Maybe. If they blow out Northwestern, that will get some attention since the Challenge itself will get some attention. The Sunday game will likely have minimal impact, because people will be voting that night, and seemingly Sunday games get ignored.

I think you might see them break into the top 25 this week with 2 wins.

Anxious to see tonights game.
Need a good game from Aronhalt to loosen up the NW zone package.
@mikeghg

#13 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,346 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

I think the way MD dominated the 2nd half, and was very clearly the superior team and is immensely talented, that they may indeed get consideration in the new poll. I still doubt it's enough, but it's crystal clear to me now that MD is a top 25 team right now, at a minimum.

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

George Mason moved to 5-2 last night, with a 55-52 win at Rhode Island.

The Patriots led by as much as 16, and had a 13 point lead at halftime.

George Mason won on the boards 41-26. They were 4 of 12 from 3 point land, and 9 of 15 from the line.
The Patriots had 15 turnovers, and just 9 assists. Four players scored at-least 7 points, but only 2 were in double figures. They had 3 players with at-least 7 boards.

#15 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Jay Williams tweeted saying he believes Maryland will compete for the ACC title this season. I agree with him. This is a top 25 team, and there is only one team in the ACC I think may be a lot more talented, and that is DUke. I think they match up with NC State and NC well. I think this is perhaps one of the most dangerous teams. They are young and will get better as the season goes on. This is not a team other teams want to face come February. They will make the NCAA tourny, mark my words.
@Langley486

#16 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Jay Williams tweeted saying he believes Maryland will compete for the ACC title this season. I agree with him. This is a top 25 team, and there is only one team in the ACC I think may be a lot more talented, and that is DUke. I think they match up with NC State and NC well. I think this is perhaps one of the most dangerous teams. They are young and will get better as the season goes on. This is not a team other teams want to face come February. They will make the NCAA tourny, mark my words.

I agree, Duke is certainly at this point a cut above everyone. Maryland is a team that will get better as the games go on. Len and Wells are true impact players and Faust will develop into the 3rd scoring option that all teams need. The point guard spot is one that is a concern but I think PShon and Allen will get better. It will be an interesting year, and I think Maryland will get ranked and make the tourney.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

George Mason moved to 5-2 last night, with a 55-52 win at Rhode Island.

The Patriots led by as much as 16, and had a 13 point lead at halftime.

George Mason won on the boards 41-26. They were 4 of 12 from 3 point land, and 9 of 15 from the line.
The Patriots had 15 turnovers, and just 9 assists. Four players scored at-least 7 points, but only 2 were in double figures. They had 3 players with at-least 7 boards.

Should be a challenge for the Terps. It will also be a challenge for the DVR. I will watch when I get home from watching the Ravens pound the Steelers, hope to see Maryland pound GM.
@mikeghg

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Washington Post: Turgeon keeps Terps grounded as National Buzz swirls
http://www.washingto...al-buzz-swirls/

#19 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

I agree, Duke is certainly at this point a cut above everyone. Maryland is a team that will get better as the games go on. Len and Wells are true impact players and Faust will develop into the 3rd scoring option that all teams need. The point guard spot is one that is a concern but I think PShon and Allen will get better. It will be an interesting year, and I think Maryland will get ranked and make the tourney.

I don't know if you watched the Northwestern- Maryland game, but Stephen Bardo hit the nail on the head. Every since Howard had his first injury, his shot has not been the same. He is a good distributor though, which is a positive and so far, we have not needed his scoring. He should get better as things move along. As for Allen, his ball handeling is shaky to say the least. He is more of a SG right now.
@Langley486

#20 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Slightly off-topic, but that great showing against Kentucky is starting to lose its luster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=