32 replies to this topic

#21 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,938 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 09:45 PM

Lamothe was a 3-star, barely top 100 guy coming in. Those guys are always a toss up early on. About as disappointing as Cornish never being able to crack the playing rotation.

Harris-Smith has been OK, but mostly because he's been forced into starter minutes. He's been very underwhelming for such a high recruit.

Kaiser has been an absolute non-factor most of the season. Dude was billed as a shooter and he's 0-6, including 0-5 from the 3 against Coppin State?

#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 December 2023 - 09:49 PM

You’re playing Coppin. You should be able to contribute.

#23 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,938 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 09:51 PM

I'm not disagreeing. Coppin is literally one of the worst, if not the worst, team in college basketball. Kaiser and Lamothe were total duds. Harris-Smith was marginally better, but 2 of 8 from the floor against Coppin?

Even Swanton-Rodger feasted.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#24 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,542 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 10:34 PM

You’re playing Coppin. You should be able to contribute.

Willard cant develop. Kinda obvious

#25 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,938 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 11:27 PM

Reese improved.

The rest were mostly finished products or duds.

Still a little early for this year freshman class.

#26 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,542 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 11:32 PM

Reese was a top 25 prospect. A lot harder to miss completely with them. Besides, you could argue Reese could/should be better.

#27 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,938 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 12:34 AM

Harris-Smith wasn't far behind at #27.

It's certainly discouraging to see how much Kaiser has struggled.

Don't think as much was expected from Lamothe day one.

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,430 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 08:36 AM

Lamothe was a 3-star, barely top 100 guy coming in. Those guys are always a toss up early on. About as disappointing as Cornish never being able to crack the playing rotation.

Harris-Smith has been OK, but mostly because he's been forced into starter minutes. He's been very underwhelming for such a high recruit.

Kaiser has been an absolute non-factor most of the season. Dude was billed as a shooter and he's 0-6, including 0-5 from the 3 against Coppin State?

Kaiser was off last night and really rough to begin the season... but he has had numerous good games. Well at least moments. Overall numbers are rough. I like him to be a good college player.

Lamothe was more a 150 guy. Best player in the MIAA. Good moments in some All Star games.
Will see how he develops. If I could ask Willard a question there, it would be how does the defense / effort look in practice?

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2023 - 10:24 AM

It takes more than 13 games to develop a player.

@mikeghg

#30 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2023 - 10:33 AM

Last night was a glorified scrimmage in a building that was pretty empty.  I don't go in for the negative stuff that we see everywhere.

I think Reese played like he was 6' 10" last night.  That was good to see.

DHS played very hard.  He did not shoot the ball well but he handled the ball well, helped on the boards, and played defense.  He is starting to settle in.

Scott was good again.  He seemed content to let the others score, but had some nice moments.

Long got a lot of time and did well.  It would be a big plus if he can drop one or two threes a game.

CSR was really active, and had some nice finishes.  He is pretty athletic,if he can get a little stronger he could be a decent 10-15 minute a game guy.

Kaiser is thinking too much.  Hopefully he can relax.  The Terps need him.

Traore is an interesting watch.  He is trying to do everything at the speed of light.  He had a base line drive that had he slowed just a second he would have scored.  He went in out of control.  He seems a legit 6' 10".  He is slight, but his size could help if he can slow down.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#31 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 11:08 AM

This was a big opportunity missed for him tonight. Got some decent run, but made absolutely no impact. Can’t see him cracking the rotation this year, barring an injury or foul trouble.

yes, Lamothe played tentatively on O, looking to pass all the time.  He played scared, afraid to make a mistake or shoot early in the set.

• Mike B likes this

#32 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2023 - 12:35 PM

yes, Lamothe played tentatively on O, looking to pass all the time.  He played scared, afraid to make a mistake or shoot early in the set.

I think Kaiser is playing the same way.  I don't think it is scared it is thinking too much.  

@mikeghg

#33 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,679 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 December 2023 - 11:15 AM

I think Purdue is gonna stomp us

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."