137 replies to this topic

#121 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 06:18 PM

Brewers are good and hot and we're in a team wide funk. It happens.

I don't know how they can leave Boston with a sweep and then come home and look this bad.

#122 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,732 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 06:20 PM

Milwaukee is significantly better than Boston.

#123 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,872 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 06:30 PM

This one bothers me. Maybe more than any other loss so far this year.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#124 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,872 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 06:33 PM

Glad we have Burnes tomorrow. What an asset.
  • You Play to Win the Game and BobPhelan like this

#125 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,612 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 April 2024 - 06:47 PM

This one bothers me. Maybe more than any other loss so far this year.

Agreed.

#126 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 06:53 PM

I was going to post Wells & Kremer's combined numbers, but it's just too defeating. 

Burnes steps up and restores some dignity tomorrow.

I wanna know more about what MacDonald was going on about when he was wondering out loud how Gary Sanchez could be so late on a fastball on the one pitch, and then immediately be sitting dead red up and out of the zone on the very next pitch. 

I had figured McCann went veteran leadership on Adames by telling him to pipe down about his wind-aided HR, but MacD was taking it to a whole other level. 

#127 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 06:55 PM

They are fortunate to be 8-6. Its not that theyve been bad but very inconsistent. So you take these stretches where you are mediocre to subpar but put up more wins tham losses.

#128 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 06:57 PM

Both players said it was nothing Adames did. Like pimpimg it. Etc. Plus with the way Hyde and their manager were talking that also led me to believe it wasnt the pimp job. I figured it was concerns of sign stealing and Ben confirmed that with what he said today

#129 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,732 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 07:00 PM

They are fortunate to be 8-6. Its not that theyve been bad but very inconsistent. So you take these stretches where you are mediocre to subpar but put up more wins tham losses.

This. They haven't played great at all after the first 2 and Burnes start in Boston and still sit 2 games over.

#130 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,732 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 07:33 PM

I will say this - I think they'll be fine but things could get dicey if Means and/or Bradish can't return and be effective.

Burnes and Grayson are great. Kremer will have his days like today, but he's generally solid enough for a back end guy. Wells stuff hasn't looked good and he's notorious for hitting a wall at 100 IP. Irvin shouldn't be starting.

The problem with Elias first couple of drafts is he largely ignored pitching, so now we've got an amazing collection of position players and almost no pitching help in the upper minors.
  • NewMarketSean likes this

#131 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,872 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 07:36 PM

I don't think Johnson, Povich, McDermott are nothing but I do think they're more likely to help in the pen this year than rotation. Think one or more will leapfrog Irvin as the #7 SP, but don't think any of them are the answer if Bradish and Means can't be effective. Still bummed we didn't ink Montgomery. That's a blunder.

#132 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,376 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 April 2024 - 08:35 PM

I don't think Johnson, Povich, McDermott are nothing but I do think they're more likely to help in the pen this year than rotation. Think one or more will leapfrog Irvin as the #7 SP, but don't think any of them are the answer if Bradish and Means can't be effective. Still bummed we didn't ink Montgomery. That's a blunder.

Agreed all around, but I'll add that if two of them (or a surprise guy) can make an impact in the pen, that would be huge given the apparent shortcomings there.

#133 mikezpen

mikezpen
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 08:58 PM

Povich threw his third consecutive great start tonite. 1 run in 5+ innings and fanned 10.

#134 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 09:16 PM

I think after last year, and the way it ended, you had to do more when Bradish and Means were hurt. Entering the season when you expect to contend and make it to the next level you shouldn't have been content with this rotation as is and the BP without Felix. I feel like they hoped everything would go their way again like it mostly did last year and baseball doesn't care about your hopes. like firewood when you think you have enough, double it.
  • SonicAttack likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#135 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,732 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 09:53 PM

I'd give Povich a look before Irvin's next go round.

#136 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 10:39 PM

I think after last year, and the way it ended, you had to do more when Bradish and Means were hurt. Entering the season when you expect to contend and make it to the next level you shouldn't have been content with this rotation as is and the BP without Felix. I feel like they hoped everything would go their way again like it mostly did last year and baseball doesn't care about your hopes. like firewood when you think you have enough, double it.

Rubenstein wasn't a player until the midnight hour, if at all. Basically, a last F-U from the Angelos family? 

#137 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 08:15 AM

I'd give Povich a look before Irvin's next go round.

Irvin is slated to pitch tomorrow...and I am going to the game. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#138 mikezpen

mikezpen
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 07:49 PM

If you want to see Irvin, don't be late.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=