#221 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:37 PM

So what’s with the “told you so” posts whenever you’re “correct”

I’ll admit it’s 50 times worse in Ravens threads — and I do put you on ignore during football season — but now it’s starting here. In a magical season no less.

He wasnt even around til July. It was a beautiful thing. Then it wasnt.

#222 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:38 PM

I mean I don’t really want to get into this with you because it’s clear you likely won’t listen; but when you come in with two runners on and you give up a lame duck bloop, well, the only way you didn’t “do your job” is in a strictly literal sense.

Lame duck? Not at all. He went oppo field on a pitch outside. This speaks to the O's general issues with backing off good hitting teams from freely lunging like that (the Dodgers held a clinic last month on this). 

ETA - the Dodgers are another fantastic hitting team (well coached, particularly), too. 

#223 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:39 PM

So what’s with the “told you so” posts whenever you’re “correct”

I’ll admit it’s 50 times worse in Ravens threads — and I do put you on ignore during football season — but now it’s starting here. In a magical season no less.

I mean, it's hard to be told how stupid you are about something because you called it before other people were ready to, just for them to come to the same conclusion later, without reminding them you're not an idiot. And lots of people here do that, fwiw.

But I'm never excited to be right about doom.

#224 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

100%. Good observation. This game threads needs more good takes to balance out the nonsense.

Dean Kremer bottom 5 SP in MLB. Yep...balance that nonsense. ;)

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#225 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

He wasnt even around til July. It was a beautiful thing. Then it wasnt.

I was around from the first game. I just don't have time to post play by play on the game threads.

#226 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:41 PM

Dean Kremer bottom 5 SP in MLB. Yep...balance that nonsense. ;)

I mean I was backing it up with stats. You dont have to like the take and can disagree with what xERA was telling you but it wasnt utter bs. Most of the stuff around here is utter BS

#227 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:42 PM

If only we could make some trades to put ourselves in a better position to beat Houston in the postseason....

Meanwhile Flaherty and Fuji showed their ass this series.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#228 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:43 PM

I mean I was backing it up with stats. You dont have to like the take and can disagree with what xERA was telling you but it wasnt utter bullshit. Most of the stuff around here is utter BS

Pro tip. Don't take things so seriously.

This is supposed to be fun. Even when it looks like people are miserable.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#229 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,776 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:44 PM

If only we could make some trades to put ourselves in a better position to beat Houston in the postseason....

I think DL can help in the Pen,  with any luck Givens can be a boost there as well

#230 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:44 PM

I didn't think Flaherty was terrible. There's no shame in getting hit by Houston.

Fuji is a walking catastrophe. He either puts down the side with ease or goes full nuclear on the mound.

#231 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:45 PM

Pro tip. Don't take things so seriously.

This is supposed to be fun. Even when it looks like people are miserable.

Now come on man. You get into your feels too. I aint having this be like you over there just joking around the whole time. Keep it real.

#232 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:45 PM

MLB Network@MLBNetwork·
Ever since calling up Adley Rutschman, Baltimore has yet to be swept in 76 consecutive series. That's the 5th longest streak in MLB history and the longest since the 1942-44 Cardinals.

• BobPhelan likes this

#233 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,928 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:46 PM

Never a doubt....76 straight non-sweep series!  Unreal!

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#234 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:48 PM

most consecutive series of 2+ games without being swept:

1942-44 Cardinals: 125

1903-05 Giants: 106

1922-24 Yankees: 83

2022-pres. Orioles: 76 ** active streak extended w/HOU series

h/t@EliasSports

• NewMarketSean likes this

#235 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:50 PM

Very important win.  Now they can head west and feel good about themselves.  I think it will be good for them to get out of Baltimore for awhile.  A little too much melodrama the past couple of days.  Hell, maybe having Kevin back in the booth will give them a good vibe too. 

• CantonJester likes this

#236 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:55 PM

I didn't think Flaherty was terrible. There's no shame in getting hit by Houston.

Fuji is a walking catastrophe. He either puts down the side with ease or goes full nuclear on the mound.

Flaherty wasn't awful, I agree. Still needed 100 pitches to get through 5 while DK coasted today.

#237 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:56 PM

Now come on man. You get into your feels too. I aint having this be like you over there just joking around the whole time. Keep it real.

Why does it matter to you?

I fan the way I fan. You fan the way you fan.

I'm a scarred Baltimore fan. Chip on my shoulder while expecting the worst 24/7.

It is what it is.

#238 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,776 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 August 2023 - 02:58 PM

If Perez covers first in time we probably avoid almost all of that late inning drama.  

#239 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 03:00 PM

I think DL can help in the Pen,  with any luck Givens can be a boost there as well

Hall could be huge in BP but he's another raw untested P who doesn't know where ball is going half the time. Another Fuji.

Givens looked awful earlier and i never trusted him when he was here before. I wouldn't count on him for much if anything.

Means in the BP intrigues me

#240 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 03:01 PM

Why does it matter to you?

I fan the way I fan. You fan the way you fan.

I'm a scarred Baltimore fan. Chip on my shoulder while expecting the worst 24/7.

It is what it is.

Not even that as much as us pushing each others buttons. Youve pushed mine successfully. Ive pushed yours successfully. But I agree at the end of the day ultimately its all good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=