#501 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 04:44 PM

Was it buffering a lot? Choppy?

I resort to third party sites, and it was almost unwatchable. Going to have to rewatch later on NFL+ to get a feel for what the offense was really like. I’d see someone go in motion, freeze, then the play is pretty much over.

I think he was speaking on the quality of play, not the Sunday ticket product.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mike in STL like this

#502 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 September 2023 - 04:46 PM

Was it buffering a lot? Choppy?

I resort to third party sites, and it was almost unwatchable. Going to have to rewatch later on NFL+ to get a feel for what the offense was really like. I’d see someone go in motion, freeze, then the play is pretty much over.

Not at all, YouTube has been stellar today. I’ve def had that problem with DirecTV’s iteration in the past, particularly early season. I just meant the product I’m watching - the football.
  • Mike in STL and bmore_ken like this

#503 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 04:48 PM

Most of the same people that said this during camp though are also saying the offense will take a step back now without him.

Interesting.

Maybe just irrational game thread comments that don’t count though.

He's the best RB on the team and the team is worse without him. Depending on what he was asking for, the team was right not to sign him to a long deal. Both can be true.

I don't feel strongly about the second one because we have no idea what he was asking for. He wanted security, which as today shows was a reasonable thing to want.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#504 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 04:54 PM

Sucks about JK. I’m not a doctor. But my understanding is the Achilles (and maybe it’s all tendons?) tear microscopically little by little over time until they eventually completely tear. So if JK was participating early on in camp, in preseason games, this maybe would have already happened.

So he’s had an ACL injury. The ACL didn’t heal properly which led to a second procedure to clean out scar tissue. And now an Achilles. Achilles and ACL aren’t related injuries. Predicting he wouldn’t stay healthy is just as much a good guess, as is the flukiness of suffering this injury. I hope he lands on an NFC team in 2024 and has an amazing career.

For those that couldn’t wait to show him the door, hope you’re happy.
@BSLMikeRandall

#505 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 04:57 PM

He's the best RB on the team and the team is worse without him. Depending on what he was asking for, the team was right not to sign him to a long deal. Both can be true.

I don't feel strongly about the second one because we have no idea what he was asking for. He wanted security, which as today shows was a reasonable thing to want.

I know he’s the best RB on the team, and the team is worse without. Some think any schmoe can play the position and we’re going to find out how “easily replaceable” he is.
@BSLMikeRandall

#506 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:00 PM

I know he’s the best RB on the team, and the team is worse without. Some think any schmoe can play the position and we’re going to find out how “easily replaceable” he is.

Nobody thinks he's easily replaceable. 
Nobody thinks RB's don't have value. 
Elite talent is elite talent. 

But you don't reward a guy that missed all of '21, and half of '22 an extension before a snap is played in '23.

• jamesdean and bmore_ken like this

#507 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:02 PM

Speaking of wasted money, how did Broderick Washington do today? 1 tackle?

OBJ, Two PIs on balls he wasn’t close to catching anyway?

Now that’s money we’ll spent!!

I know you have to pay your QB, but Lamar better take some of that fortune and buy some god damn ball security with it.
@BSLMikeRandall

#508 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:04 PM

Very curious to see how OBJ grades out. I was trying to pay attention even on plays he wasn’t targeted, which is hard on TV, but it looked like he was not getting open much at all today. The 29 yard catch was nice.

#509 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:05 PM

I was one who was genuinely excited about what Dobbins could do for a whole season. Just wasn't meant to be. I can't even imagine how destroyed he is emotionally right now and feel terrible for him.

#510 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:06 PM

You predicted a loss, so you should be thrilled right?

I'll take being wrong over an ugly win every week. Did what you see inspire you though?

#511 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:07 PM

I was one who was genuinely excited about what Dobbins could do for a whole season. Just wasn't meant to be. I can't even imagine how destroyed he is emotionally right now and feel terrible for him.

Bought his jersey the year we drafted him and drafted him in a dynasty startup league this year. Just love Dobbins and was Uber excited for his career. I still firmly believe he’s going to post at least a couple beast seasons, he’s still young. But it sucks it won’t be here. Feel for him.

#512 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:14 PM

Nobody thinks he's easily replaceable.
Nobody thinks RB's don't have value.
Elite talent is elite talent.
But you don't reward a guy that missed all of '21, and half of '22 an extension before a snap is played in '23.

People have used the term “easily replaceable” but whatever.

I don’t think what happened in ‘22 was his fault. The healing process didn’t go as planned. Consider it an extension of what happened in 2021.

Doesn’t matter now. It sucks he’s robbed of showing his potential once again.
@BSLMikeRandall

#513 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:15 PM

Very curious to see how OBJ grades out. I was trying to pay attention even on plays he wasn’t targeted, which is hard on TV, but it looked like he was not getting open much at all today. The 29 yard catch was nice.

Drew 2 PIs and had another nice 8 yarder for a first.

Hard to gauge the first half because the OLine was a turnstile.

#514 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:17 PM

Sucks about JK. I’m not a doctor. But my understanding is the Achilles (and maybe it’s all tendons?) tear microscopically little by little over time until they eventually completely tear. So if JK was participating early on in camp, in preseason games, this maybe would have already happened.

So he’s had an ACL injury. The ACL didn’t heal properly which led to a second procedure to clean out scar tissue. And now an Achilles. Achilles and ACL aren’t related injuries. Predicting he wouldn’t stay healthy is just as much a good guess, as is the flukiness of suffering this injury. I hope he lands on an NFC team in 2024 and has an amazing career.

For those that couldn’t wait to show him the door, hope you’re happy.

It can definitely slowly happen over time or it can just snap all at once. Football players, and especially insane athletes like him, put incredible forces on their tendons. Impossible to say unless he's been having pain there--if he had been sitting out due to achilles pain then this would not be that surprising, but I don't think we ever heard what he was dealing with and some say he wasn't hurt at all. I'm not a doctor either but I'm a runner and I've been dealing with achilles pain for like 8 months so I've read a bit on it. Once it starts it takes forever to heal and is frustrating as hell because you can work through it, it's often just bad in the mornings, but then you read that you're slowly making it worse over time and it'll snap one day if you keep it up. I think a guy like Dobbins isn't going to sit if he can play, even if he should. So maybe it was a build up over time, or maybe an unlucky awkward tackle.

I don't know if he's injury prone or if he's just unlucky. Kind of the same thing we were wondering about Lamar. The NFL is just brutal on the body and a lot of bodies can't handle it due to no real fault of their own or lack of effort. I too will wish him well in the NFC next year. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#515 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:24 PM

The first half, unless the ball came out instantly it seemed like the few times there wasn't pressure nobody was open. It's hard to tell anything with individual receivers on TV, like you say. It seemed like no one was really in sync most of the day. But I'm mostly giving them a pass until like week 4 to figure out a new offense. Sucks because that's a quarter of the season with all 3 road division games in the first 5 weeks, but what can you do? I also think a healthy Andrews makes everybody better so that will be nice later on.

I'll take being wrong over an ugly win every week. Did what you see inspire you though?

No, but see above. Yeah, the new offense is an excuse, but it's also the reality. 

• bmore_ken likes this

#516 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:36 PM

Where in the ass was Isaiah Likely all day?

#517 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:54 PM

To Biggsy’s point earlier - I got the Sunday Ticket this year and it’s pretty much been a god awful product across the country today. Incredibly sloppy.

It's week 1. I expected the offense to start slow. My biggest concerns were Monken's play calling. Second half was a lot better, outside of back to back screen plays to Flowers that went nowhere. I also think the line ruined a lot of offensive potential in the first half. That's still on the OC. You have to see that they're just pinning their ears back and going after the QB. They had 2 or 3 zero blitzes on 3rd downs that came through clean.

It is what it is. They scored 25. The second half they got a rhythm and made some nice plays. The line started blocking. Lamar made some nice throws. It was day one in live action against an NFL defense.

To 2035's point, I do think we see less efficiency on offense under Monken. Roman was the master at the run game. He was always moving forward. Between the 20's he was extremely good. I think you see more stalled drives with Monken. Less YPC. But if he can adjust like he did today, I still feel he's better than Roman moving forward.

#518 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 10 September 2023 - 05:56 PM

Maybe I'm being too lenient, but to me ugly wins are like the Detroit 66 yard win, or last year's 13-3 win over a bad Panthers team. Maybe it was ugly at times but we also beat the spread by more than a touchdown.

#519 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 06:00 PM

Where in the ass was Isaiah Likely all day?

Ive never really understood the love affair with him by Ravens fans

#520 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 September 2023 - 06:02 PM

Hope your fiends didn’t hit the over as hard as you were talking about loving the over earlier this week, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=