#62 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,259 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 07 April 2024 - 02:59 PM

All the games could have gone either way.  The other team is trying too.

Offense will wake up but ugh since the second game.

Pitching has been good.

Find a way to win....didn't happen the last 2 games.

#63 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 03:00 PM

2 blown games in a row. Not good.

#64 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,771 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 03:08 PM

Not gonna win many series only scoring 11 runs in 3 games. Pitching has been on point.

#65 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,259 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 07 April 2024 - 03:14 PM

Kind of need a blowout to get things re-aligned.  Playing every game where every pitch matters forces you into the high burn rate on everyone and every mistake is over-blown.

Hard way to stay consistent.. 

#66 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 03:18 PM

We didn’t settle in last season until mid way through April, went on a 7 game win streak on game 16 when we were 7-8. We’ll be fine.

#67 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,096 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 03:35 PM

Offense is not OK
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#68 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,096 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 03:36 PM

Not having Felix is going to cost us 10 games. That’s why I went 91-71
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#69 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 03:48 PM

The way the Red Sox have been pitching, it doesn't look to get any easier next week.

#70 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 07:28 PM

Btw if I ever see people look at a schedule ahead of time and try to be like oh we play so and so to start the year. We can get out to a great April. Thats not how crap works. Stop it with that stuff forever. Especially at the start of a new season.
  • Hooded Viper and cprenegade like this

#71 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 07:29 PM

We can pick out individuals if we want. No need at this point. The team has to play better baseball. Thats the easiest way to say everything
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#72 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 07:31 PM

But trust me Id love to yell at a few individuals after today

#73 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 08:52 PM

Btw if I ever see people look at a schedule ahead of time and try to be like oh we play so and so to start the year. We can get out to a great April. Thats not how crap works. Stop it with that stuff forever. Especially at the start of a new season.

That's a very true statement.  Two seasons ago how many people said that about the Orioles?  They weren't thinking that the Orioles had been drafting early for the last 5 years or so.  Well, so have the Pirates and the Royals and maybe some of that talent showed up over the last week.    

• mdrunning likes this

#74 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 09:09 PM

What a sad, pathetic series.

Nope. You need to reevaluate. It was sad and pathetic to go 1-2 and be in position to win all 3. Sad and pathetic?? This is why man. This is why. Just use appropriate language, 

#75 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 11:34 PM

That's a very true statement.  Two seasons ago how many people said that about the Orioles?  They weren't thinking that the Orioles had been drafting early for the last 5 years or so.  Well, so have the Pirates and the Royals and maybe some of that talent showed up over the last week.    

These perennial tail-enders also haven't yet been exposed to the realities of a 162-game season. Everyone is optimistic in April and their play can reflect that.

#76 mikezpen

mikezpen
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 02:04 AM

Yeah but they both gave the Orioles hell. And, they exposed weakesses-soft bullpen in spots, vulnerability to lefthanded pitching, weak bottom of order. What happens when we play contenders?

#77 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 06:40 AM

Yeah but they both gave the Orioles hell. And, they exposed weakesses-soft bullpen in spots, vulnerability to lefthanded pitching, weak bottom of order. What happens when we play contenders?

We'll find out soon enough starting Tuesday. 

#78 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 06:49 AM

Its all SSS. But it is true thatits.more likely all teams are gonna fight harder in April vs bad teams in August. Id rather let things play out a bit and give me a favorable schedule in July or Aug when we know for sure who some of the softer teams are and may be going throughthe motions. Ill always take a tough April on paper vs a soft one.

#79 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 06:55 AM

Nope. You need to reevaluate. It was sad and pathetic to go 1-2 and be in position to win all 3. Sad and pathetic?? This is why man. This is why. Just use appropriate language,

The bullpen, defense, and offense were all average to poor for the majority of the series. Despite their early record, I don't believe Pittsburgh is very good. The fact that this team can't hit mediocre pitching, and can't hold mediocre lineups in check close and late is not good. If you want to pick some different adjectives to use, fine, but this was a very disheartening showing from a team that should be much better than it appears to be. I know it's a long season and these series will occur from time to time, but this team has not looked right for a week.

#80 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 07:05 AM

Jesus, give me a break. Our team ERA is very solid ar 3.07, 7th overall. Our bats haven’t come around yet but we faces a lot of tough lefties through the first 9 and we are a lefty centric batting team. We are 2 games better than this time last year and anyone who doesn’t think both KC and Pittsburgh are vastly better than last year with a lot of young talent is just fooling themselves. Take a freakin breath.
  • russsnyder likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=