#21 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,139 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 08:43 AM

Here are all the picks in 2022 and 2023

3rd round pick Nolan McClean didn't sign in '22, the O's had concerns after seeing his medicals post-draft (he was drafted again in 3rd round by Mets in '24 and signed for about slot).  They also didn't sign 3 later picks, but they did give out a $440k and $1.3M bonus to two later picks.

#22 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 09:15 AM

Dude practically guaranteed an under slot college bat in 2022, so Holliday must have been the result of some sort of chaos too.

(not that he was on an island, a whole lot of experts said the same thing)

Failing to sign McLean due to medical issues doesn't seem at all notable IMO, and Young was basically his replacement.

2022 was also weird as this was the only time they went over 100% of total draft slots (I think), but they were still around the expected budget because the slot for McLean came off.

#23 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,542 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 09:36 AM

What was their signing % the first 3 drafts?

There we go. Ask a question expecting someone to elaborate and explain their position and because you said "looks par for the course" his response to you is a question for you quoting that part of your post. No explanation at all. . . Answering a question with a question. Im cryptic . Try to figure out what exactly I mean guys. But trust me, as Richard states above, you dont want the 5 post novel response thats needs a dude to English translator either. The Cole Irvin of BSL. Like pulling teeth to follow and have a conversation. Sure, he will occasionally throw in a solid post but they are few and far between.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=