#181 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 June 2023 - 01:27 PM

Manny, Schoop, and Manncini were still promising. Davis had started his steep decline. AJ was showing signs of his age. Trump never got back to 2016. We thought Tim Beckham was going to be some sort of savior project.

Bundy, Cashner, Cobb, and Gausman were all major disappointments.

2018 was just a perfect storm of a disaster.

Davis hit 168 that year in almost 500 at bats!  My word, I knew he fell off a cliff but I forgot how bad it was, I must've blocked that year out of my memory.

#182 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 June 2023 - 01:34 PM

Ya retrospect too easy. DM me your Venmo if you’d like your $1

That is okay.  And before anyway asks I am not old enough to have seen him play.  I am old enough to have gone to school where they made you read books during the summer, school year and holiday breaks and just about everyone I read was either about sports or history  Reading about HOF players was the norm for me.

@mikeghg

#183 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 01:38 PM

Davis hit 168 that year in almost 500 at bats!  My word, I knew he fell off a cliff but I forgot how bad it was, I must've blocked that year out of my memory.

.539 OPS.  192 strikeouts.  I remember the horror.

#184 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 01:40 PM

That team was also counting pretty heavily on Chance Sisco being good, and that didn't work out so well (although it worked out way better than the Colby Rasmus signing).

#185 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 02:04 PM

.539 OPS.  192 strikeouts.  I remember the horror.

It got to the point where I was actually excited about him breaking the all-time record for batting average futility.  I think up to that season, Rob Deer had the worst.  Another golden moment was the photo of Davis, lost in a hypnotic trance, staring down at third base as the pitch was halfway to the plate.  Classic!  Showalter probably still has night sweats thinking about writing his name in the line-up almost every day.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=