#183 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,822 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 15 July 2023 - 09:06 PM

Great win.  Team wins most nights.  Keep rolling.

#184 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,822 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 15 July 2023 - 09:09 PM

Ugly ass game. But it's a W.

The Cards, Mets and Padres, Mariners and Angels wish they could win a couple ugly games.

Winning feels easier when you're winning.  The opposite feels like the winning will never return.

Find a way.

#185 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,188 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 09:12 PM

The Cards, Mets and Padres, Mariners and Angels wish they could win a couple ugly games.

Winning feels easier when you're winning. The opposite feels like the winning will never return.

Find a way.

Hard to argue with that.

#186 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 09:23 PM

The first half of the game I think I counted 74 line drives down the L/R field lines that all landed just foul. Was it Santander (?) who crushed a shot that was about 2” foul as it dented the RF wall?

Yeah. Maybe it wasn’t 74. At least the high 50s though. 

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#187 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,621 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 09:38 PM

Hat tip to Gunnar for improving the glove for the most part. Still can be erratic with the arm. One ate him up a bit at 3b tonight too but the range is really good and hes cleaned things up in general. Hes an Alabama boy so Im guessing April may always be a bit of a struggle for him.

#188 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 July 2023 - 10:18 PM

Bring tanner scott in now…I dare ya.

Also, Mike Deveraux. While I loved him as a CFer…he is awful in the booth..:he just agrees with Ben and offers nothing.

80410758-239d-48fd-97f4-65457c2818fa_tex

• mdrunning likes this

#189 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,656 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 July 2023 - 10:52 PM

The first half of the game I think I counted 74 line drives down the L/R field lines that all landed just foul. Was it Santander (?) who crushed a shot that was about 2” foul as it dented the RF wall?

Yeah. Maybe it wasn’t 74. At least the high 50s though. 

I was there tonight sitting behind home plate and it seemed like we could not get one to land fair. Great comeback win though.  Santander, Gunnar, Adley, Baumann and Felix all came through in the clutch.

• CantonJester likes this
@mikeghg

#190 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 10:58 PM

I was there tonight sitting behind home plate and it seemed like we could not get one to land fair. Great comeback win though.  Santander, Gunnar, Adley, Baumann and Felix all came through in the clutch.

Awesome. Btw, I realized it was Westburg who crushed one to RF that ricocheted off the wall a couple inches foul.

That was a great win. Miami should’ve been able to put up 10 runs on Gibson tonight considering he simply could not miss bats. 

• dude likes this

#191 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,621 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 11:21 PM

Westburg just missed down both lines tonight. He hit one well into an out in front of the great wall. I wonder how many parks that wouldve been out of. Where do you find that info. Inassume somewhere on Savant

#192 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 07:00 AM

Another comeback victory for this resilient team.  They don't give up and pack it in when they get behind early, which bad teams normally do.  They have character and fight in them.  People can trash Hyde on here but to me, that bulldog mentality is a reflection of him, not the opposite.  He finally has a team with some talent and so far, he's not f'ing it up.  I don't agree with everything he does but I certainly don't have the animosity that some have for him. 

• Mike B and JoyinMudville like this

#193 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 08:57 AM

Westburg just missed down both lines tonight. He hit one well into an out in front of the great wall. I wonder how many parks that wouldve been out of. Where do you find that info. Inassume somewhere on Savant

Looks like a HR in 10 parks.

https://baseballsava...portId=1#717401

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#194 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,656 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 July 2023 - 08:59 AM

Awesome. Btw, I realized it was Westburg who crushed one to RF that ricocheted off the wall a couple inches foul.

That was a great win. Miami should’ve been able to put up 10 runs on Gibson tonight considering he simply could not miss bats. 

Gibson reminds me of Chris Tillman.  When he does not have it, he goes to battling and seems to find a way to get into the 5th or 6th inning, which really helps the pen. In fairness, he really did not get hit around, in the second.  There was only one hard hit ball.  A couple seeing eye singles, and the ball that hit Gibson really fueled that inning.

@mikeghg

#195 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,656 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 July 2023 - 09:10 AM

Another comeback victory for this resilient team.  They don't give up and pack it in when they get behind early, which bad teams normally do.  They have character and fight in them.  People can trash Hyde on here but to me, that bulldog mentality is a reflection of him, not the opposite.  He finally has a team with some talent and so far, he's not f'ing it up.  I don't agree with everything he does but I certainly don't have the animosity that some have for him. 

Hyde is a good manager.  The team plays damn hard for him.  His bullpen moves make me scream sometime, but he combines some of the number driven moves while also merging that with some of the fundamental ideas that have been part of winning baseball for over a century.  The team is 21 games over .500.  He should get some credit for that.

• JoyinMudville likes this
@mikeghg

#196 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,656 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 July 2023 - 09:29 AM

Mike Baumann was good last night.  He held the Marlins were they were and when he did, it seemed inevitable that the Orioles were going to come back and win.  I think there is a high leverage ceiling in Big Mike.  He seems to be growing into the role.

@mikeghg

#197 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,656 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 July 2023 - 09:36 AM

Wild speculation, but showing Santander's versatility?

Santander is a key part of the lineup.  Trading him, would create a large hole.

@mikeghg

#198 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 09:57 AM

Santander is a key part of the lineup.  Trading him, would create a large hole.

I agree.  He had a slow start to the season but I would wager he's hitting close to .300 the last couple of months.  If it were me, I'd just make him the full time DH and get him out of the field. 

#199 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,656 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 July 2023 - 10:06 AM

Gunnar Henderson is a star

It is easy to see him getting better each game.  He is also getting better at shortstop.  At both positions he comes in on the ball as well as anyone.  The he unleashes that cannon.  Bottom line, this kid is good.  He is going to be the best player on some damn good Oriole teams, which is impressive because Adley Rutschman is on those teams.

@mikeghg

#200 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 12:05 PM

Gibson reminds me of Chris Tillman.  When he does not have it, he goes to battling and seems to find a way to get into the 5th or 6th inning, which really helps the pen. In fairness, he really did not get hit around, in the second.  There was only one hard hit ball.  A couple seeing eye singles, and the ball that hit Gibson really fueled that inning.

Considering the average ground ball is about 84 mph, and Gibson gave up a half dozen ground balls that ranged from 94 to 104 mph (meeting the definition of “barreled” hits), he was getting hit hard. The only thing he had going for him was that he was inducing ground balls. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=