#241 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 29 July 2023 - 09:24 AM

mlb.com highlight feed on DEFENSE last night had 14 plays...Orioles were #5 (Frazier), #4 (Urias) and #3 (Santander).

Show up.

#242 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 09:28 AM

Even the YES announcers were excited.

It feels like everyone is rooting for the Orioles this year.

That was the first time I saw the homerun.  Damn, Santander hit that like a tee shot.  The ball couldn't have been more than a foot off the ground and he hit it a long way.  I love how the rightfielder started trotting towards the dugout on contact.  And let's not forget the amazing catch Santander made.  For a lousy fielder in general, he does make the spectacular ones every now and then. 

#243 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 29 July 2023 - 10:41 AM

I know he's not a perfect player, but Santander is one of the most likable guys on this team, and he makes them better.

Agree he's likable, but I'd guess he's more than that on this team.  Most here have been comfortable running him off in favor of the younger group, but when he's gone, we'll see if what he does (not just his stats) gets replaced.

If I was Steve Cohen, Santander would be my target to play RF next year for the Metropolitans.

#244 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,324 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 29 July 2023 - 11:21 AM

As of today I would pencil in Santander on this team next season. Mostly DH but some OF and some 1B. I just don't see how he isn't valuable enough to have around even with the young players we have coming up. 

• Mike B likes this

#245 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 July 2023 - 02:20 PM

Great win and hopefully, this was the game when Rodriguez turned the corner as a major league pitcher.  

He is getting better each start.  Last night was key.  It seemed the Orioles caught Cole on his A game yet won because Rodriquez stayed right with him.  You can not ask for anymore than that.  He is getting there, pretty quickly IMO.

@mikeghg

#246 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 July 2023 - 02:21 PM

As of today I would pencil in Santander on this team next season. Mostly DH but some OF and some 1B. I just don't see how he isn't valuable enough to have around even with the young players we have coming up. 

He is the thumper in the middle of the lineup.  

@mikeghg

#247 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 03:25 PM

He is getting better each start. Last night was key. It seemed the Orioles caught Cole on his A game yet won because Rodriquez stayed right with him. You can not ask for anymore than that. He is getting there, pretty quickly IMO.

To take it a step further. We will not get as far as want to go this season if Grayson doesn't develop into a TOR starter. I thought so coming into this season and I still believe that's true. Last night was a big step in him getting there. Since he's come back he seems to be getting better and better.

#248 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 05:09 PM

Hes not particularly close to being an ace right now so yeah. He has a terrific fastball. He has a change that is good when he can command / control it. Brealing stuff is still very suspect

#249 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,777 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 05:15 PM

Slider is good, just can't locate it. At least he kept it down last night instead of hanging a bunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=