• 156,152 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 08:52 AM

Dean Kremer vs Kevin Gausman

#2 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 09:03 AM

First, I want to say that Gregg Olson's color commentary yesterday was great, and I would love him to join the O's broadcast team!  Secondly, Jorge Mateo needs to have an extended time off to get his head back into the game, both defensively and offensively.  

Greyson looked real good yesterday and I hope that was the start of him becoming the dominate pitcher he is capable of being.  Hopefully O'Hearn will get more PT as he deserves to play more vs RHPs.  Lastly, get the sweep O's, I hate the Jay's but enjoy looking out for Geddy Lee sitting behind the plate during the O's games. 

#3 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,651 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 10:14 AM

Love seeing Ortiz at SS. Mateo hasn't provided much of anything for a month now.

#4 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 10:21 AM

First, I want to say that Gregg Olson's color commentary yesterday was great, and I would love him to join the O's broadcast team!  Secondly, Jorge Mateo needs to have an extended time off to get his head back into the game, both defensively and offensively.  

Greyson looked real good yesterday and I hope that was the start of him becoming the dominate pitcher he is capable of being.  Hopefully O'Hearn will get more PT as he deserves to play more vs RHPs.  Lastly, get the sweep O's, I hate the Jay's but enjoy looking out for Geddy Lee sitting behind the plate during the O's games. 

I mentioned yesterday what a great job Olson did with color commentary. I think its time for Jim Palmer to retire and let Olson and Ben do color. They are both exceedingly better than Palmer.

#5 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,651 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 10:46 AM

Palmer definitely shows his age, but I'll still take him over most. Ben is obviously great, too and Olson does a fine job.

#6 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,266 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 21 May 2023 - 10:55 AM

I guess I just have much higher expectations. The results were fine but to me real good isn't throwing 91 pitches in 5 innings. Thats got to get you through 6. I guess I am just a throwback when starters were expected to go 6 innings and 7 on a really good day. 

#7 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 11:03 AM

Palmer definitely shows his age, but I'll still take him over most. Ben is obviously great, too and Olson does a fine job.

I don't mind Palmer talking or referencing baseball from when he played.  That's about the only thing I like about his color commentating. He just never shuts up.  Kevin Brown can barely get in a sentence.  Plus, I think Brown relates to Ben and Greg much better.  Better chemistry.  Jim just needs to call it a day and I notice he hasn't been on a telecast for quite a while.  

#8 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 21 May 2023 - 11:06 AM

Would be nice to have a vintage GasCan performance today
  • Mike in STL likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#9 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 11:06 AM

I guess I just have much higher expectations. The results were fine but to me real good isn't throwing 91 pitches in 5 innings. Thats got to get you through 6. I guess I am just a throwback when starters were expected to go 6 innings and 7 on a really good day. 

I agree with you.  I don't think Rodriguez threw that well yesterday.  A ton of pitches and some weren't anywhere near the plate.  Still has major command issues.  He got the outs when he needed to but like you said, 5 innings isn't going to cut it.  It would be nice for some starter to put up 7 innings for a change.  Considering the gigantic strikezone yesterday, Rodriguez should have done better. 

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#10 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 12:25 PM

Work has kept me from catching recent games. Excited to watch today

Seems like Gunnar is starting to find some hits.

I thought this was an interesting take from a major league scout

Henderson entered the series in Toronto with hits in six consecutive games and an on-base streak at nine. The average reached .202 on Thursday before dropping back down to .197.

“Henderson hasn’t been performing offensively and he’s going to go through his struggles,” the scout said, expressing confidence that the young infielder will get on track. “It’s really his first full season and he’s going to struggle. I don’t know the kid as well as you, but I talked to someone about him recently and I think he’s a high-strung guy who puts a lot of pressure on himself and beats himself up pretty hard.”

https://www.masnspor...their-prospects

#11 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 12:52 PM

Uh-oh.

#12 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 12:57 PM

Wow. LOL the Jays are feeling it tighten around their necks. 

Step on them!

#13 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 21 May 2023 - 12:57 PM

Nice. Love that inning ending play.

#14 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 21 May 2023 - 12:58 PM

Cut your hair, Bo, ya hippie! Oh, and yerrrr outta there!!!!
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#15 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,651 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 12:58 PM

Great job escaping damage there.

#16 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 12:59 PM

Bichette slower this year? Used to run a lot more

@bopper33

#17 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 01:00 PM

Work has kept me from catching recent games. Excited to watch today

Seems like Gunnar is starting to find some hits.

I thought this was an interesting take from a major league scout

https://www.masnspor...their-prospects

He was beside himself a couple times yesterday.

#18 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 01:01 PM

I will say that SkyDome is a solid place to take in a game when the roof is open. Toronto is a great town

@bopper33

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 01:02 PM

I will say that SkyDome is a solid place to take in a game when the roof is open. Toronto is a great town

Never been. Always heard an amazing, huge, clean, cosmopolitan city.

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 01:03 PM

Skydome seemed so futuristic when it opened in 89.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=