357 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 12:03 PM

Carey, Hart, Emilien, Revaz are gone.

5/16 EDIT: Cornish to the Portal, Young back, Stephens added, Scott back, Revaz gone, Geronimo added, Martinez gone, Dziuba gone, Traore added

Incoming:

Jamie Kaiser, SF, 6'6, 200 4 star 48th Nationally per 247
DeShawn Harris-Smith, SF, 6'4, 180 4 star 54th Nationally
Jahnathan Lamothe, SG, 6'4, 180 4 star 122nd Nationally
Braden Pierce, C, 7', 230, 3 star
Chance Stephens, G, 6'3, 185, Loyola Marymount Transfer
Jordan Geronimo, F, 6'6, 220, Indiana Transfer
Mady Traore, C, 6'11, 220, New Mexico State Transfer

Currently something like:

Guards: Young, Harris-Smith, Stephens, Long, Lamothe
Wings: Kaiser, Geronimo, Batchelor

Bigs: Reese, Scott, Traore, Swanton-Rodger, Pierce

#2 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 January 2023 - 12:25 PM

It's almost impossible to project with the transfer portal. I could definitely see Reese leaving if this year continues to go poorly for him, always thought he was likely to leave anyway with his sister now at LSU. Cornish is having trouble finding minutes, could definitely see him being gone.

I like the class coming in, and it'll obviously have to be bolstered through the portal.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 12:29 PM

It's almost impossible to project with the transfer portal. I could definitely see Reese leaving if this year continues to go poorly for him, always thought he was likely to leave anyway with his sister now at LSU. Cornish is having trouble finding minutes, could definitely see him being gone.

I like the class coming in, and it'll obviously have to be bolstered through the portal.

Yup some guys will still be around but it seems nearly impossible to try to predict which ones stay and which ones go.

#4 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,274 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 03 January 2023 - 12:59 PM

Agree that outside of the incoming freshmen that have signed, I don't think there is anyone who is a lock for next year's roster. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there is very significant turnover. And given the shortcomings we've seen in spots, that wouldn't be the worst thing.

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 01:23 PM

Agree that outside of the incoming freshmen that have signed, I don't think there is anyone who is a lock for next year's roster. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there is very significant turnover. And given the shortcomings we've seen in spots, that wouldn't be the worst thing.

Agree here as well. Would welcome significant turnover.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 01:31 PM

You are already losing 5 guys...   that's significant. 

Batchelor, Swanton-Rodger, and Long....  Willard brought them in. 

So we're talking about about Reese, Martinez, Cornish, Dziuba, and Revaz... and really talking about Reese, Martinez, and Cornish. 

Obviously have to see how the rest of the year plays out. 

#7 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,274 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 03 January 2023 - 01:49 PM

Batchelor, Swanton-Rodger, and Long....  Willard brought them in. 

I don't think that assures their return.

Obviously this is a subject that has always been speculative at this stage of the year, but with the loosening of transfer rules it's become a total crapshoot. One of the very few certainties I'd feel comfortable projecting right now is that next season's roster will feature multiple contributing players that are completely off our radar.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 01:49 PM

IMS: Could Jahmir Young return to Maryland basketball for an extra season?

https://247sports.co...wEUBAVOStWjScAU

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 08:03 AM

PressBox: Fox Sports Radio’s Doug Gottlieb: ‘No Reason’ For Terps PG Jahmir Young To Leave

#10 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 March 2023 - 08:35 AM

PressBox: Fox Sports Radio’s Doug Gottlieb: ‘No Reason’ For Terps PG Jahmir Young To Leave

And like I mentioned on Talking Terps, I see no reason for him to stay. He’s shown his full game at the highest level. It’s not like he’s still developing, the only thing that really happens if he comes back is he gets even older. Fully expect him to leave.
  • Mackus and Mike B like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,365 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 08:44 AM

And like I mentioned on Talking Terps, I see no reason for him to stay. He’s shown his full game at the highest level. It’s not like he’s still developing, the only thing that really happens if he comes back is he gets even older. Fully expect him to leave.

Agree.  Maybe if Terps had a bigger NIL pipeline we could throw enough money at him to convince him to stay another year, but it doesn't seem like that's the case.

People often denigrate the idea of playing overseas, but I can't think of many greater lifestyles than living in Rome or Barcelona or or Tokyo and making hundreds of thousands of dollars in your early 20s.  Selfishly as a Terps fan I hope that he stays, but I think he leaves and starts a pro career someplace.

Do respect that Gottleib at least gave some valid reasons for staying and didn't just scoff at the idea of any basketball that isn't the NBA.  Further endearing yourself to the fanbase can have future value, albeit maybe not monetary.

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 March 2023 - 01:24 PM

Yea, I agree.  I don't think he is an NBA player but I think he could make a nice living playing ball over seas.  I hope we are both wrong though.

@mikeghg

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 11:24 PM

Will be interesting to see what names emerge in the portal.

#14 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 March 2023 - 11:59 PM

Timberlake from Towson is the first one I've heard. Would be a solid sharpshooting option.

@BSLZackKiesel

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 March 2023 - 12:00 AM

Love Timberlake. I’m no scout and couldn’t tell you how his game could translate at the next level, but he is an alpha. A leader too. Jumps out.

#16 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,115 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 03:25 PM

Definitely need someone who can shoot because it's not going to be anyone currently on the roster.

#17 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 March 2023 - 06:21 PM

Willard apparently targeting former Florida G Kowacie Reeves. He’s a former 4-star recruit, and was a Top 50 player in the country coming out of high school. Hasn’t lived up to that potential during his first two seasons, but is extremely long and has the ability to be a top-notch scorer while playing either guard position.

https://247sports.co...eves-206824734/
@BSLZackKiesel

#18 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,115 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 09:04 PM

Willard apparently targeting former Florida G Kowacie Reeves. He’s a former 4-star recruit, and was a Top 50 player in the country coming out of high school. Hasn’t lived up to that potential during his first two seasons, but is extremely long and has the ability to be a top-notch scorer while playing either guard position.

https://247sports.co...eves-206824734/

Yikes. Another <30% 3Pt shooter.

#19 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 March 2023 - 09:55 PM

It is that time of the year but hopefully they are able to get a few pieces to augment the 4 incoming freshman.

@mikeghg

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 08:15 AM

Saw a note that not only can Young return, that Scott and Hart also have that option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=