13 replies to this topic

#1 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 12:59 PM

For those of you who are out of market, what have you found to be the best options for watching or listening to the games? I used to subscribe to MLB.com, but I only ever watch or listen to Orioles games usually, and it's pretty pricey. From what I understand, MASN does not have a subscription service yet, correct? Just curious if anything else is out there.

#2 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,445 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 30 March 2024 - 01:14 PM

Sorry I just use MLB tv.

#3 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,679 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 March 2024 - 01:18 PM

McNulty can find some random stream from Yugoslavia for you probably

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,938 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 01:57 PM

Methstreams.

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 02:34 PM

I'm happy to subscribe to a service if it's worth it. Just wondering if MLB.tv is the only decent option.

#6 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,542 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 02:38 PM

I think MLB.con is worth it. You get milb games too along with all out of market MLB games. But Im a baseball nut who knows its the greatest sport ever.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,430 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 02:59 PM

Re: Radio..    I'm listening to the WBAL steam in my office because my office tv is YouTube. 

Are you not able to get the WBAL stream out of the area?

#8 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 30 March 2024 - 03:01 PM

I have MLB.TV, but I've heard that Drogon.tv is good, and I think it's only $10/month

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,531 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 March 2024 - 07:35 PM

I'm happy to subscribe to a service if it's worth it. Just wondering if MLB.tv is the only decent option.

MLB.tv is great for me because living on the west coast I often can't tune in for the start of the games, but with them I can watch from the beginning without knowing the score (and zip through commercials). Can't do that with the other streams....you just have to pick up wherever the game is at that time. If you're either military/veteran or a student you can get it for like 1/3 off the regular price. I'm a vet and only paid like $99 for this season.

Only downside is the blackouts. I can't see any of the games on AppleTV+ or Peacock, plus any games against the Mariners. But altogether that doesn't even add up to a dozen games.

#10 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 08:11 PM

MLB.tv is great for me because living on the west coast I often can't tune in for the start of the games, but with them I can watch from the beginning without knowing the score (and zip through commercials). Can't do that with the other streams....you just have to pick up wherever the game is at that time. If you're either military/veteran or a student you can get it for like 1/3 off the regular price. I'm a vet and only paid like $99 for this season.

Only downside is the blackouts. I can't see any of the games on AppleTV+ or Peacock, plus any games against the Mariners. But altogether that doesn't even add up to a dozen games.

Maybe it's just worth it then.

#11 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 08:11 PM

I have MLB.TV, but I've heard that Drogon.tv is good, and I think it's only $10/month

I'd never heard of drogon.tv. Definitely need to check it out.

#12 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 31 March 2024 - 09:26 AM

I'd never heard of drogon.tv. Definitely need to check it out.

I'm going to try it for the Ravens this year. Sunday Ticket is so pricey, so if I can find an alternative, I'm going that route. If you decide to try it, let me know how it works out. The reviews are all positive.

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#13 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,822 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 31 March 2024 - 12:03 PM

...and even when the Games are blacked out (other streaming, local or National games)....you can still run the Home or Away audio (radio)

Maybe it's just worth it then.

I've said this before, but guys are often hard to buy gifts for.  Years ago, I asked my parents for my MLB.TV sub for my birthday and they just renew it every year.  For years I did this with my Baseball America sub with my wife's family.

Everyone likes to get/give relevant gifts.  Make it a collective annual gift (multiple people, multiple days) if that makes more sense $$-wise.....but it hits my dad's CC every year and I just log on first thing in ST and it works....and I thank him for my Birthday gift....and I use use that gift every day for 6-7 months.

#14 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 31 March 2024 - 12:41 PM

...and even when the Games are blacked out (other streaming, local or National games)....you can still run the Home or Away audio (radio)

I've said this before, but guys are often hard to buy gifts for. Years ago, I asked my parents for my MLB.TV sub for my birthday and they just renew it every year. For years I did this with my Baseball America sub with my wife's family.

Everyone likes to get/give relevant gifts. Make it a collective annual gift (multiple people, multiple days) if that makes more sense $$-wise.....but it hits my dad's CC every year and I just log on first thing in ST and it works....and I thank him for my Birthday gift....and I use use that gift every day for 6-7 months.

The value is certainly there if you watch/listen daily. I'm on the go a lot too so getting it on my phone is nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=