89 replies to this topic

#81 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,542 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 10:01 PM

Glad we gave away the extra year. Well worth it instead of waiting a few days. Holliday is obv gonna be fine long term but a horrible business decision. If anything Cerrano is right send him back, just for the extra year. But they arent going to do that unless this is a prolonged stretch of struggle.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#82 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,542 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 10:07 PM

Let this also be the lesson for all the crybabies who think a guy tearing up AAA is going to come up and tear up MLB. Its two different worlds. Call up 3, 4, hell even all 5 of the AAA "studs" they said. Unreal logic.

#83 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,639 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 April 2024 - 10:15 PM

Let this also be the lesson for all the crybabies who think a guy tearing up AAA is going to come up and tear up MLB. Its two different worlds. Call up 3, 4, hell even all 5 of the AAA "studs" they said. Unreal logic.

Kjerstad already got his feet wet, he can replace Hays immediately - Cowser can back up CF.

Once Holliday is adjusted Mayo can take over third base.

#84 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,938 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 10:16 PM

Granted, three games against 3 very good SPs.

I still would've kept him down in AAA longer, however.

#85 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,938 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 10:18 PM

Kjerstad already got his feet wet, he can replace Hays immediately - Cowser can back up CF.

Once Holliday is adjusted Mayo can take over third base.

Think Kjerstad has to start once he's here. Ideally, he's your DH guy but O'Hearn hasn't done anything to lose that spot yet.

Perhaps Kjerstad can find enough ABs between RF/LF/1B/DH but then you're making the team even more LH dominant than it already is.

#86 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,542 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 10:31 PM

They already have too much exposure to LHP. Cant have your whole OF be LH hitters. If they wanna call up Norby I could live with it but you cant have 4 or 5 guys trying to estabish themselves in MLB on the same roster. Hays isnt going anywhere anytime soon unless they find an injury. Hes not being option(if possible) or DFAd. Urias could go for 1 guy. Kjerstad, Stowers or Norby but no more than 1 more guy trying to be worked in right now.

#87 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:14 AM

I’d look for BP help with Sowers. He doesn’t have a future on this team.

#88 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,139 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 10:42 AM

Kjerstad had pretty even splits last year...900 v RHP, 880 v LHP.  Stowers had 920/780 last year but was actually better against LHP prior...800/1000 in 2022, 880/950 in 2021.

Not sure either guy would need to be protected against LHP and might make them more feasible options for the current team even if that leads to a glut of LH bats.

#89 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,542 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 10:59 AM

AAA splits are nearly meaningless to me. We dont need more exposure to LHP right now. I could take one of the two but not at Hays expense. Would have to be Urias and only have Mateo as the Inf Uti guy. But I dont either called up to be a bench bat. Especially not Kjerstad.

#90 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 11:02 AM

Urias is a career reverse splits guy but I don’t feel they ever treated him that way. I feel like they care if the opposing pitcher has reverse splits, but not their batters. All anecdotal of course.

I think it’s a bit overblown myself, but they obviously care a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=