689 replies to this topic

#681 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 11 December 2023 - 06:59 PM

If you happen to have NFL+ you can watch the replay.  At the 2:00:55 mark the replay shows the head ref announcing the "rule" that it couldn't be challenged. and the feed cuts to a close up of Harbs talking to someone in his headset.  You can read his lips, but it is pretty clear as day he says "I fudged that up".  Straight from his own mouth.  So the post-game lie was just him saving face, instead of admitting a mistake.  Just like the strange manner in which they closed the first half final possession, then quickly called a TO before the FG to save the Rams some clock.  Granted, the risk of them trying anything significant is small... but WHY???

Which is the truth, he effed that up. Emotional, super fan, hype man John Harbaugh doesn't manage to stay focused on the rules, the clock, the score, timeouts, the important little details that can swing a one possession game in the final seconds, etc. He wasn't paying any attention to his timeouts, and how having all 3 might help give them another chance in the event that last drive stalled before the endzone.  Nope, he was desperate and let his emotions take over, decided to hail mary the red flag against all reasonable hope.

Now say Lamar doesn't connect with Flowers with 1:16 left. They run another play and come up short, the Rams have the ball back with about 1:10 left in the game. Now, with 3 TOs left, a 3 and punt could give the Ravens one more shot in solid field position with about 45 seconds left.  With only 2 TOs left, a 3 and punt could give the Ravens one more shot in solid sitld position... with about 5 seconds left.

• mdrunning and SonicAttack like this

#682 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 11 December 2023 - 07:08 PM

LOL

#683 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 11 December 2023 - 07:17 PM

If you happen to have NFL+ you can watch the replay.  At the 2:00:55 mark the replay shows the head ref announcing the "rule" that it couldn't be challenged. and the feed cuts to a close up of Harbs talking to someone in his headset.  You can read his lips, but it is pretty clear as day he says "I fudged that up".  Straight from his own mouth.  So the post-game lie was just him saving face, instead of admitting a mistake.  Just like the strange manner in which they closed the first half final possession, then quickly called a TO before the FG to save the Rams some clock.  Granted, the risk of them trying anything significant is small... but WHY???

Which is the truth, he effed that up. Emotional, super fan, hype man John Harbaugh doesn't manage to stay focused on the rules, the clock, the score, timeouts, the important little details that can swing a one possession game in the final seconds, etc. He wasn't paying any attention to his timeouts, and how having all 3 might help give them another chance in the event that last drive stalled before the endzone.  Nope, he was desperate and let his emotions take over, decided to hail mary the red flag against all reasonable hope.

Now say Lamar doesn't connect with Flowers with 1:16 left. They run another play and come up short, the Rams have the ball back with about 1:10 left in the game. Now, with 3 TOs left, a 3 and punt could give the Ravens one more shot in solid field position with about 45 seconds left.  With only 2 TOs left, a 3 and punt could give the Ravens one more shot in solid sitld position... with about 5 seconds left.

All good points.

#684 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 12 December 2023 - 10:34 AM

If you happen to have NFL+ you can watch the replay. At the 2:00:55 mark the replay shows the head ref announcing the "rule" that it couldn't be challenged. and the feed cuts to a close up of Harbs talking to someone in his headset. You can read his lips, but it is pretty clear as day he says "I fudged that up". Straight from his own mouth. So the post-game lie was just him saving face, instead of admitting a mistake. Just like the strange manner in which they closed the first half final possession, then quickly called a TO before the FG to save the Rams some clock. Granted, the risk of them trying anything significant is small... but WHY???

Which is the truth, he effed that up. Emotional, super fan, hype man John Harbaugh doesn't manage to stay focused on the rules, the clock, the score, timeouts, the important little details that can swing a one possession game in the final seconds, etc. He wasn't paying any attention to his timeouts, and how having all 3 might help give them another chance in the event that last drive stalled before the endzone. Nope, he was desperate and let his emotions take over, decided to hail mary the red flag against all reasonable hope.

Now say Lamar doesn't connect with Flowers with 1:16 left. They run another play and come up short, the Rams have the ball back with about 1:10 left in the game. Now, with 3 TOs left, a 3 and punt could give the Ravens one more shot in solid field position with about 45 seconds left. With only 2 TOs left, a 3 and punt could give the Ravens one more shot in solid sitld position... with about 5 seconds left.

Jeremy Conn was all over the first part all morning yesterday. You can clearly see him say "I F'd that up." It's frustrating, Harbaugh either has too much ego, or truly thinks the average fan is too dumb to understand what happened. Just admit you messed up. You threw the challenge flag, either out of stupidity, or because your emotions got the best of you. There is no intelligent reason for throwing that flag in that moment.

I can respect a man saying "You know what, I got caught up in the moment and did something stupid.". I can't respect some BS excuse trying to save face, because of your ego. Own it, and move on.
  • Ravens2006 and SonicAttack like this

#685 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 12 December 2023 - 01:50 PM

Haven't seen it talked about too much, but whoever designed the game plan to handle Aaron Donald did a great job.  

#686 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 12 December 2023 - 02:35 PM

Haven't seen it talked about too much, but whoever designed the game plan to handle Aaron Donald did a great job.  

As bad as the officiating has been, I will say that they let the Ravens OL hold Donald for the most part.  He was being doubled and tripled teamed and some of the replays were almost funny the way they were hugging and dancing him out of harm's way.  Even then, he still made plays and broke the pocket down several times.  Still a force to reckoned with at 32. 

#687 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 12 December 2023 - 04:15 PM

As bad as the officiating has been, I will say that they let the Ravens OL hold Donald for the most part.  He was being doubled and tripled teamed and some of the replays were almost funny the way they were hugging and dancing him out of harm's way.  Even then, he still made plays and broke the pocket down several times.  Still a force to reckoned with at 32. 

Did that crew call an offensive line holding at all the whole game? I don't recall it but not sure. I do remember thinking in the 4th quarter at some point after watching a Ravens DL basically get bear hugged with no flag... "Refs don't want to call O holding today".

#688 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 12 December 2023 - 06:12 PM

Did that crew call an offensive line holding at all the whole game? I don't recall it but not sure. I do remember thinking in the 4th quarter at some point after watching a Ravens DL basically get bear hugged with no flag... "Refs don't want to call O holding today".

I vaguely remember one or two but I may be wrong.  There were 12 flags thrown between the two teams, so I would imagine a holding call was in there somewhere. 

#689 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 December 2023 - 11:22 AM

I do not think so.  

@mikeghg

#690 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 12:08 PM

I do not think so.  

For today's officiating, that would be nothing short of a miracle.  You may be right, though.  I can't think of any off the top of my head.  They were holding Donald all day but for whatever reason, the refs decided to let it go.  I wish it would be more like that every week.  Let the players play unless it's so blatantly obvious you have no choice but to throw a flag.  These PI calls are really getting out of hand, and most are unnecessary.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=