BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,445 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 28 April 2024 - 08:38 AM

Will this be Suarez' last start?

Need to get the W today and take the series. Can't be losing 2 of 3 at home to cellar dwellars.

#3 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,909 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 08:46 AM

If it's his last start it'll only be because Bradish is healthy and there's a bigger need for his arm in the BP.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,398 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 09:11 AM

Gunnar Henderson SS
Adley Rutschman C
Ryan O’Hearn RF
Anthony Santander DH
Ryan Mountcastle 1B
Cedric Mullins CF
Colton Cowser LF
Ramón Urías 3B
Jorge Mateo 2B

#5 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:01 AM

Why the fudge do we call up Kjerstad if we aren't going to play him!?
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#6 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:05 AM

Good question.

Especially since this was obviously a difficult situation to find him time as I said then.

#7 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,445 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:06 AM

I agree but the problem, and today is a great example, just who would you sit so he can play? 

Mullins, Cowser, Santander, or O'Hearn? Tough to sit any of them but if Kjerstad is not getting at bats his potential trade value drops. We have a logjam (and its good to a point) that I think gets addressed in July.

Some of us wanted them to call up a RH bat just because of this.

#8 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:39 AM

I agree but the problem, and today is a great example, just who would you sit so he can play?
Mullins, Cowser, Santander, or O'Hearn? Tough to sit any of them but if Kjerstad is not getting at bats his potential trade value drops. We have a logjam (and its good to a point) that I think gets addressed in July.

Some of us wanted them to call up a RH bat just because of this.

I don't think there's a lot of room on this team for Kjerstad or Stowers unfortunately and sitting them on the bench and lowering their trade value isn't the answer.

#9 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,909 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:43 AM

Kjerstad will go back down once Hays returns. There's just no room for him to play right now with Santander, Cowser, Mountcastle, and O'Hearn all playing well.

#10 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,445 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:47 AM

Kjerstad will go back down once Hays returns. There's just no room for him to play right now with Santander, Cowser, Mountcastle, and O'Hearn all playing well.

For sure so why didn't they call up Norby or Mayo instead. They have plenty of OFers. A good RH bat seems like a no brainer.

#11 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,909 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:56 AM

Norby and Mayo would be in nearly the same boat- top prospect sitting the bench because everyone ahead of them is playing well.

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:58 AM

I told you a week ago when he was called up there is no real room. You can realistically only play him for one of the 3 OFer (Cowser hypothetically gets a day in CF for Mullins but then either Santander or Kjerstad has to cover huge LF....thats why Mullins wont get many/any rest days against righties and if he does McKenna prob plays CF) Mount, or OHearn. All 5 of these guys are producing. There is no room. And if Kjerstad was gonna break through and get more time he has to do better than 0-5 with 3 Ks. I get thats the smallest of sample sizes but when other guys are performing there is no time to be handing out undeserved PT to try to break someone in to MLB pitching

#13 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,547 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 April 2024 - 12:02 PM

There’s only 9 starting hitters a game. MLB isn’t going to change the rules on that just because Elias has built the best pipeline of offensive talent in the history of the game.

#14 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,909 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 12:07 PM

Should adjust to slow pitch softball rules and allow us an extra hitter or two. Or let Kjerstad hit for whoever is playing 2B.

#15 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 12:10 PM

Also why Ive always been annoyed by the open spots up for 3 or 4 young guys to go into one big league lineup at one time. Weve seen in the offseason and even the early days of the season the people who clamored to trade away or cut the vets. No, if all of these prospect struggles have proven anything its that you break in these guys slowly. 1 or 2 at a time on the roster and bring them along slow. It would be different if this were 2021. You could let them all out there and take their lumps at the same time. We are a championship caliber team. You dont just run multiple guys out there to play and take lumps just to do it. 1 or 2 at a time. Pick your spots. When the look like theyve turned a corner and earned more PT they get it. Cowser was the perfect example of that this year. If he wasnt producing he wouldnt have stolen so many reps from Hays so soon.

#16 Tranquil1

Tranquil1
  • Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationFrankford, Delaware

Posted 28 April 2024 - 12:36 PM

I don't like the way Hyde uses the lineup or bullpen. If this team fails I believe he'll be a major reason. Sorry if I offended anyone by stating that.

#17 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,100 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 12:38 PM

I've got zero problems with Kjerstad on the MLB bench vice Norfolk everyday.  I'd like to find 1-2 starts a week for him and think they will, more if he does well with the limited role.

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 12:39 PM

I've got zero problems with Kjerstad on the MLB bench vice Norfolk everyday. I'd like to find 1-2 starts a week for him and think they will, more if he does well with the limited role.

He has to perform in limited spots. Thats the key. Its not fair he has to play so rarely or come of the bench cold to hit bt its the only way he can get more time short of injury

#19 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,100 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 12:57 PM

Suarez gives up a run.

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 01:11 PM

Cowser better show that he can adjust and hit the changeup. Teams are starting to use it very successfully against him. Gave him a gift there going to curve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=