#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,499 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Yahoo: Royals willing to part w/ Wil Myers
http://sports.yahoo....-015456742.html

If the O's were going to match-up, they would likely have to part with Tillman for Myers. Would you do that?

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Yahoo: Royals willing to part w/ Wil Myers
http://sports.yahoo....-015456742.html

If the O's were going to match-up, they would likely have to part with Tillman for Myers. Would you do that?

In a second...but other teams would offer more.

Tillman is far from a frontline starter.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,499 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Yeah, as I wrote yesterday - there is a pretty large range of possible results from Tillman in '13, and until you see him replicate his '12 2nd half - there will continue to be some lingering doubts.

Tillman is the arm that I could see the O's move for Myers though, at-least as their center piece. Not moving Bundy. Even if the Royals considered Hammel an ace, they couldn't move Myers for a guy with just 1 year of team control.

#4 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Yeah they are looking for a proven top of the rotation guy. Myers is only in the mix if they can get one of TB young starters though. Don't think anyone else is trying to give up a sp good enough. Maybe something in ATL but I hear they'd rather keep pitching and sign Upton.
@JeremyMStrain

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Yeah they are looking for a proven top of the rotation guy. Myers is only in the mix if they can get one of TB young starters though. Don't think anyone else is trying to give up a sp good enough. Maybe something in ATL but I hear they'd rather keep pitching and sign Upton.

Yea...even Zona has enough OFers, so I am not sure they would look to move Bauer for him(if KC would do it).

Something with KC and TB makes sense...Hellickson going to the Royals and Gordon, Myers or Hosmer going to TB.

#6 LanceRinker

LanceRinker

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

I would consider offering a package centered around Hammel and Matusz for Myers and Butler.

#7 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,653 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

You give up Tillman plus whoever else they want not named Bundy or Machado without a second thought.

#8 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

First of all, the Royals are "willing" to part with Myers like the Orioles are "willing" to part with Bundy. If another team absolutely blows them out of the water with pieces they want, they do it.

Second, if the Royals call and say they will give the Orioles Myers in exchange for Tillman and, say, two other guys not named Bundy and Machado, Duquette will calmly put them on hold to discuss the proposal with his staff, stand up, do an insane happy dance, sit back down, pick the phone back up and agree.

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

They are reportedly using Myers to try and get Lester or Shields. Uggghh!

http://www.mlbtrader... ... ester.html

#10 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'd deal Tillman for any of those Royals they mention other than Butler. I'd add more as well.

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'd deal Tillman for any of those Royals they mention other than Butler. I'd add more as well.

Without question...I would do it for Butler as well though....but I would rather have the other guys over him.

#12 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Without question...I would do it for Butler as well though....but I would rather have the other guys over him.

But he's slow and can't play the field. ;)

What would you add to get one of those guys and how would you rank them?

#13 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

I would want Myers, Moutsakas, Hosmer, Butler in that order.

As for what I would add....not Bundy or MM. Gausman still not able to be dealt for a while.

Anyone else in the minors and any of the other young starters/BP arms.

#14 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

I would want Myers, Moutsakas, Hosmer, Butler in that order.

As for what I would add....not Bundy or MM. Gausman still not able to be dealt for a while.

Anyone else in the minors and any of the other young starters/BP arms.

What about Gordon?

I think I may go with Moustakas first mostly because of position, then Gordon, Myers, and Hosmer.

Yeah, I'd be willing to deal Tillman and Matusz/Arrieta and a reliever or minor leaguer.

#15 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Moose - Hosmer - Myers - Butler
@JeremyMStrain

#16 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

What about Gordon?

I think I may go with Moustakas first mostly because of position, then Gordon, Myers, and Hosmer.

Yeah, I'd be willing to deal Tillman and Matusz/Arrieta and a reliever or minor leaguer.

Gordon would be after Hosmer for me.

I would be ecstatic to have any of them.

#17 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Moose - Hosmer - Myers - Butler

You also forgot Gordon.

What are your thoughts on these guys, the younger ones specifically?

#18 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

http://www.masnsport... ... um=twitter

More media speculation about trading pitching for hitting.

If the Orioles are able to obtain a very good young hitter, like one of these KC guys, and it takes Tillman and perhaps others, to acquire him, does that make it more likely that they will pay up more for Greinke?

In other words, if you add another cheap young, cost controlled player, do you then feel you can spend more money elsewhere?

#19 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

You also forgot Gordon.

What are your thoughts on these guys, the younger ones specifically?

Oh yeah, he'd be behind Meyers and ahead of Butler for me.

Moose I think will be a solid 3B, but not a superstar, with how bad 3B is around the league, that is still very good though. If he were a little more patient, and he's shown flashes of it, he'd be a constant all-star. He's got a lot of power hiding in there, I think it comes out more as he gets used to the ML and recognizes pitches better, should be a break out year for him this year. Positional scarcity plays a role, but you could keep him a couple years and flip him for a big return if you wanted, but I like knowing that the left side of the INF would be locked down for years.

Hosmer had a bad year, he'll bounce back. He's still got a ton of potential and I like him right in that group with Goldschmidt, Belt etc. He's got a little more power in there, but I think he'll be a consistent near .300 hitter with 20-30 HR potential depending on how it develops. Camden Yards would help that.

Myers has good power and can play CF decently. Would be better in LF here, and would lock it down for years. I think he ends up every bit as good as Gordon if not a smidge better, but I go with the youth and cost over Gordon, that's the only reason Gordo is 4th for me.

Don't like Butler as much because he is limited to DH, he can't play anywhere in the field, and while the bat is nice, carrying players that can only DH really limits your team unless you've got other flexible players and a lot of depth, and I just don't think we are there.
  • mweb08 likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#20 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Oh yeah, he'd be behind Meyers and ahead of Butler for me.

Moose I think will be a solid 3B, but not a superstar, with how bad 3B is around the league, that is still very good though. If he were a little more patient, and he's shown flashes of it, he'd be a constant all-star. He's got a lot of power hiding in there, I think it comes out more as he gets used to the ML and recognizes pitches better, should be a break out year for him this year. Positional scarcity plays a role, but you could keep him a couple years and flip him for a big return if you wanted, but I like knowing that the left side of the INF would be locked down for years.

Hosmer had a bad year, he'll bounce back. He's still got a ton of potential and I like him right in that group with Goldschmidt, Belt etc. He's got a little more power in there, but I think he'll be a consistent near .300 hitter with 20-30 HR potential depending on how it develops. Camden Yards would help that.

Myers has good power and can play CF decently. Would be better in LF here, and would lock it down for years. I think he ends up every bit as good as Gordon if not a smidge better, but I go with the youth and cost over Gordon, that's the only reason Gordo is 4th for me.

Don't like Butler as much because he is limited to DH, he can't play anywhere in the field, and while the bat is nice, carrying players that can only DH really limits your team unless you've got other flexible players and a lot of depth, and I just don't think we are there.

Thanks.

I would really be trying to put together a package for Moustakas especially, but any of these guys but Butler.

Tillman and Arrieta as the core of it, but I'd be willing to add more and consider different players at the top of the offer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=