357 replies to this topic

#201 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 02:50 PM

I imagine Reese would love to have HD, and get time at the 4.

Reese is obviously not a 5 as a pro.

Yeah Dickinson is a 7 footer. Reese is listed at 6-9. If he wants to show himself to future employers there should be no problem with having Dickinson around. It should take some pressure off in fact.

#202 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 02:54 PM

I imagine Reese would love to have HD, and get time at the 4.  

Reese is obviously not a 5 as a pro.   

Reese has ALOT of improving to do if he has a desire to be anything other than a 5.  

#203 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 02:56 PM

Reese has ALOT of improving to do if he has a desire to be anything other than a 5.  

He's got a lot of improvement period to be an NBA player, but he's not a pro 5 anywhere. 

He's closer to a 4, but he's going to need to show some improved skills to be a stretch 4. 

#204 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,497 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 April 2023 - 03:17 PM

He's got a lot of improvement period to be an NBA player, but he's not a pro 5 anywhere. 

He's closer to a 4, but he's going to need to show some improved skills to be a stretch 4. 

PF is obviously Reese's position if he is to have a future in the NBA. But he has a long way to go for that to be an option for him. His shooting range must extend, and the curious case of his shooting #s seem to belie the strides he made last season. Did anyone try to do a deeper dive into why his FT shooting plummeted from 80% his freshman season to 53%? He went to the line 51 times as a freshman, so not that small a sample size that would say it's just regression to the mean. And even for a big, 53% is terrible.

But back to what it means for MD, I just don't see Dickinson, Reese and Scott on the floor together being an efficient offense, unless Donta can go back to being the player he was his sophomore year when he averaged nearly 44% from 3 on 3.6 attempts per game.

#205 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:53 PM

IMS: Hunter Dickinson breaks his silence, talks visit plans, Maryland fans and more

https://247sports.co...more-208255256/

"Maryland, I know it everybody always thinks, a lot of people get this misconstrued. A lot of my -- like, all my comments from Maryland were towards one individual person. It was never the university, never the players, never the [fans]. I might have had like one or two comments about the fans, but yeah, it wasn't the university as a whole. So I feel like people get that misconstrued. And they hired Mike Jones, so everybody knows who Mike Jones is."

"Some people were telling me," he said, "'Yeah a lot of Maryland fans we got to delete a lot of tweets about me."

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#206 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:55 PM

That sounds like he’s coming to MD honestly. Damn. I’m trying not to get my hopes up. And I’ve kinda not liked him much, but would obviously immediately get over that. What an X factor type acquisition this could be. I still think they need at least one more shooter off the bench, even with the new guy, but with that and Dickinson, and the people we’ve retained, this is a top 10-15 team heading into the year IMO.
  • makoman likes this

#207 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,357 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 07:22 PM

That sounds like he’s coming to MD honestly. Damn. I’m trying not to get my hopes up. And I’ve kinda not liked him much, but would obviously immediately get over that. What an X factor type acquisition this could be. I still think they need at least one more shooter off the bench, even with the new guy, but with that and Dickinson, and the people we’ve retained, this is a top 10-15 team heading into the year IMO.

They got to have some guards. I know the freshmen are guards but still. We know how important guard play usually is in March

#208 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 April 2023 - 07:25 PM

They got to have some guards. I know the freshmen are guards but still. We know how important guard play usually is in March

Young being back is huge. Another sharp shooting upper classmen guard would be nice for sure.

#209 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,357 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 07:26 PM

Even another PG

#210 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 09:11 PM

Yeah their primary guard and ball handler is a 5th year senior. Can't complain about that. They could use experience elsewhere but Young is it. 

#211 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 12 April 2023 - 09:46 PM

I didn't watch a ton of basketball this year, but it seemed like Reese was just fine in the high post. I'm more concerned about finding minutes for Scott. Hart is probably the best fit at the 3, with another shooter at 2, but that leaves Scott as the odd man out unless he suddenly figures out how to drain a 3 pointer.

On the bright side, being more than 1 player deep in the post is going to be huge.

#212 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 April 2023 - 10:25 PM

I didn't watch a ton of basketball this year, but it seemed like Reese was just fine in the high post. I'm more concerned about finding minutes for Scott. Hart is probably the best fit at the 3, with another shooter at 2, but that leaves Scott as the odd man out unless he suddenly figures out how to drain a 3 pointer.

On the bright side, being more than 1 player deep in the post is going to be huge.

Hart has left the program and will be playing elsewhere next season.
@BSLZackKiesel

#213 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 13 April 2023 - 10:44 AM

Hart has left the program and will be playing elsewhere next season.

Damn, I don't keep up with the news.

Well, maybe we can pick up a shooter from the portal?

#214 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,497 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 April 2023 - 12:01 PM

Scott shot 44% from three on 3.6 attempts per game his sophomore season. If he can get that form back, he can play on the wing.

#215 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 April 2023 - 10:20 AM

Hunter Dickinson is set to visit Maryland’s campus this weekend. Also visiting Georgetown.

He’ll also reportedly be visiting Kansas next week.
@BSLZackKiesel

#216 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 12:02 PM

He’ll also reportedly be visiting Kansas next week.

Then my money is on him going to Kansas. Kinda feel like he's just trolling Maryland with the visit.

#217 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 12:56 PM

Kinda feel like he's just trolling Maryland with the visit.

Would have to respect the pure bitterness at least a little bit if this is the case.

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#218 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 April 2023 - 04:55 PM

So, Dickinson is visiting Georgetown today and Maryland tomorrow. Kansas visit is scheduled for Thursday. There’s no timeline on a final decision that I know of, but we may know as early as next weekend.
@BSLZackKiesel

#219 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 April 2023 - 10:11 AM

So, Dickinson is visiting Georgetown today and Maryland tomorrow. Kansas visit is scheduled for Thursday. There’s no timeline on a final decision that I know of, but we may know as early as next weekend.

If I was a betting man, I would say he goes to Kansas.

I hope Maryland has other irons in the fire, for adding a big.

@mikeghg

#220 BoomerFT

BoomerFT
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 April 2023 - 12:54 PM

Very unlikely Dickinson comes to Md, with his NIL value being so high. As far as his comments go, has alienated other teams as well, such as Wisconsin & Michigan St. among others. I would be shocked if he comes to MD or G'town, probably Kansas or Kentucky. He won a national championship in HS & is probably looking for one in college. His NBA stock is just not there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=