#501 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,487 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 13 February 2024 - 06:46 PM

They aren't dumping money into ST coverage until the Angelos family is gone for good.

Money doesn't matter once they decide to sell.  They'll have a billion dollars.  This is competence, not money.

#502 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

HOF

• Moderators
  • 14,427 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 February 2024 - 06:56 PM

7 games this year plus the prospect game on MLBN and whatever opposing team feeds we get.

#503 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,215 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 February 2024 - 10:07 PM

7 games this year plus the prospect game on MLBN and whatever opposing team feeds we get.

Have they announced this? The only way I can see where that came from is the Nats announced MASN is doing 7 of their ST games and I think it's mandated the network does the same for the O's, but no word on which games if that's even the case.

#504 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 13 February 2024 - 10:32 PM

From The Sun: "...a source said MASN will broadcast seven of the Orioles’ 32 spring training games — far less than most MLB teams’ broadcast partners but more than it has aired in recent years. The number is the same for the Washington Nationals, whose games are also shown on the network majority-owned by the Orioles, and is a return to MASN’s pre-pandemic level..."

#505 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,215 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 February 2024 - 11:07 PM

So despite being shackled with the same Angelos-run network, the Nats can announce their spring training broadcast schedule a week before spring training actually begins. Meanwhile, the night before ST starts all Orioles fans get is something from an unnamed source that the local newspaper had to go hunting for.

I guess the delay is because John is still haggling with the Sarasota Community College AV Dept to get the production crew needed to pull it off.

"$10/hr and a bag of peanuts for each of you. That's my final offer, take it or leave it!"

#506 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

HOF

• Moderators
  • 14,427 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 February 2024 - 11:33 PM

So despite being shackled with the same Angelos-run network, the Nats can announce their spring training broadcast schedule a week before spring training actually begins. Meanwhile, the night before ST starts all Orioles fans get is something from an unnamed source that the local newspaper had to go hunting for.

I guess the delay is because John is still haggling with the Sarasota Community College AV Dept to get the production crew needed to pull it off.

"$10/hr and a bag of peanuts for each of you. That's my final offer, take it or leave it!"

It’s almost over 🙏🏻
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#507 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,915 posts

Posted 14 February 2024 - 08:09 AM

Today is the day!!!!
  • BobPhelan and Biggsy like this

#508 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 14 February 2024 - 08:47 AM

Sounds like the announcers will be calling those 7 ST games from Baltimore, so that's not ideal, but I guess baseball on TV is better than no baseball on TV.

• BobPhelan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=  width=