66 replies to this topic

#61 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:19 PM

Michigan St isn’t very good. At least not yet. What a terrible performance down the stretch by Maryland. It was all self inflicted. Terrible shots and turnovers when they had every opportunity to take this game. They gave it away.

What odds would I have to give you to take a futures bet on Mich St. We know Izzo can work magic in March

#62 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:21 PM

Imagine SG watching so many college games like this and still claiming CBB is a better product than the NBA,. I mean if you like college more because of the atmosphere or something fine more power to you. Dont try to sell me its a better product

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#63 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,510 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:56 PM

KenPom likes Michigan State a lot more than their overall record would indicate. Top 20.

KenPom is wrong. Did you watch the game? MD gave it away.

Mich St will probably be worthy of that top 20 mark come March though, agree with 2035 there.

#64 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:57 PM

Imagine SG watching so many college games like this and still claiming CBB is a better product than the NBA,. I mean if you like college more because of the atmosphere or something fine more power to you. Dont try to sell me its a better product

I mean, yeah if you limit your experience to watching Maryland basketball, I might say the NBA is superior to that pile of mediocrity. 

• BaltBird 24 and mdrunning like this

#65 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,477 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 January 2024 - 08:05 PM

Since they honored Lefty today does anyone have an opinion on what happens with the program if Lenny doesnt die. Lefty was in his mid 50s when he was fired. Went on to have success at JMU and Georgia St. Never made a FF here. Does that change as we go into the late 80s and 90s. Was he still recruiting well? Obviously there is no way of knowing but just curious if anyone has an opinion

For as long as Lefty kept coaching, if he did that all at MD then Gary Williams is probably the winningest coach in Ohio State basketball history.

If Bias doesn't die, maybe Bobby Ross wins a national championship (shared) at Maryland instead of GA Tech?

#66 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 08:08 PM

Interesting. Bias's death had a lot to do with Ross leaving? I was too young to remember '86. Was the year I turned 7 but I remember nothing about Bias's death at the time.

#67 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,477 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 January 2024 - 08:15 PM

Interesting. Bias's death had a lot to do with Ross leaving? I was too young to remember '86. Was the year I turned 7 but I remember nothing about Bias's death at the time.

I think Ross always said he left because UM wouldn't invest what they promised in facilities, but I definitely remember after Bias died the school did all sorts of digging into the athletic department and found some academic issues in football that put him in a bad light, both within the school and public. Maybe he still goes without all that, but it sure didn't help.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=