Photo

BSL: Is Now the Time the Orioles Trade Pitching?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LanceRinker

LanceRinker

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

http://baltimorespor...trade-pitching/

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Reading between the lines, it sure seems that the Baltimore media believes the Orioles will trade pitching for offense.

I agree tht the trade market is the thing to attack and with so much speculation coming from the local media,I think they are hearing that the Orioles plan to do just that.

#3 LanceRinker

LanceRinker

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Reading between the lines, it sure seems that the Baltimore media believes the Orioles will trade pitching for offense.

I agree tht the trade market is the thing to attack and with so much speculation coming from the local media,I think they are hearing that the Orioles plan to do just that.

It definitely makes sense given the fact that they could trade a Britton or a Steve Johnson, and even a Matusz and still be alright depth wise.

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

http://www.masnsport... ... um=twitter

More speculation...posted this in the Myers thread but I'm focusing on different things here.

Roch brings up Tillman, who I definitely feel we should be looking to move, although it has to be in the right deal.

Anyway, the one thing that people are totally overlooking about Tillman is that he is out of options.

Now,sure if he has truly turned the corner, that aspect of things means nothing.

But what if he struggles again? What if he has an ERA of 6 through his first 10 starts?

He then will have to go to the pen, where we have plenty of arms out there currently. That means you risk losing him for nothing if you decide to DfA him.

It's certainly something you need to consider when discussing this.

#5 LanceRinker

LanceRinker

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

That's a really good point about Tillman being out of options.

I'm not a fan of trading him..but if you can put him in a package that would bring back a Myers or someone of that caliber then we'd be dumb not to seriously consider it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=