BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 January 2023 - 10:14 AM

Written by yours truly.

https://www.pitcherl...ball-prospects/
  • BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game, glenn__davis and 6 others like this

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 10:27 AM

Impressively deep list. I'd pick guys other than Hernaiz and especially Povich at the end, BSL August update also had them much lower, but that's a small squabble.

Is there any fantasy implications to this? It's in the headline but doesn't appear to be at all a part of the article. Looks just like a straight Orioles top-15 without emphasis on current fantasy value or even dynasty value.

#3 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 January 2023 - 10:32 AM

This is my personal top 15. Yeah it’s technically a fantasy list but I didn’t really adjust for that much tbh.

The August update was a cumulative list of Zach, Nick, and I’s at the time post draft and trade deadline. We’re revealing our new one now daily on our Patreon (full 50 will be posted here and discussed on the podcast in February) and spoiler alert Hernaiz and Povich will be much more in line with the above.

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 January 2023 - 11:15 AM

Nice work Bob.  

• BobPhelan likes this
@mikeghg

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 11:46 AM

This is my personal top 15. Yeah it’s technically a fantasy list but I didn’t really adjust for that much tbh.

The August update was a cumulative list of Zach, Nick, and I’s at the time post draft and trade deadline. We’re revealing our new one now daily on our Patreon (full 50 will be posted here and discussed on the podcast in February) and spoiler alert Hernaiz and Povich will be much more in line with the above.

Hernaiz finished quite hot and is still very young, so I get that rise a lot more than Povich.  I feel compelled to continue to compare him to Rom, very similar stats overall, both scuffled down the stretch, but Rom was doing it at a higher level at the same age.  Scouts trump stats, I get, but I have a hard time thinking that Povich simply looks so much better that he leapfrogs Rom given the age/level difference.

I think I'd prefer Basallo to Hernaiz and definitely prefer Rom to Povich, but like I said its a small squabble.  I've also got no idea what to do with Kjerstad.  He could be #3 or outside the top-20 after the first half of 2023. 

• BobPhelan likes this

#6 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 January 2023 - 11:59 AM

Povich’s stuff is better than Rom’s but that’s not a slight to Rom and like you noted Rom has more/similar success at a higher level.

For the record I have Rom 16th and Basallo 17th so we’re pretty similar there.

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 04:50 PM

Whats Pitcher List

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 05:09 PM

Hernaiz finished quite hot and is still very young, so I get that rise a lot more than Povich. I feel compelled to continue to compare him to Rom, very similar stats overall, both scuffled down the stretch, but Rom was doing it at a higher level at the same age. Scouts trump stats, I get, but I have a hard time thinking that Povich simply looks so much better that he leapfrogs Rom given the age/level difference.

I think I'd prefer Basallo to Hernaiz and definitely prefer Rom to Povich, but like I said its a small squabble. I've also got no idea what to do with Kjerstad. He could be #3 or outside the top-20 after the first half of 2023.

Still quite worried about Kjerstad. The lack of walks and Ks are a huge red flag.

#9 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 January 2023 - 05:47 PM

Whats Pitcher List

Really good (mostly) fantasy baseball website.

#10 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 06:04 PM

Really good (mostly) fantasy baseball website.

Congrats on the gig and well played getting the OTV plug in at the end of the article. 

• BobPhelan likes this

#11 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 January 2023 - 06:21 PM

Congrats on the gig and well played getting the OTV plug in at the end of the article.

Thanks man. Had to haha.

#12 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 05 January 2023 - 12:29 PM

Great stuff Bob.

And I had no idea that Beavers didn't have a HR last year.  What a weird little stat quirk there.

• BobPhelan likes this

#13 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 January 2023 - 01:29 PM

Great stuff Bob.

And I had no idea that Beavers didn't have a HR last year. What a weird little stat quirk there.

Thanks!

He did hit one during the Aberdeen playoffs but technically it didn’t count towards his season stats haha.

#14 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 05 January 2023 - 03:43 PM

I would like to know if Jean Pinto wasn't available for this list because he's already in the HoF.

That is a joke.  Good stuff as always.

• BobPhelan likes this

#15 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 January 2023 - 03:50 PM

Pinto didn’t take the big jump I was hoping for but I’m still a big fan haha.

#16 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 05 January 2023 - 04:09 PM

Bob, I was a little curious if you'd respond to the other thread I started 17 v T5 (relates to stuff like this)

#17 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 January 2023 - 04:22 PM

Bob, I was a little curious if you'd respond to the other thread I started 17 v T5 (relates to stuff like this)

Sure. Which one? 17 v T5 is going over my head at the moment.

#18 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 05 January 2023 - 04:49 PM

Sure. Which one? 17 v T5 is going over my head at the moment.

In the Amateur Draft section 

If you drafted 17th versus top 5 the last 3 years.

#19 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 January 2023 - 06:13 PM

Have fun Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=