Albert Suarez vs Reid Detmers

#2 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,777 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 01:08 PM

He's obviously not a long term solution at his age, but interested to see how Suarez looks his 2nd time out. Had a lot of swing and miss with the FB in his last start. Could prove to be a solid BP arm for a couple of years.

#3 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 02:22 PM

I didn't see his last start.

Definitely interested to watch this guy tonight.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#4 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,965 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 02:58 PM

The Yankees lost today, so the O's are in first place by percentage points heading into tonight's game.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 03:18 PM

Orioles facing yet another pitcher with a sub 2.00 ERA.  They effectively handled the first two, so let's see if that can continue.  

#6 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,777 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 03:33 PM

Angels have 2 SP with sub 2 ERAs and we get to face both of them. And a guy with an ERA of 8 sandwiched in the middle.

#7 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,777 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 03:36 PM

The Yankees lost today, so the O's are in first place by percentage points heading into tonight's game.

They're once again a horrific offensive team. They've basically been Soto and a couple hot weeks from Volpe. Verdugo has been meh.

Judge, Stanton, Torres, and Rizzo have been terrible.

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 03:51 PM

And have a great record despite those guys not performing well. Judge will hit. Thats a lock if he is healthy. Torres will be a good 2b if hes healthy. Stanton and Rizzo who knows. Def more possible they are done done. Oh, Verdugo will enf up being solid too. Oh and prob get Cole back eventually. If the Yanks stay healthy they will win 90.

Btw the events of today were great. Boone caught some strays and was ultimately thrown out for something a fan said. But this is the result of constantly barking and chirping. He had already started after Ruiz was HBP. Well deserved even though he, or his team, arent the ones who said anything after the ump said I dont want to hear no more

#9 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,777 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 03:54 PM

Judge should still hit, but he's already admitted that the toe / foot issue is something that he'll just have to deal with from now on. And he's a huge dude playing CF. Wouldn't shock me at all if he's more the 5-6 WAR player than 8 or 9 going forward.

Torres hasn't been a great bat since 2019. Verdugo is a solid regular, but nothing special. Not sold at all on Stanton or Rizzo, though Stanton should still hit some HRs.

A hot Soto and Judge can carry a team with a couple other solid regulars, though.

#10 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 03:57 PM

They will win 90+ unless Soto and or Judge miss significant time. Or they just are constantly injuried as a team. People want to shit on the Yanks talent but its quality.

#11 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 06:05 PM

The odds of Judge and Stanton making it through a whole season is slim to none.  Especially Stanton.  Those two have be so juiced up over an extended period of time that their bodies are and will systematically break down going forward.  The question with them is how their pitching holds up.  Similar to the Orioles. 

#12 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,965 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 06:34 PM

Hays to the IL. Banuelos up again for tonight. Tomorrow's promotion will be more interesting (unless it's McKenna).

#13 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 06:39 PM

Hays to the IL. Banuelos up again for tonight. Tomorrow's promotion will be more interesting (unless it's McKenna).

He’s not on the 40 man anymore. Kjerstad and Stowers are. Kjerstad is doing better this year and is more highly regarded, I assume it’s him.

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 06:42 PM

I mean they need a RH bat and a legit 4th OFer IMO. The only reason it wouldnt be McKenna is if they didnt want to add him back to the 40 man for some reason. Kjerstad and Stowers are already on the 40 man.  My guess is it is McKenna.

#15 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 06:44 PM

He hurt himself on Sat. Didnt play yesterday and then flew all the way out to LA. They could've already had someone up and likely playing tonight against a LH starter. 

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 06:51 PM

He hurt himself on Sat. Didnt play yesterday and then flew all the way out to LA. They could've already had someone up and likely playing tonight against a LH starter.

Agree, that's pretty bad roster management. Hopefully won't matter but basically playing a man short tonight with a useless 3rd catcher instead of someone who could help more or provide more important depth.

#17 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 06:55 PM

That's what's always annoying about Hays, he gets hurt and either plays hurt (and plays badly) or misses like a week day to day without going on the IL. I'm glad they somewhat nipped it here instead of getting to like 6 days.

I didn't consider the RH part, maybe it will be McKenna. I guess they probably don't mind DFAing him again if needed, but they don't like to do that. Or maybe Peyton Burdick, likewise probably DFAable. 

I guess the question is do they want someone with upside, or someone who is just a pure 4th OF who'll play like twice while Hays is out.

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,274 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 07:13 PM

@masnSteve
Ryan Mountcastle has a sore knee. Out 2nite as precaution. BHyde said he's available.

Ryan Mountcastle has a sore knee. Out 2nite as precaution. BHyde said he's available.

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,274 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 07:14 PM

Gunnar Henderson SS
Adley Rutschman DH
Jordan Westburg 3B
Anthony Santander RF
Ramón Urías 1B
Cedric Mullins CF