67 replies to this topic

#61 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:34 PM

Quite damn lucky they are 4-5 last 9 vs 2-7. But those 2 wins are a big difference. Gotta start hitting the ball better

#62 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:58 PM

Woof.

The O's don't usually get embarrassed, but they got caught flat-footed towards the later innings of this game. 

Go take 2 of 3 in Oakland. 

Has anyone here ever seen a two-base error followed by a steal of home? I know I haven't.

#63 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 06:50 AM

They need to sweep Oakland, not take 2 of 3.  Not only sweep them but none of the games should even be that close.  No excuses.  If you're the 2nd best team in baseball, you have to pound someone like the A's and almost make a joke of it.  Have you looked at that team's run differential?  It's so bad that it's mind boggling.  Bottom line?  You aren't going to win many games scoring one or two runs. Time for this offense to become much more effective and do it consistently, not every 4th or 5th game. 

• Mackus likes this

#64 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 07:41 AM

Has anyone here ever seen a two-base error followed by a steal of home? I know I haven't.

Not that I can recall. What’s supposed to occur there is the catcher calls timeout to reset the situation for the pitcher. 

But obviously that did not happen. 

#65 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 August 2023 - 09:31 AM

The Orioles brass on Wednesday morning: "Oh, I know a way we can say HIS name. If we prop up Dean Kremer as if he's the incarnation of Cy Young himself, that is how we can get away with actually saying 'Manny Machado'." 

#66 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 August 2023 - 09:54 AM

Fuji just kills me. He could be so damn good. You can see it.

Hope he considers staying for cheap.

Yea, he is definitely Jekyll/Hyde type player.  When he is good, he is very good, but then he has games like last night, when he kills us.

The arm is elite, but his inability to repeat a good motion is not good. 

@mikeghg

#67 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:01 AM

The Orioles brass on Wednesday morning: "Oh, I know a way we can say HIS name. If we prop up Dean Kremer as if he's the incarnation of Cy Young himself, that is how we can get away with actually saying 'Manny Machado'." 

I really don't think this organization cares one bit about Machado/Kremer.  They had nothing to do with it.

The funny thing, is that I talked to a Dodger fan when they came to Camden Yards a few weeks ago and he felt that the Dodgers lost that trade.  He said Manny was a jerk who performed poorly in LA during the playoffs.

@mikeghg

#68 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:05 AM

I really don't think this organization cares one bit about Machado/Kremer.  They had nothing to do with it.

The funny thing, is that I talked to a Dodger fan when they came to Camden Yards a few weeks ago and he felt that the Dodgers lost that trade.  He said Manny was a jerk who performed poorly in LA during the playoffs.

What? I'm confused...

Britt Ghiroli:

“But Rob, as you know, working at MASN, people have quietly gotten in trouble over very benign, very tiny things, like mentioning Manny Machado,” Ghiroli responded. “There’s so many things that they can’t say. This year you have to wear certain clothes. I’ve been told about how a lot of those meetings go and it’s so hard to be a broadcaster there because they want to control everything that you say.”

https://awfulannounc...evin-brown.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=