ESPN: NFL Week 13 picks, schedule, odds, injuries, fantasy tips

https://www.espn.com...ries-stats-2023

#382 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 157,582 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 09:07 AM

The Ringer: Five Questions That Will Decide Eagles-49ers—and Maybe the Entire NFC

#383 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 07:25 PM

Patriots did themselves a favor today by losing to the Chargers, 6-0. Justin Herbert went six shutout innings for the Bolts.

New England now has the No. 2 position in next year's draft. They need that and more.

#384 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 07:32 PM

Man, the Niners are putting a major whooping on the Eagles right now. I guess the oddsmakers knew what they were doing when they made San Fran three-point favorites. The most aggression the Iggles showed all game was when Dom DiSandro went mano a mano with Niners' linebacker Dre Greenlaw. Dom DiSandro, it should be noted, is the Eagles' head of security.

I'm kind of disappointed in the Eagles fans who started leaving in the fourth quarter. I didn't think they'd miss a chance to keep booing until the clock hit 00:00.

#385 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 07:33 PM

Patriots did themselves a favor today by losing to the Chargers, 6-0. Justin Herbert went six shutout innings for the Bolts.

New England now has the No. 2 position in next year's draft. They need that and more.

That Thursday game with the Steelers is looking exciting. The O/U should be about 13.

• You Play to Win the Game and mdrunning like this

#386 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 157,582 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 08:10 PM

Man, the Niners are putting a major whooping on the Eagles right now. I guess the oddsmakers knew what they were doing when they made San Fran three-point favorites. The most aggression the Iggles showed all game was when Dom DiSandro went mano a mano with Niners' linebacker Dre Greenlaw. Dom DiSandro, it should be noted, is the Eagles' head of security.

I'm kind of disappointed in the Eagles fans who started leaving in the fourth quarter. I didn't think they'd miss a chance to keep booing until the clock hit 00:00.

Expected SF to win.  Didn't think it would be that much of a beating.

#387 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,720 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 11:26 PM

Football baby. The calls that make no sense. The non calls that make no sense.

#388 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 11:27 PM

One of the worst non PI calls I have ever seen, at least since the New Orleans / Rams championship game.  The receiver for KC got absolutely mugged on a deep pass and it was not called.  I get that the refs in the NFL are bad, but that is beyond bad.  That needs to be investigated.  Some of these guys may have financial interests in who wins these games.

#389 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 11:30 PM

Shocker, GB gets a favorable call late in the game.

#390 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,926 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 December 2023 - 11:30 PM

Football baby. The calls that make no sense. The non calls that make no sense.

All over the league. The rules and enforcement decisions evolve every week. It’s certifiably insane. I think the NFL has made the calculated decision that the drama it stirs up outweighs fixing the problem.

#391 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,720 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 11:37 PM

One of the worst non PI calls I have ever seen, at least since the New Orleans / Rams championship game. The receiver for KC got absolutely mugged on a deep pass and it was not called. I get that the refs in the NFL are bad, but that is beyond bad. That needs to be investigated. Some of these guys may have financial interests in who wins these games.

That one in particular was bad and obvious. Also the refs are further away for the most part than any other officials. Its not easy. Especially in football. With all that said, the game is a game where fouls are committed an overwhelming amount of times. So when you are so often asking refs to determine which ones to throw the flag on and how often to do it. Its just a very tainted product. You get too many games where you feel like the officials solely determine the winner. Not the teams.

#392 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,720 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 11:44 PM

All over the league. The rules and enforcement decisions evolve every week. It’s certifiably insane. I think the NFL has made the calculated decision that the drama it stirs up outweighs fixing the problem.

Absolutely all over the league. Every single week. Multiple times. I think they understand its a game of fouls. But you also want game flow and not a bunch of stoppages. So you tell the officials to try to determine the level of fouls and which ones to enforce vs just enforcing every one you see. Its all flawed with no real solution.

#393 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 10:51 AM

When you're in bed with gambling, bad calls are expected.

#394 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:02 AM

When you're in bed with gambling, bad calls are expected.

I’m not that cynical. Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence.

#395 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,797 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:23 PM

Jacksonville lost Trevor Lawrence to what looks like a serious ankle injury. That should make them ineligible for the playoffs.

• CantonJester likes this

#396 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,926 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:45 PM

Browning is the reason the Bengals won tonight.

#397 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:54 PM

Jacksonville lost Trevor Lawrence to what looks like a serious ankle injury. That should make them ineligible for the playoffs.

So true. Because football is not a team sport. The NCAA really gets it.

#398 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 157,582 posts

Posted 05 December 2023 - 05:46 PM

The Ringer: NFL Power Rankings: The 49ers Are the Class of the NFL

#399 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 157,582 posts