499 replies to this topic

#461 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 10:23 AM

Not as much time as I use to for posts now that I'm a newlywed, but Lamar and the D did the dam thing. That's the post. :)

Congrats!
@BSLMikeRandall

#462 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 11:15 AM

I'm going to rewatch the game in a bit but what I loved about the win yesterday was the physical beat down that we laid down in the second half.  Houston doesn't have the Ravens overall talent level but they also were not prepared to get into a heavyweight fight. You could clearly see their body language by the 4th quarter was that of a team that didn't want to be there anymore.  It was a classic Ray Lewis era beating.  And I even think if Greg Roman was watching the game, he was pleased with that second half too.  They just pounded the Texans to the tune of 229 yards on the ground and averaged 5.5 per carry.  Houston's excellent run defense couldn't have seen that coming, especially when they went into halftime.  Lamar also started getting the ball out quicker on passes and took what they were giving him, unlike the 1st half where it looked like he was tight and trying to force the issue downfield.  I'll say one thing about this Ravens team- you have to be ready to go toe to toe for 4 quarters because they'll still be there at the end with the same ferocity and determination. 

• PrimeTime likes this

#463 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 January 2024 - 11:30 AM

The buzz around town today is insane. And I’m in North Bethesda. Can only imagine what the BMore area is like right now. I live for this.

#464 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 12:12 PM

The buzz around town today is insane. And I’m in North Bethesda. Can only imagine what the BMore area is like right now. I live for this.

There's a lot of Ravens buzz in Rockville?

#465 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 21 January 2024 - 12:19 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like Lamar really rides Ronnie Stanley?
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#466 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 21 January 2024 - 12:20 PM

I'm going to rewatch the game in a bit but what I loved about the win yesterday was the physical beat down that we laid down in the second half. Houston doesn't have the Ravens overall talent level but they also were not prepared to get into a heavyweight fight. You could clearly see their body language by the 4th quarter was that of a team that didn't want to be there anymore. It was a classic Ray Lewis era beating. And I even think if Greg Roman was watching the game, he was pleased with that second half too. They just pounded the Texans to the tune of 229 yards on the ground and averaged 5.5 per carry. Houston's excellent run defense couldn't have seen that coming, especially when they went into halftime. Lamar also started getting the ball out quicker on passes and took what they were giving him, unlike the 1st half where it looked like he was tight and trying to force the issue downfield. I'll say one thing about this Ravens team- you have to be ready to go toe to toe for 4 quarters because they'll still be there at the end with the same ferocity and determination.

Excellent post.

One of the things I noticed last night and it stood out during the re-watch....the guys all know how much this means to Lamar and seem to want it for him as much as they want it for themselves.
  • jamesdean likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#467 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 12:29 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like Lamar really rides Ronnie Stanley?

He definitely does sometimes. This one was great though. The tunnel TD too, kept his guy just busy enough.

https://twitter.com/...093130480005220

#468 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 12:30 PM

Watching Ronnie Stanley getting out and blocking downfield like a bulldozer in the second half reminded me of the old Ronnie Stanley. Don't feel like we've seen as much of that since his injury.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#469 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 01:10 PM

Not as much time as I use to for posts now that I'm a newlywed, but Lamar and the D did the dam thing. That's the post. :)

Congratulations Ken
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#470 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 01:21 PM

Thanks brother. we've been together for 22 years happily unmarried, then the U.S healthcare sytem stepped in  :mrgreen:

If you've been together 22 years and still love each other, you're one of the lucky ones. Wish nothing but the best for both of you going forward. Now let's see if the Ravens can get you a nice wedding present by winning 2 more games.

#471 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:45 PM

Great day at the Stadium yesterday. It was cold and the first half was nerve wracking, when the Ravens blitzed down the field to start the second half it seemed clear that they were going to a level the Texans could not match. The defense was magnificent the entire game, and Lamar is the best player in the NFL. The Ravens are the best team in football and I think they are going to prove it.

I felt like there were two pivot points in the game where the Ravens were set up to take control and Houston would start to freeze up. First was in the first half, with possession and 1st down about 6:30ish left, up 10-3. Sitting there wondering when the feeling would come back in my toes, I also thought, if the Ravens drive and score a TD here, Houston will start to fold. Instead they went backwards, and the punt went the other way for 6. That whole exchange concerned me greatly. :)

Second was the opening drive of the second half. Coming on the heels of Houston missing a FG to take the lead in to the half, again had that "we drive and score a TD here, they'll start to check out". Fortunately that time the Ravens did, and the defense helped start the fold on the next drive.

#472 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:59 PM

One thing I'll say about the Texans is that this is that both games this year, Lamar had to dink and donk his way to to first downs. He had almost no downfield passing opportunities in either game. After the first game I was thinking it was rust or taking it easy against a team that wasnt expected to be good. But they made the playoffs and the defense forced him into this playstyle 2 games in a row. Last game he didn't really use his legs to force the issue. This game he clearly made an adjustment and started running like it was a playoff game when nothing was open for him.

If Houston can grab a solid DT they are going to be a menace.

#473 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 21 January 2024 - 04:56 PM

👍👍👍
  • bmore_ken likes this

#474 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 January 2024 - 06:03 PM

I think this is the fourth or fifth time I wake up the next day after a game with no voice. The place was rocking and we generated at least four false starts. 

I was never cold. I may have even overdressed somewhat. Next weekend looks to be much warmer. Seeing temps near 50 and sunny. That’s hoodie weather. 

I am old, so I was cold, but I would have sat there to midnight for that result.  I have a headache and no voice, but it was all worth it.   The best part of this morning is when I checked my seat geek account and there were our AFC championship tickets.  It was a beautiful sight to see.

@mikeghg

#475 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 January 2024 - 06:05 PM

He definitely does sometimes. This one was great though. The tunnel TD too, kept his guy just busy enough.

https://twitter.com/...093130480005220

Somewhere Bo Jackson was smiling.

@mikeghg

#476 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 08:17 PM

Sometimes you have to do something unexpectedly. Just didn't work out for them.

Worked for a half. Part of me wonders if they would have came out at halftime and played their normal style defense, if it may have had a different outcome. They stuck with their initial gameplan, and Monken outcoached them in the 2nd.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#477 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 08:22 PM

I also have to imagine that wasn't a single teams thought process. I imagine the general consensus is that if you blitz Lamar, that's how you beat him. Maybe his success against it in Houston deters KC or BUF from using the same gameplan.

If I'm Monken, I'm preparing for blitz heavy schemes and adjusting from there. If it's Buffalo, I feel like they always come on with some weird, unique scheme that confuses Lamar. Fortunately to this point, we've always been able to do the same to Allen. I'm sure both defenses going against similar style QB's helps both come in more prepared.

I have no preference on who I'd rather face next week. Both are great, tough teams. But part of me does want to see Roquan or Hamilton line up Allen and drop his crybaby ass.

#478 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 08:26 PM

I think Buffalo and KC are equal opponents for the Ravens next week. If either one of them can come here and beat us they are gonna have to earn it. I think the Ravens beat either of them next week.

#479 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 08:37 PM

I think Buffalo and KC are equal opponents for the Ravens next week. If either one of them can come here and beat us they are gonna have to earn it. I think the Ravens beat either of them next week.

I feel the same. But also think either could come in and end our season as well. But there is no easy walk to the Superbowl. If you want a trophy, you're going to have to beat the best teams.
  • cprenegade and 85Knight like this

#480 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, no matter who wins this game, they are capable of winning that one game in Baltimore to go to the SB.  But it won't be easy.  This game is a big time emotion and energy spender.   

• 85Knight likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=