382 replies to this topic

#41 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 09:10 AM

No stupid turnovers and the Ravens should be pretty safe.

Yep, balanced offense, ball control, win turnover battle, take points when there.  Do no self harm basically...

#42 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 06 October 2023 - 02:07 PM

Humphrey, OBJ and Stanley all questionable. Moses doubtful. Williams is completely off the injury report.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#43 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 02:10 PM

Pickett also fully participated and isn't on the injury report, so I guess it's him.

#44 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 03:01 PM

When you look at the offensive and defensive, statistical breakdown of the Steelers, it doesn't paint a pretty picture.  They're really not a very good team and they're extremely fortunate to have 2 wins.  What the Ravens can't do is turn the ball over and commit stupid, costly penalties. In other words, beat themselves.  If they can avoid that, they're clearly a superior team that should win.  That doesn't mean they will but at least on paper, this shouldn't be all that close. 

#45 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 03:06 PM

When you look at the offensive and defensive, statistical breakdown of the Steelers, it doesn't paint a pretty picture.  They're really not a very good team and they're extremely fortunate to have 2 wins.  What the Ravens can't do is turn the ball over and commit stupid, costly penalties. In other words, beat themselves.  If they can avoid that, they're clearly a superior team that should win.  That doesn't mean they will but at least on paper, this shouldn't be all that close. 

Yeah, the Browns had 4 turnovers and the Raiders 3, vs 2 and 0 for the Steelers. Protect the ball and they can't beat us. Lose the turnover battle and that's always trouble.

#46 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 04:27 PM

The wind could be an issue too on Sunday.  Gusts up to 30 MPH are expected so longer passes might very well be neutralized as well as affecting the kicking game.  Offensively, could it mean a run heavy day for the Ravens? 

#47 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 04:41 PM

The wind could be an issue too on Sunday.  Gusts up to 30 MPH are expected so longer passes might very well be neutralized as well as affecting the kicking game.  Offensively, could it mean a run heavy day for the Ravens? 

They're 32nd in pass attempts and 2nd in run attempts so that's probably likely.

Changing off of Roman didn't change the overall offensive numbers that much as much as it changed the specifics, like what kind of passes. Which makes sense cause they've been successful for years with the same general approach, they just needed a change.

• jamesdean likes this

#48 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 08:00 PM

They're 32nd in pass attempts and 2nd in run attempts so that's probably likely.

Changing off of Roman didn't change the overall offensive numbers that much as much as it changed the specifics, like what kind of passes. Which makes sense cause they've been successful for years with the same general approach, they just needed a change.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could see a repeat of the Ravens 2019 demolition of the Rams that infamous Monday night? I still revisit that game at least once a year on Youtube and it never gets old.
  • makoman likes this

#49 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 11:21 PM

I think the Orioles have sucked a lot of hype out of this game.   With them opening a playoff series as the the overall best record in the AL, not many people seem to care about the Ravens/Steelers.  The news media even seems to have to push it as an "Oh by the way...." moment.  

#50 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 06:19 AM

I think the Orioles have sucked a lot of hype out of this game.   With them opening a playoff series as the the overall best record in the AL, not many people seem to care about the Ravens/Steelers.  The news media even seems to have to push it as an "Oh by the way...." moment.  

I feel just the opposite. I'm more fired up about the Steelers game than I am about baseball. I want to see the Orioles do well but once football season begins, baseball takes a back seat in my brain. If Texas eliminates the Orioles, I won't watch a second nor will I care about any baseball game going forward. Zero.

#51 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 07:38 AM

Is it asking for too much to have both Baltimore teams win today???

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#52 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 07:38 AM

This is how I feel.  Not even sure I'll see any of the football game depending on how my baseball pre-game plans develop.

#53 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 07:39 AM

The Ravens are a mere distraction until the real game starts.

#54 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 08:01 AM

Is it asking for too much to have both Baltimore teams win today???

Nope!

#55 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 11:54 AM

Nice to see the reinforcements starting to get their way back. 

#56 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 11:57 AM

Pittsburgh has two offensive linemen and their TE out.  Really is no excuse not to win this game.  I do think it will be a physically intense game.  I expect a few injuries on both sides.  Tomlin called out his team's intensity and physicality last week.  I think that will change today.  

#57 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 11:58 AM

Ravens inactives: RT Morgan Moses (shoulder); OLB Odafe Oweh (ankle); QB Josh Johnson (No.3 QB); TE Charlie Kolar; CB Jalyn Armour-Davis; OL Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu So Ronnie Stanley, Marcus Williams, Marlon Humphrey, Odell Beckham Jr. and Rashod Bateman all back for Ravens.

#58 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 12:00 PM

I feel just the opposite. I'm more fired up about the Steelers game than I am about baseball. I want to see the Orioles do well but once football season begins, baseball takes a back seat in my brain. If Texas eliminates the Orioles, I won't watch a second nor will I care about any baseball game going forward. Zero.

I have to admit I'm a much bigger football fan than baseball, but even I'm not as concerned about the Ravens losing to the Steelers as I am about the Orioles losing to Texas.  Ravens have a lot of season left even if they would lose today.  A loss today by the Orioles would be devastating.  Can't see them sweeping the next 3 against the Rangers offense.  

#59 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 October 2023 - 12:00 PM

Pittsburgh has two offensive linemen and their TE out. Really is no excuse not to win this game. I do think it will be a physically intense game. I expect a few injuries on both sides. Tomlin called out his team's intensity and physicality last week. I think that will change today.

D Johnson WR too.

#60 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 12:04 PM

Ravens ball to start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=