10/5 @ Florida State
10/12 vs. UVA
10/19 @ Wake Forest
10/26 vs. Clemson
11/9 vs. Syracuse
11/16 @ Virginia Tech
11/23 vs. Boston College
11/30 @ NCST

There does not seem to be the cupcakes early. Challenging schedule but with a little more experience and a good recruiting class maybe good things start to happen.
@mikeghg

#23 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Obviously no FCS teams on the schedule now that Old Dominion is joining the FBS. It's going to be a tough schedule, but last year's schedule was tough as well and they were on their way to a bowl game with a backup QB until all the other injuries happened. A lot of this year's success is going to hinge on the QB, O-Line, and Defense. If C.J. Brown can do a serviceable job at QB, and the O-Line can create a solid running attack the offense should be fine.

The defense is losing a lot of key players in the Front 7, and a lot of their success is going to hinge on the freshman linebackers (Ngakoue, Walker, Carter, etc.).
@BSLZackKiesel

#24 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Ok, a few quick-hitting notes from Edsall's meet with the media yesterday:

1. DB Matt Robinson will be moving from strong safety to outside. linebacker. He would presumably take over the strongside linebacker position (where Kenneth Tate moved to 2 years ago from safety). Anthony Nixon will take over at free safety, and Sean Davis and A.J. Hendy will man strong safety.

2. The offensive line entering spring camp will look like this (L to R): Madaras-Arnett-Conaboy/Mulrooney-Zeller-Klemm. I got the sense that they don't want to move Madaras this season, so incoming 4-star freshman OT Derwin Gray will compete with Klemm for the RT job.

3. LB Alex Twine (who played some inside linebacker last season) will move back to outside linebacker this season.

4. LB Shawn Petty (who played some quarterback last season) will move back to inside linebacker this season.

5. Edsall wants to redshirt QB Perry Hills or QB Caleb Rowe this season.

6. QB Ricardo Young will not be allowed to get hit in spring camp.

7. QB C.J. Brown is ahead of schedule, and will be able to participate in some individual drills this spring. He may even get into some 7-on-7 drills.

8. RB Wes Brown is out for the spring, along with LB Cole Farrand, WR Levern Jacobs, WR Marcus Leak, and QBs Perry Hills and Caleb Rowe.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#25 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Check out the Terps' 2013 projected depth chart here: http://baltimorespor... ... pth-chart/
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#26 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

It might be tough by MD and ACC standards, but this isn't exactly murderers row week-in/out. No reason we shouldn't expect a lower-tiered bowl game at minimum.
@levineps

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

WNST: Talking Terps Football with Randy Edsall
http://bit.ly/13lakWX

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

WNST: Talking Terps Football with Randy Edsall
http://bit.ly/13lakWX

Edsall saying it will be a Big Ten opponent (instead of VaTech) that MD plays at M&T in 2014.

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

Testudo Times: Spring practice storylines: Maryland's revamped defense
http://www.testudoti...evamped-defense

#30 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Edsall saying it will be a Big Ten opponent (instead of VaTech) that MD plays at M&T in 2014.

I know I'm gonna be in the minority on this one, but I'm hoping this isn't going to be it's toughest opponent. If Michigan/Ohio State games are going to be routinely moved, it takes away home-field advantage and makes for a more sterile gameday experience. I completely understand the dollars and cents argument, just saying if Maryland wants to be taken seriously as a football school, moving marquee home games isn't the way to do it.
@levineps

#31 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

I know I'm gonna be in the minority on this one, but I'm hoping this isn't going to be it's toughest opponent. If Michigan/Ohio State games are going to be routinely moved, it takes away home-field advantage and makes for a more sterile gameday experience. I completely understand the dollars and cents argument, just saying if Maryland wants to be taken seriously as a football school, moving marquee home games isn't the way to do it.

It's hopefully just a one-time deal, simply to fulfill a commitment that was already made to the Ravens/MSA to play there in 2014. And I'd bet the rent the opponent will be PSU.

#32 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Thinking of upgrading my seats to the 200 level. So psyched to eventually see Big 10 football every week!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#33 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Thinking of upgrading my seats to the 200 level. So psyched to eventually see Big 10 football every week!

I'm hoping to be a student at UMD as of Fall 2013 (transfer student), so I should be in the endzone for all these games!
@BSLZackKiesel

#34 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

My Spring Practice Preview: http://baltimorespor... ... e-preview/
@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic