545 replies to this topic

#541 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 10:16 AM

Different sport, but the Yankees lost their 'uber prospect', 20 year old CF Jasson Dominguez to a torn UCL yesterday. How does a twenty year old centerfielder blow out his UCL?

My guess is the overtraining and overdevelopment of his body pushing his ligaments is how.

Overuse is the most likely cause of a baseball injury like this. (Not saying that these other issues may haven't contributed as well.) Dominguez signed as a 16 year old out of the Dominican. I'm surmising, but I bet that Dominguez likely pitched and/or played shortstop in his early teens. Couple that with playing year round in DR and you have the recipe for this injury.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#542 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 10:17 AM

While I really feel for Dobbins, Hill did look good on some runs and he is a good receiver out of the backfield, so the situation could be worse.

#543 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 10:26 AM

Different sport, but the Yankees lost their 'uber prospect', 20 year old CF Jasson Dominguez to a torn UCL yesterday. How does a twenty year old centerfielder blow out his UCL?

My guess is the overtraining and overdevelopment of his body pushing his ligaments is how. 

I have no doubt that most baseball players are still jacked up on PED's but have mastered the art of hiding a positive test result. Posing on stage as a bodybuilder is one thing but when musculature is so advanced while playing sports, it just does a number on joints, tendons and ligaments.

#544 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 10:32 AM

I have no doubt that most baseball players are still jacked up on PED's but have mastered the art of hiding a positive test result. Posing on stage as a bodybuilder is one thing but when musculature is so advanced while playing sports, it just does a number on joints, tendons and ligaments.

MLB baseball players and NFL football players can afford the best PEDs and masking agents that money can buy. I'm quite sure that the use of PEDs is widespread in both sports.
  • jamesdean likes this

#545 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 10:53 AM

Cincinnati played a way worse game, so could be an ugly week 2 matchup.

Cleveland has their number. It was also poor weather. Burrow plays well at home against us. At times our defense struggled to contain a rookie QB playing his first game. I don’t have high hopes of winning this game.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#546 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 September 2023 - 11:40 AM

As long as all 6 players(JK, Marlon, Andrews, Linderbaum, Williams and of course JK) are not out, I think we see a much better game against Cincy.

I think the Ravens kept things close to the vest against Houston.

Week 1 is the great over reaction week from fans.  We will see what week 2 brings.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=