444 replies to this topic

#401 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 04:40 PM

I'm convinced Lamar will never win a title, though.

#402 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,437 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 04:41 PM

Again, on paper this team is one of the elite teams. I expect that to stay that way on paper for the rest of the reg season. But we all know. We all know how soft they are.

#403 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 04:43 PM

They're the same team that choked against Pitt. That game revealed their identity. Nothing has changed.

#404 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 04:44 PM

DeShaun Watson totally shit on them in the 2nd half. And they couldn't stop the run all day. Cleveland dominated our defense all day.

#405 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,437 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 04:44 PM

I'm convinced Lamar will never win a title, though.

There is a path but its a narrow path. Clutch gene may be overrated or in a lot of cases narrative. Its not completely a narrative and its because he makes too many mistakes in general. So of course in tight and close games those things will also pop up then. Now, there is a path where he can play well and not turn the ball over and we win 4 playoff games in a row. Its just unlikely

#406 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 04:47 PM

Lamar's inability to not take a costly sack, fumble, or throw a pick will always haunt him. Sack or fumble way more likely than a pick, though. Granted he can make it to the postseason considering his injury history.
  • 85Knight likes this

#407 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 04:53 PM

Lamar's inability to not take a costly sack, fumble, or throw a pick will always haunt him. Sack or fumble way more likely than a pick, though. Granted he can make it to the postseason considering his injury history.

He reminds me of Tony Romo.

Transcendent natural ability. Chokes at the worst possible time.

#408 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 04:58 PM

There was also a Lamar INT that was negated by a holding penalty. After that Gus punched it in, otherwise the Ravens choke without it even coming down to the wire.
@BSLMikeRandall

#409 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,437 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:01 PM

I dont know how much home win % has dropped of late around the league but I know the homefield adv BMore used to hold for so long is now gone. Like its night and day the difference going back 10 years or so

#410 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:02 PM

Maybe the short week will turn out to be a blessing. Very little time to dwell on this loss before Thursday.

#411 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:04 PM

I have to wait and see what Cincinnati does this Thursday.  If Burrow comes in here and shreds the defense, then I will have no problem saying the defensive numbers were mostly a fraud perpetrated by playing bad QBs for the most part.

I don't think Watson is a great QB by any means, but man did he shred the Ravens when he needed to.  And how do you give up over 100 yards to Jerome Ford and a patchwork offensive line?  

And you lose a game at home where the opposing team gave you a gift pick 6 on the very first series of the game, muffed a punt that gave the Ravens a turnover deep in Brown territory, then not once but twice the Browns were hit with penalties to keep a drive alive when they seemed to hold the Ravens to a FG,  and missed an XP that would have tied the game.  That's just beyond belief.

If you take the Cleveland mistakes out of this game, they most likely come in here and win easily.  

Lamar was just very average today.  And how Keaton Mitchell finishes with only 3 touches is a head scratcher.  John Harbaugh said it wasn't planned that way it's just the way the game unfolded.  What about that game precluded giving more touches to perhaps he most explosive guy on your team?  I just can't wrap my head around it.  

#412 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:06 PM

I dont know how much home win % has dropped of late around the league but I know the homefield adv BMore used to hold for so long is now gone. Like its night and day the difference going back 10 years or so

Can't speak for the rest of the league, but this is the third time since 2007 that Cleveland has come in here and put up 33 points while the Ravens have scored at least 30. Two of the games went into OT, while the other was settled as time expired in regulation.

#413 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:06 PM

Mitchell was a non factor after the first drive or two. Barely saw the field at all. Why?

Lamar gonna get killed against Cincinnati if Moses and Stanley are out. Not that Stanley has been all that good since his injuries.

#414 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:07 PM

Maybe the short week will turn out to be a blessing. Very little time to dwell on this loss before Thursday.

Or we get punched in the mouth in our own home twice in 5 days. Pretty much what I'm expecting from a Harbaugh led team at this point. Not sure how someone could consistently be given so much talent over the last half of a decade, and not even threaten a Superbowl appearance once.

#415 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:09 PM

Mitchell was a non factor after the first drive or two. Barely saw the field at all. Why?

Lamar gonna get killed against Cincinnati if Moses and Stanley are out. Not that Stanley has been all that good since his injuries.

If Moses can get back, Mekari can fill in just fine at the other spot. Humphrey is a bigger worry. Ya-Sin is hot garbage. No respect for him after watching him stand by Moore and let him catch a TD, then not even attempt to tackle him.

#416 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:10 PM

If Moses can get back, Mekari can fill in just fine at the other spot. Humphrey is a bigger worry. Ya-Sin is hot garbage. No respect for him after watching him stand by Moore and let him catch a TD, then not even attempt to tackle him.

Honestly, I'd probably take Mekari over Stanley at this point. We're in trouble if we're counting on Faalele.

#417 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,437 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:17 PM

Moses practiced all last week but was held out. Presumably because Mekari was solid last week. The thought was he was being prepped for Thur. I expect Moses to play but prob not Stanley or Humphrey. Humphrey was a game time decision as it was today
  • B00E00N00 likes this

#418 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,437 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:24 PM

The fact that Mitchell didnt get more touches is telling. Maybe its fully on the coaches but it seems its a trust issue. Hill barely got any touches either. We still need a real RB. But thats not the tree to bark up after today

#419 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:28 PM

Browns 34:15
Ravens 25:45

It’s not often I don’t think the Ravens lose this battle, by nearly ten minutes at that.

Despite the Browns trailing so much all game, they ran a balanced attack with 40 dropbacks and 36 rushes. While leading, the Ravens still decided to throw the ball around more than necessary. 28 dropbacks to 24 rushes.

6 total 2nd half run attempts, including Hills nullified TD. Just unacceptable. Yet it’s a tale as old as time with this team.
@BSLMikeRandall

#420 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 05:30 PM

All we need is Lamar’s season ending injury on Thursday and the season will be complete. All boxes will have been checked.
  • BaltBird 24 and 85Knight like this
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=