202 replies to this topic

#161 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:21 PM

Thats just a BS response. It being a game thread is not an excuse to do be that over the top and negative every day.

#162 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,991 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:23 PM

Like I said, some people can't comprehend what a game thread is. And that's OK.

#163 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:24 PM

It's beyond idiotic to take a poster's comments so personally. Who cares? Does it change your life? Is it keeping you up at night? Let someone have their opinion and be done with it. Move on to the next thread or post. It's not complicated.

Agreed. I find many of the reactionary posts dumb, but with the exception of the one time I called baltbird24 Eeyore, I just accept them and move on.

Edit. I'd probably been drinking that time. 😋
  • Pedro Cerrano likes this

#164 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:26 PM

And I used to be there. Any long time poster will tell you that. It was and is cringy though. You dont need to press send every single time that BMore sports fan insecurity thought pops into your brain.

#165 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,991 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:30 PM

That's generally what the non-game thread topics are for. Some people like a vent, cheer, be reactionary to what's taking place as it is taking place.

Some people like to wait until the dust settles and be more rational.

Some people do both.

#166 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:30 PM

It's beyond idiotic to take a poster's comments so personally. Who cares? Does it change your life? Is it keeping you up at night? Let someone have their opinion and be done with it. Move on to the next thread or post. It's not complicated.

Its not an opinion. Its a lack of self control and it is selfish. It does ruin game threads for others. Maybe one day Ill just move on or ignore it. Today is not that day.

#167 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:31 PM

That's generally what the non-game thread topics are for. Some people like a vent, cheer, be reactionary to what's taking place as it is taking place.

Some people like to wait until the dust settles and be more rational.

Some people do both.

One day youll understand how cringy it is. Or maybe not. Maybe you carry it with you and do it your whole life. I hope not

#168 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,991 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:33 PM

Selfish. I've seen multiple lurkers comment over the years that they particularly don't engage in conversation because they don't want to interact with that guy. And being reactionary in a game thread is selfish.

#169 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:34 PM

And again its not really about being reactionary or being annoyed or upset. Its just using hyperbolic over the top untrue words. Tailspin never ever applied. Non competitive never ever applied. Its one thing to react. Its another to be wrong.

#170 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:39 PM

Thats just a BS response. It being a game thread is not an excuse to do be that over the top and negative every day.

That's an idiotic, immature response.  So what if someone's comment is over the top or negative?  Are you emotionally scarred for life because of it?  I'm serious, man.  If you get that upset and take it that personal, you either are employed by the Orioles/Ravens and resent anyone assailing your livelihood or you just have issues that probably need to be addressed.  I've got news for you- nobody takes you seriously nor do they take anything I say seriously.  If they do, they've got problems too.  If you don't agree with someone, just say so and explain why.  But do it without all the insults, arrogance and whatever personality traits you can't seem to control. You're the only one on here that has taken offense to virtually every member.  Stoner must have the patience of a saint.  You're lucky you're even still posting on here. 

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#171 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:40 PM

And again its not really about being reactionary or being annoyed or upset. Its just using hyperbolic over the top untrue words. Tailspin never ever applied. Non competitive never ever applied. Its one thing to react. Its another to be wrong.

Who cares? 

#172 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:50 PM

I wouldnt expect most BMore sports fans to understand. They are pig in crap when it comes to all the negativity. You can point out some people who dont post because they dont want to interact with the dickhead or the asshole. I know people who dont post or post often because the overwhelming tone around here is negative. Especially when it comes to the Orioles. Even during a start which is their best since '97 and one of the best in team history.

#173 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 06:00 PM

Really? You never take anything for granted but the strength of schedule matters. A .500 month at this point would be a disappointment.

Tor, TB, Chi Cubs, Sea, and Minn. Only the Cubs are on the bad side. I kinda take issue with calling the schedule light. These are teams either over .500 or at .500. I think they all have positive run diffs. It would be awesome to stack another winning month but .500 for June s fine considering some stuff they are dealing with. I think we should still expect this month to be a grind. It wont always be pretty but they will battle and compete.

#174 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 06:06 PM

I wouldnt expect most BMore sports fans to understand. They are pig in crap when it comes to all the negativity. You can point out some people who dont post because they dont want to interact with the dickhead or the asshole. I know people who dont post or post often because the overwhelming tone around here is negative. Especially when it comes to the Orioles. Even during a start which is their best since '97 and one of the best in team history.

Really?  I find most people on here are pretty positive and are enjoying the Oriole season so far.  You just can't handle someone disagreeing with you.  Big difference.  I would hope you have much more important things going on in your life than worrying about what some poster is saying about the Orioles. 

#175 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 06:09 PM

Yeah Im done taking serious someone who cant acknowledge the negative tone around the Os and Os management on this board.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#176 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 06:10 PM

17 games through the first weekend of July. And its a relatively light schedule.

2 at Tampa and 3 at Chicago Cubs.

12 at home against Seattle, Cincy, and Minnesota.

Anything less than 10-7 over that stretch will be disappointing.

We really need to take advantage of the June schedule. Looking ahead July's schedule is brutal. That's a month where .500 looks acceptable.
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#177 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 06:54 PM

We really need to take advantage of the June schedule. Looking ahead July's schedule is brutal. That's a month where .500 looks acceptable.

It's hard to project that far in advance.  By the time July rolls around some of those vaunted teams might be slumping or have key injuries, etc...take the John Harbaugh approach- one game at a time.  B-)

#178 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,697 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 June 2023 - 07:07 PM

Just saw the July schedule. Yeesh. Not pretty.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#179 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 07:14 PM

Just saw the July schedule. Yeesh. Not pretty.

July through mid Aug on paper is tough. No doubt about that. But the hope is reinforcments are here by late July. If not sooner. End of Aug lightens up a bit.

#180 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,697 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 June 2023 - 07:27 PM

July through mid Aug on paper is tough. No doubt about that. But the hope is reinforcments are here by late July. If not sooner. End of Aug lightens up a bit.

Light in August?

#nerd

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=