#221 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 05 November 2023 - 03:45 PM

Lamar isn't hurt, right? Know the ankle was a little gimpy.

Seeing that celebration for OBJ's TD, he looked fine. He's probably a little gimpy after that one hit but nothing overly concerning. Plus, given the game situation, it was a perfect time to get him out. Shades of 2019.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#222 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,434 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 03:45 PM

How can this team struggle against Arizona, but beat the brakes off of Detroit and Seattle?

Love seeing Mitchell break out. Great story. And he looks like he just might be the RB we were looking for after Dobbins went out.

Also, now maybe Beckham can stop throwing temper tantrums.

Its a week to week league. Harbaugh has to keep them prepared and hungry because now all the love will really be headed their way. Already starting with Romo blowing them so hard.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

#223 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 03:46 PM

A lot of backups in now. Basically as many as you can.

#224 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 03:53 PM

Its a week to week league. Harbaugh has to keep them prepared and hungry because now all the love will really be headed their way. Already starting with Romo blowing them so hard.

Kind of deserved this week. Overall, team looks great this week. Defense has been phenomenal all season. And they've completed dominated two of the better offenses in the NFC.

#225 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 03:54 PM

I thought the first half was good. The second half was damn near flawless.

#226 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 November 2023 - 04:00 PM

We're good. 

#227 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 04:10 PM

Keaton Mitchell is a big key to the offense moving forward. The biggest weakness of the offense is the deap ball. We don't throw deep as often as we should.

It's nice to have something to complain about when you're offense keeps scoring over 30 pts. every week.

#228 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 05 November 2023 - 04:13 PM

Keaton Mitchell is a big key to the offense moving forward. The biggest weakness of the offense is the deap ball. We don't throw deep as often as we should.

It's nice to have something to complain about when you're offense keeps scoring over 30 pts. every week.

We had no reason to throw it deep today. Lamar has been pretty good on deep throws this year even though he's thrown fewer of them.

#229 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 05 November 2023 - 04:14 PM

This game feels like the perfect response to Arizona's game plan last week, reminding teams that you can't in fact run quarters with 8 in coverage against Lamar.

#230 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 04:23 PM

We had no reason to throw it deep today. Lamar has been pretty good on deep throws this year even though he's thrown fewer of them.

I honestly saw a few instances where I would have thrown it in the endzone but you can’t argue with the results. The crew I watched the game with all agreed that Huntley throws that timing pattern to OBJ better than Lamar would have.

Like I said looking for imperfections when your offense keeps scoring over 30 is a good place to be.

#231 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 06:33 PM

The defense is going to give them a chance against anyone.

#232 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 08:00 PM

I was pretty critical of Macdonald last year. Since Roquan came in, I have no complaints. Macdonald has probably coached himself into a head coaching position after this season. He's rarely made the wrong call this season. And his mixture of coverages have confused every QB. Even Romo was caught off guard by the blitzes and coverages, which is unusual, he's usually dead on in the broadcast booth.

#233 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 08:47 PM

Stone actually playing SAFETY is a nice change of pace. And by that I mean staying deep, reading and reacting, and catching some of the overthrows. That's what a SAFETY should be in my mind. Both of them...

#234 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2023 - 10:14 PM

So many empty seats.

It was loud and full upstairs 

There are empty seats in just about every stadium 

@mikeghg

#235 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2023 - 10:16 PM

The run game is atrocious.

This did not age well  :-P

• 85Knight likes this
@mikeghg

#236 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2023 - 10:35 PM

I I am at unapologetic Homer and I’ve been saying it all year, but this is a damn good football team.

• 85Knight likes this
@mikeghg

#237 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 10:37 PM

I I am at unapologetic Homer and I’ve been saying it all year, but this is a damn good football team.

DeCosta and company gives the staff a pretty loaded (overall) roster year in year out. Health and how the pieces are used is the deciding factor...

#238 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 12:23 AM

I think it is fair to say the Ravens are in the conversation as the best team in the NFL.  I think it is also fair to say they were in that position last year when they were the # 1 seed in the AFC in November, same with 2021 when they were the #1 seed in the AFC in November, and actually the same way in 2020 when they were at least among the top teams into November.  

It's not about where you are now, it's about how you are playing in late December and January.   It's time to stop fading and start finishing.  Obviously the biggest way to do that is for Lamar Jackson to stay healthy.  

• NewMarketSean likes this

#239 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 08:30 AM

This did not age well :-P

Mitchell is obviously the speed back we need to replace Dobbins. If he can stay healthy he gives us that dynamic we need to truly have an explosive run game. I would take him off of special teams immediately.

#240 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 November 2023 - 10:02 AM

Mitchell is obviously the speed back we need to replace Dobbins. If he can stay healthy he gives us that dynamic we need to truly have an explosive run game. I would take him off of special teams immediately.

This offense is very dangerous as is.  If Mitchell can provide the home run threat, then it borders on unstoppable.  

Again, I readily admit to be a homer, but I can see the pieces coming together.  Sure if LJ or other key pieces go down then the end will not be pretty, but that is life in the NFL, not the team, not finishing.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=