#2 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 15 January 2024 - 11:45 AM

Just so we're clear, nobody thought to launch an article about the launch of the DR Facility that included a picture of the DR Facility.

We were able to find a stock photo of Mike Elias. 

#3 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 15 January 2024 - 11:50 AM

In order for the Orioles to come out clean on the other side of their teardown and rebuild, they had to create a presence in the international market. Spend money in it. Find the right people with solid reputations and name and face recognition instead of being invisible.

Let's continue to tie 2 utterly unrelated things together as if there's some merit to it.

#4 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 January 2024 - 01:48 PM

"It costs 293 Dominican Pesos an hour to hire a photographer to take photos of the new facility! So you either get photos of a building on an island, or you get real announcers for games instead of ChatGPT. I'm not made of money here."

- probably MASN President John P. Angelos

• Mike in STL likes this

#5 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 15 January 2024 - 04:42 PM

"It costs 293 Dominican Pesos an hour to hire a photographer to take photos of the new facility! So you either get photos of a building on an island, or you get real announcers for games instead of ChatGPT. I'm not made of money here."

- probably MASN President John P. Angelos

Joking aside, I think the little things are annoying. The (quality of the) Facility is good and long overdue.  A couple years ago, when they started this effort, they used an excellent virtual model, they built the entire thing virtually (down to decorating side tables in different location), that's excellent.  They had a groundbreaking ceremony and invited a number of former players (some got mocked here) to participate, that's excellent too.  As several have noted in different locations, I think there's a marked improvement in the online content/engagement.  That feels like someone new whether that's Cal Perry's work/leadership or someone is just better at their job.  Cool.

....but this trip down to launch this Facility isn't a surprise.  THIS article should have been written weeks (a month?) ago, waiting to launch today. Nobody in the Organization or MASN is surprised by this, right?  They didn't come to Roch this morning and are are like..."hey Roch, by the way, Mike and Koby are headed to the DR later this morning to 'open' the DR Facility and uh...can you put something out in the next 25 minutes?"

A couple seeks ago, Roch spent several paragraphs explain that we weren't going to sign Domingo German.  WTH.  Was that something that needed to be announced?

Use a picture from the Ground Breaking Ceremony, juxta-pose a picture from the virtual build to the same angle actual build today.

How about a title like "From Vision to Ground-breaking to the Finish Line, but they are just getting started."

I know it's a joke, but we don't need a DR photographer to take/share a picture....nobody from the Orioles Organization is down there with a cell phone?

Are there really no pictures of the new Facility for this entry? I mean, the format for these entries doesn't start with a default picture of Mike Elias, right?  You have to go somewhere and copy the picture to paste into the blog format, right?  I'm writing an article on the DR facility, but hmmmm, maybe I should use a picture of Mike Elias.

#6 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,671 posts

Posted 15 January 2024 - 04:50 PM

I mean, I don't think it's that big of a deal that they don't have any pictures of the facility. I'm just glad they finally have something significant in the DR.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#7 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 15 January 2024 - 05:15 PM

A couple years ago, they shared the vision for the Facility with THIS

#8 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 08:07 AM

A day late

https://twitter.com/...243337864839319

#9 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,671 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 01:02 PM

Dude spoke and the Orioles listened....

https://twitter.com/...v4Wy4z0j5Q&s=19
  • BSLMikeLowe likes this

#10 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 01:08 PM

The man got his pics. What reason they meant so much to him God knows but he got em.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#11 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 05:30 PM

The man got his pics. Whatever reason they meant so much to him God knows but he got em.

A picture is worth one of Dude’s posts.
  • BaltBird 24 and BSLSteveBirrer like this

#12 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 16 January 2024 - 07:24 PM

Dude spoke and the Orioles listened....

https://twitter.com/...v4Wy4z0j5Q&s=19

I'm hopeful that at least one person, somewhere in there, didn't have their head in their ass.  

We aren't doing ordinary differential equations here.

#13 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 16 January 2024 - 07:25 PM

A picture is worth one of Dude’s posts.

Quick question, if we trade for Corbin Burnes, what picture do you think we should use for the first article?

#14 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 16 January 2024 - 07:27 PM

Sorry, in case you needed some help, we'll do multiple choice

A) Stock photo of Mike Elias

B) No picture

C) Corbin Burnes

D) Random picture of Camden Yards

#15 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 08:04 PM

Just so we're clear, nobody thought to launch an article about the launch of the DR Facility that included a picture of the DR Facility.

We were able to find a stock photo of Mike Elias.

The article, if you read it, said it officially opens with a ceremony at 10am Tuesday. Maybe at 4:03am Monday Roch, not in the DR, didn’t have a picture of the facility. Maybe was told not to leak pictures before the ceremony, which the Orioles happily did after the ceremony. Not a ridiculous request. Don’t get hung up getting mad at the wrong things. They do plenty that are worthy of criticism. This, not one of them.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#16 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 08:36 PM

Quick question, if we trade for Corbin Burnes, what picture do you think we should use for the first article?

The Dormitories at the Dominican Complex?

#17 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 08:40 PM

Sorry, in case you needed some help, we'll do multiple choice

A) Stock photo of Mike Elias
B) No picture
C) Corbin Burnes
D) Random picture of Camden Yards

E) None of the above

https://www.google.c...9-lSIbM&vssid=l

#18 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 08:45 PM

https://www.google.c...4Z5Pg3M&vssid=l
  • dude likes this

#19 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 17 January 2024 - 09:18 PM

Here's an article on the launch of the Brewers new DR Facility near Santa Domingo. HERE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=