227 replies to this topic

#221 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 05:42 AM

Thankfully Ricker missed JA drinking out the homer hose in the clubhouse. Thats a good thing. He may have choked on his own puke

I hated seeing him there but he is the friggin' owner.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#222 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 05:44 AM

It was so friggin awesome watching these guys celebrate yesterday. Especially after how they won that game. It wouldn't have been the same had they lost, but still qualified for postseason. Watching those guys let loose after years of 100 loss baseball was so cathartic as a fan. One of the happiest moments I've had as an Oriole fan. 

Just a great day for Baltimore sports fans.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#223 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 05:47 AM

Every game just makes our FO look dumber. Winning in spite of the help they didn't get. Love it!!!

Seriously, that's what you got out of that win yesterday?

• BobPhelan likes this

#224 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:24 AM

When you’re a trust fund baby, you get access to a lot of cool stuff you don’t at all deserve.
  • Pedro Cerrano and DuffMan like this

#225 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:53 AM

It was so friggin awesome watching these guys celebrate yesterday. Especially after how they won that game. It wouldn't have been the same had they lost, but still qualified for postseason. Watching those guys let loose after years of 100 loss baseball was so cathartic as a fan. One of the happiest moments I've had as an Oriole fan.

Just a great day for Baltimore sports fans.

Hyde said they had a more subdued celebration planned had they clinched after a loss. But yes that was an epic way to clinch a playoff spot. They were celebrating that comeback win as much as making the playoffs. After those 4 losses the last 2 wins give this team a team of destiny feel. We shall see but so far so good. I always say every Cinderella story needs a miracle. Hopefully we have a couple more left in us.

#226 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 September 2023 - 09:33 AM

What a terrific sports week.

I went to 5 Oriole games this past week, and while the week only yielded a 3-2 record in the games I attended, Oriole Park was electric.  

Saturday and Sunday were about as much fun as you can have at a baseball game.

We were fortunate enough to be in a sky box yesterday and I did not think it was possible to stress as much about two sports teams at the same time.  I kept going back into the suite to check on the Ravens and then right back out to watch the Orioles..  Neither team disappointed.  

• You Play to Win the Game, NewMarketSean, mdrunning and 1 other like this
@mikeghg

#227 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 September 2023 - 09:56 AM

DL Hall doesn't instill confidence. He can get Ks I guess?

He came up big yesterday.  

He was walking on air coming off the field.  Maybe the clutch inning of the year.

@mikeghg

#228 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 September 2023 - 10:11 AM

The Magic is certainly back.

I walked to the car yesterday and could not stop singing this song.  Trust me, my family wanted me to stop.

If your not proud of this team, you never will be.

As Gene Hackman might say......Miles and Miles and Miles of Heart.

• You Play to Win the Game and 85Knight like this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=