• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,367 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 09:53 AM

ESPN's Matchup Predictor gives the Ravens a 88.2% chance of winning. 

The Ravens are 12.5 point favorites. 

The over / under is 44.

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 11:15 AM

Anything can happen in the NFL, and Carolina has a reasonably good defense, but I'd be bitterly, bitterly disappointed with a loss in this game.

#3 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 11:51 AM

Unless the Ravens are turning the ball over and playing in a trance, I don't see how you can lose this game. It would be a shocking loss. I'm not expecting any huge blowout but it would be pretty embarrassing to not win by at least 10-14 points.

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,652 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 November 2022 - 12:28 PM

ESPN's Matchup Predictor gives the Ravens a 88.2% chance of winning. 

The Ravens are 12.5 point favorites. 

The over / under is 44.

I think our old friend Baker is going to take a beating.  I am looking forward to Sunday.  It feels like a year since we have had a Sunday  home game.

@mikeghg

#5 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 01:08 PM

With Baker at QB I think they have a better chance to make this a game. But that said I think we still win by 3 scores pretty handily.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 03:17 PM

Ravens 31 Panthers 16

Easy win for the good guys.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#7 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,652 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 November 2022 - 02:37 PM

Andrews did not practice today.  It would not surprise me to see him get another week.

@mikeghg

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 02:47 PM

Andrews did not practice today. It would not surprise me to see him get another week.

Take as long as you need
  • JStruds likes this

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 03:43 PM

Likely is making me miss Andrews less and less.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 November 2022 - 06:06 PM

Likely is making me miss Andrews less and less.

Not sure I'd go that far, but considering the next opponent and Likely's contributions and potential, Andrews sitting one more week is fine with me.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#11 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 06:23 PM

According to Channel 11 sports, both Andrews and Edwards practiced but were limited. I have a feeling they both play.

#12 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 08:57 PM

Personally, I would sit anyone not 100% or near to it.  I think the Ravens had a better chance of losing to the bye week than to the Baker Mayfield led Panthers.  Nothing against Baker, who can show flashes, but the Panthers don't have much anywhere.  This has blowout of the week written all over it.   The only way it isn't is if the Ravens just kept partying after their mini vacation.  Ravens 37  Panthers 6.  

#13 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 10:03 PM

Andrews did not practice today.  It would not surprise me to see him get another week.

We have enough at TE, I'm good with that

#14 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 10:04 PM

According to Channel 11 sports, both Andrews and Edwards practiced but were limited. I have a feeling they both play.

I hope they don't. They're not needed for this game. 

#15 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 10:11 PM

Just gonna put it out there - 4 of Baker's 5 best performances have evidently come against the Ravens.

I don't think Baker or the Panthers are good, but when you disrespect your opponent enough the football gods have a way of reminding you that every player on the field is a professional, and anything can happen. It's not like Carolina is Murray State or something. Play your guys if they're good enough to go.

#16 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 06:31 AM

Andrews and Edwards should play if they are healthy. You can always pull them if you get ahead.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#17 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 November 2022 - 10:42 AM

Just gonna put it out there - 4 of Baker's 5 best performances have evidently come against the Ravens.

I don't think Baker or the Panthers are good, but when you disrespect your opponent enough the football gods have a way of reminding you that every player on the field is a professional, and anything can happen. It's not like Carolina is Murray State or something. Play your guys if they're good enough to go.

I guarantee you that the coaches and players are not taking any opponent lightly or disrespecting them. 

On the other hand, the fans' collective of the opinion of the opponent has no bearing on the outcome of the game and we're free to tell it like it is; the Panthers stink and the double digit line is completely warranted.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#18 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 10:47 AM

I guarantee you that the coaches and players are not taking any opponent lightly or disrespecting them.

On the other hand, the fans' collective of the opinion of the opponent has no bearing on the outcome of the game and we're free to tell it like it is; the Panthers stink and the double digit line is completely warranted.

You guarantee it?

How many times have we seen a team looking past an opponent they perceive as weak and get surprised? They're only human. I don't believe for a second that it's unreasonable to think they might view this game as a walkover.

#19 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 10:47 AM

He needs to get in his hedge. Can say I told you so if they pull the big upset.

#20 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 10:49 AM

He needs to get in his hedge. Can say I told you so if they pull the big upset.

Literally never said they'd get upset, or even implied it. I just dont want them starting their second string because they view this as a second bye week.

Can you read? Need to return to school?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=