#81 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 January 2024 - 06:39 PM

What was going on between Reese and a non-player from the Illinois side during the handshake line?

One of Illinois’ assistant coaches (Tim Anderson) refused to shake Reese’s hand. Julian didn’t like that, said something, and Anderson started cursing him out. Things escalated from there.
  • 1970 likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#82 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 740 posts

Posted 14 January 2024 - 07:37 PM

One of Illinois’ assistant coaches (Tim Anderson) refused to shake Reese’s hand. Julian didn’t like that, said something, and Anderson started cursing him out. Things escalated from there.

Thanks, can’t blame for Reese being upset.

#83 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 January 2024 - 11:26 PM

That’s Maryland’s first road win over a Top 10 team since they beat Wisconsin in December, 2020.

Should also mention that this was Maryland’s first road win over a Top 10 team *with fans in attendance* since they beat North Carolina in January, 2008. The COVID year was strange, and negated a lot of “home-court” advantages.
  • glenn__davis and Mike B like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#84 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 15 January 2024 - 08:02 AM

Keep it going into NW

Yeah, that's the key right?  Is this the team we thought we were going to see at the start of the season starting to take shape, or was this just a one-off where everything went well?  They should be able to win against NW if they play like they did today.

• BobPhelan likes this

#85 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 January 2024 - 02:35 PM

Should also mention that this was Maryland’s first road win over a Top 10 team *with fans in attendance* since they beat North Carolina in January, 2008. The COVID year was strange, and negated a lot of “home-court” advantages.

I knew it had been a long time, but 16 years, damn.

@mikeghg

#86 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,281 posts

Posted 15 January 2024 - 02:36 PM

Was that when UNC was #1? Feels like it was. I feel like I remember Osby having a big block or big game

#87 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 January 2024 - 02:50 PM

Was that when UNC was #1? Feels like it was. I feel like I remember Osby having a big block or big game

I think you are right.  I think Osby scored on a putback and Maryland held on and won by 2.  I am pretty sure NC was #1

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=