202 replies to this topic

#201 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 08:46 PM

The two runs Irvin gave up in the 4th were the most frustrating. If memory serves, he got two quick outs, gave up a weak single, and then totally lost my support by walking the #8 and #9 batters. Inexcusable walking the very bottom of the order.

On a possibly related note. From a long distance of 400+ feet away, it appeared Irvin may have been squeezed a few times by the HP Ump. Did anybody observe that on TV?

HP umps were inconsistent all series. Like, they were bad. 

#202 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,757 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 13 April 2023 - 08:46 PM

1) Glad they won today, needed at least 3 of 4 against a terrible team, but ugh, they sure do make it hard.  For all the other comments, they still won and it's all we'll probably remember (ie the record) a couple months from now.

2) So disappointed in Irvin.  I had considered him an option earlier in the offseason but kind of talked myself out of it.  When they acquired him and discussion was about his command and how he had added additional (maybe) velocity, that seemed to really be something to work with.  Something that could surprise.....but he's been terrible....and it's only 3 starts so no over-reaction, but where's the command?  The whole "Division" stuff is weak sauce.  You played in the Majors last year.  Let's go....this feels a little like the Wade Miley situation where you got a guy that should be better than he's performing because he's [anxious?] about being the AL East.

3) Through 13 games the pitching and defense has been incredibly shaky.  I can't ever remember a team playing this consistently poorly on defense.  We don't seem to have made (only 3 games, got it) any real gains in pitching.

4) 7-6 isn't terrible, but this is really the easy part (+ coming up) of the schedule and they need to build some buffer into the record heading into the second week of May.  Even though they are 7-6, they are keeping the other team in the Game most nights which is a recipe for failure over 162.  

#203 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 06:03 AM

HP umps were inconsistent all series. Like, they were bad. 

All of them need to go.  Bring on the robo umps. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=