383 replies to this topic

#341 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 25 December 2023 - 11:46 PM

Not surprised the Ravens won, but I am a bit surprised with how thoroughly they did so. That first interception down near the goal line seemed to set the tone.

I thought one of the keys tonight was the Ravens' pre-snap motion on offense. Caused a lot of hesitation on San Francisco's defense, particularly among their linebackers.

#342 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 25 December 2023 - 11:52 PM

Not surprised the Ravens won, but I am a bit surprised with how thoroughly they did so. That first interception down near the goal line seemed to set the tone.

I thought one of the keys tonight was the Ravens' pre-snap motion on offense. Caused a lot of hesitation on San Francisco's defense, particularly among their linebackers.

They tried the Russell Wilson defense. Looked like they were mush rushing a lot. They really thought Lamar couldn't read a defense and make good throws.
  • mdrunning likes this

#343 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 26 December 2023 - 12:10 AM

They tried the Russell Wilson defense. Looked like they were mush rushing a lot. They really thought Lamar couldn't read a defense and make good throws.

I didn't think their defense played that bad but when you give up a million short fields there's not much you can do.

#344 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 12:10 AM

Hamilton staying on the field through the end of the game has to be a good sign, am I right?

#345 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 12:42 AM

Did the Ravens' defense catch more passes today than Kansas City's receivers?

#346 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 04:19 AM

What a statement. Hope Kyle is okay.

He's such a difference maker but it would be a miracle if he plays next week. He has defied the odds before but he could really use some time off. Winning without him should be the talk of the week, once again. It's gonna be a really tough call this time.

That being said he'll probably play this week so let's get this win and get guys rested for the playoffs.

#347 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 06:29 AM

Did the Ravens' defense catch more passes today than Kansas City's receivers?

They certainly caught more than the Raiders' receivers did in their last three quarters.

#348 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 December 2023 - 08:23 AM

Hamilton staying on the field through the end of the game has to be a good sign, am I right?

Do you try and play him Sunday if he's able, or give him the rest and likely a full month off with the bye?

#349 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,084 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 08:28 AM

Do you try and play him Sunday if he's able, or give him the rest and likely a full month off with the bye?

I play him if he's able to go, though I'd have a higher threshold for what "able" looks like than I would have after the initial injury a few weeks ago, since we've now seen him re-aggravate it.

#350 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,683 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 09:28 AM

Great win. I didn't expect to win the game but always hopeful. Never expected to beat them down like that.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#351 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 26 December 2023 - 09:34 AM

Incredibly tough call because Sunday vs the Dolphins is the season in many ways. No Hamilton opens things up for Miami's passing game; albeit Waddle may not be able to go. However, if you beat the Dolphins, week 18 doesn't matter and you're off wild card weekend.

Perhaps you can walk the line of using Hamilton for like 20-25 snaps and find a way to win. Then he gets at least 19 days off to heal.

Ideally, Hamilton sits and we win anyway but I feel like we'd be in big trouble without 14 vs that Miami offensive attack.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#352 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,683 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 10:13 AM

This time last year I was certain Lamar was finished as a Raven. Then we had all that offseason drama with his contract, trade request, and no other team ever showed interest. Now he's the MVP frontrunner and the Ravens are the #1 team in the NFL. Wow. Sometimes things actually do work out.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#353 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,652 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 December 2023 - 10:51 AM

What a great Christmas present from the Ravens.  I think FLorio was confused.  I think what he meant to say, was that the Ravens were going to kick the S**T out of the 49ers.

I hope Hamilton is okay, because the kid is just a great football player.

And speaking of football players Lamar Jackson is the best one in the NFL.

Enjoy the win and lets go get the #1 seed next week.  Someone please tell the Ravens they can not win.

As Gene Hackman might say "Miles and Miles" of heart.

• DuffMan, PrimeTime and russsnyder like this
@mikeghg

#354 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 10:54 AM

Lamar will need to be turnover free, and the D needs to have the + on turnovers.  The Raven's need to play error free (no stupid penalties or turnovers) and if they do, they will win - easily. 

Lamar and the Raven's D did exactly that, for the easy W.  The Fins game is going to be more of a challenge.  

#355 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 10:55 AM

Lamar has obviously been playing lights out and he came across as a man on a mission (i.e. getting to and winning the Super Bowl) in his post game interview with Lisa Salters. I think his performance is even more incredible when you consider that He's Playing behind a platoon at Left Tackle and with a depleted running back corps.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#356 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 10:58 AM

What a great Christmas present from the Ravens. I think FLorio was confused. I think what he meant to say, was that the Ravens were going to kick the S**T out of the 49ers.
I hope Hamilton is okay, because the kid is just a great football player.

And speaking of football players Lamar Jackson is the best one in the NFL.

Enjoy the win and lets go get the #1 seed next week. Someone please tell the Ravens they can not win.

As Gene Hackman might say "Miles and Miles" of heart.

Great post.

I think the comment about the team's heart needed to be said. The team's heart was rightly questioned by some earlier in the season. Seems like a long time ago.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#357 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 12:12 PM

DVR'd the game last night and looking forward to watching it this afternoon.  For once, I didn't even look at any stats or read back through the game thread.  I want to enjoy this one in as close to real time as possible. 

#358 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 01:06 PM

It's mind-blowing to me that Shanahan actually had Darnold drop back to pass on 3rd and goal from the Ravens 1 yard line there at the end.  McCaffrey was on the field too, not hurt or anything.  So many of these coaches are too smart for their own good.  It was a truly Harbaughian decision...

• PrimeTime likes this

#359 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 01:15 PM

It's mind-blowing to me that Shanahan actually had Darnold drop back to pass on 3rd and goal from the Ravens 1 yard line there at the end.  McCaffrey was on the field too, not hurt or anything.  So many of these coaches are too smart for their own good.  It was a truly Harbaughian decision...

I think the bigger surprise was that they had 5 seconds before the two minute warning. Why not call a time out and get one more play before the 2 minute when you're first and goal and two touchdowns back?

#360 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 01:15 PM

Probably you should trust McCaffrey, he's your real MVP candidate after all, but at the same time they were using their last couple linemen, didn't exactly blow us off the ball on 2nd down, and failing costs you a timeout or a bunch of clock, both of which are crucial at that point. Obviously sack is the worst case scenario but an incomplete on 3rd still gives you a chance to run on 4th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=