• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Going to go ahead and sticky this. Nice review Zack!

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Nice summation of the roster. Thought I'd add .02 on the 2013 schedule, such as it exists right now.

2013 Schedule (Non-Conference)

Aug. 31 Florida International
Sep. 7 Old Dominion
Sep. 14 @ Connecticut
Sep. 21 West Virginia (at M&T Bank Stadium)

2013 Schedule (ACC)

The ACC has not yet announced the annual schedule rotations for the 14-team conference. While some things had been decided for when Pitt and Syracuse join next season, the addition of Notre Dame with its new scheduling agreement (5 games vs ACC each season starting NLT 2015) shook those plans up. Here's what is known right now:

- The ACC has scrapped plans to go to a 9-game conference schedule and will stick with 8 games (hence the Terps' recent addition of FIU to the OOC schedule).
- Syracuse is still set to join the Atlantic Division, with Pitt in the Coastal.
- Assuming the divisional alignment is retained, 6 of the Terps' 8 ACC games next season would probably be:

Boston College
Clemson
@ FSU
@ NC State
@ Wake
Syracuse (my guess is that next year this would be at Byrd)

What would seem to be up in the air is whether the annual cross-divisional rivalry games will remain (UVA for the Terps). There are obvious reasons for the ACC to want to maintain those games....well, one obvious reason. Even though they have both underachieved, it's hard to imagine the ACC not wanting to have FSU and Miami play annually. However, keeping those games means that there is only 1 other game left each season for a cross-divisional opponent. That means the Terps would only play the other Coastal Division teams once every 6 years. I guess the other option would be to completely re-do the divisions, and given the fact that it's already been more than a month since the ACC announced they're sticking to an 8-game schedule with no further word since, they might be looking at doing just that. Stay tuned.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Thanks Mike, also good info. I feel bad for the remaining healthy players this year. Can not wait for them to be able to move on to 2013.

#5 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

I really feel bad for the seniors. It's a shame their college football days have to end like they have with these past two seasons.

#6 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Great summary of the roster and Mike, great job on the schedule. As I see it, there is potential for a bowl game next season, because overall, there is more talent remaining than leaving, and that is not to say the players leaving are not talented. This team is going to grow and become more mature, so I will predict 6 or 7 wins for this team, leaning toward 7. I really don't think another year of injuries will happen but hey, you never know.
@Langley486

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

I'm thinking 7 wins, and a lower-tier bowl.

#8 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

ESPN: Back to bowl: Maryland

http://espn.go.com/b...owling-maryland

There’s no question the Terps should be bowling again in 2013 with their No. 1 quarterback in the lineup.

@levineps

#9 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Deon Long and Derwin Gray are the key recruits for the 2013 season. Long should step into a very prominent role immediately, and Gray should be the starting LT, and I'd assume Madaras would move to RT. O-Line should be (L to R): Gray, Fulper, Conaboy, Zeller/Arnett, Madaras/Klemm/Doyle.
@BSLZackKiesel

#10 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

I hadn't heard anything recently about their incoming Freshman class for next year and went to Rivals to check it out. Looks like they got a new commitment just yesterday. Will Likely, a DB from Fla. Rivals rates him 4 stars.

http://rivals.yahoo....IfO.dGjrOBDPZB4

It also looks like they are still very much in play for Na'Ty Rodgers, who made an official visit on Dec 14.

* EDIT - Likely's Rivals page mentions he's graduating HS this month. Wonder if that means he intends to enroll at UM for the spring.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

I hadn't heard anything recently about their incoming Freshman class for next year and went to Rivals to check it out. Looks like they got a new commitment just yesterday. Will Likely, a DB from Fla. Rivals rates him 4 stars.

Jeff Ermann, from Inside MD Sports, tweeted out that with the most recent commitment, the Terps now have the 25th ranked class in the 247 rankings.

#12 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Andrew Isaacs, a 4-star TE will also play a big role this season with our 3 top TE's graduating (Furstenburg, Campbell, Schlothauer).
@BSLZackKiesel

#13 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

If they can get anything consistent from the QB position, and just some incremental improvement from a young offensive line, the offense has the potential to be very, very good next year. I saw where Deon Long has been named the top JuCo player for this year. Add him to Diggs, Leak and King at WR. Wes Brown, Ross, Reid at RB. Playmakers galore on this team.

The next 2 years are just huge for this program. I've said it before - if we have as potent an offense as I believe is capable in our first year in the B1G in those huge stadiums with our local players - no kid in the state is not going to want to be a part of that.

I've been in Edsall's corner from the beginning. 2013 is the time to start seeing results. If we don't, it's same old Maryland, and back to the drawing board.

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Outside of the Atlantic division, the Terps will face UVA, and VaTech from the Coastal Division.

#15 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Aug. 31 Florida International
Sep. 7 Old Dominion
Sep. 14 @ Connecticut
Sep. 21 West Virginia (at M&T Bank Stadium)
TBD Boston College
TBD Clemson
TBD Syracuse
TBD Virginia
TBD @ Florida State
TBD @ NC State
TBD @ Virginia Tech
TBD @ Wake Forest

#16 Ian Jett

Ian Jett
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

If the QB doesn't get hurt, they'll be competitive.. possibly play in a bowl game. That was their problem this year, if those QBs didn't get hurt they would have had a winning record.
@IanJett
on twitter:@bmoresportsguy

#17 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

If the QB doesn't get hurt, they'll be competitive.. possibly play in a bowl game. That was their problem this year, if those QBs didn't get hurt they would have had a winning record.

Well, the Terps will have a few more QBs than last year, so hopefully they can keep them all healthy. I'd expect C.J. Brown to start next year (hopefully he'll attain a medical redshirt to be eligible in 2014). Ricardo Young, Perry Hills, and Caleb Rowe will compete for a backup job, and Shane Cockerille will most likely be redshirted (unless he wows the coaches in camp).
@BSLZackKiesel

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Bad news...

Jakob Engelke from Inside MD Sports reports that DL Isaiah Ross has been suspended from athletics for one year for violating university policy. He'll remain in school and graduate.

Engelke also reports that OL Pete White has decided to no longer play football, but he'll also remain at the university and graduate.

White came to MD with such promise, never came close to realizing it. The D-line was already thin. Losing Ross just thins it out further.

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Bad news...

Jakob Engelke from Inside MD Sports reports that DL Isaiah Ross has been suspended from athletics for one year for violating university policy. He'll remain in school and graduate.

Engelke also reports that OL Pete White has decided to no longer play football, but he'll also remain at the university and graduate.

White came to MD with such promise, never came close to realizing it. The D-line was already thin. Losing Ross just thins it out further.

http://www.baltimore... ... 3179.story

#20 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Oh man, that's rough. Looks like Kingsley Opara will be the backup defensive tackle along with Nate Clarke. White was just going to be a backup anyway, even if he did have raw talent.
@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=