428 replies to this topic

#21 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 11:23 AM

Harbaugh is great coming out of byes. So that offsets any irrational fear that Mayfield loves playing the Ravens. slidemaster is just doing slidemaster things. This team will be ready. Doesnt guarantee a win for us but we arent overlooking another NFL team. Thats fodder for uninformed unintelligent fans

#22 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 11:29 AM

Harbs is 11-3 after the bye.

I don't have anything more recent, but as of December 2020, according to a Hensley tweet, he was 29-1 as double digit favorite.

Harbaugh has his faults, but getting his guys ready after the bye or against bad teams isn't one of them.

#23 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 11:49 AM

Andrews did not practice today. It would not surprise me to see him get another week.

I hope he takes the next 2 weeks off. Bring him back in December when he's as close to 100% as he can get. To get to where we want to get we're gonna need a healthy Andrews in the playoffs.

#24 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 11:54 AM

Just gonna put it out there - 4 of Baker's 5 best performances have evidently come against the Ravens.

I don't think Baker or the Panthers are good, but when you disrespect your opponent enough the football gods have a way of reminding you that every player on the field is a professional, and anything can happen. It's not like Carolina is Murray State or something. Play your guys if they're good enough to go.

Wold you rather face the Panthers without Andrews and Edwards or the Chiefs or Bills with a banged up Edwards and Andrews? I know which one I'm picking.
  • Mike B likes this

#25 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 11:58 AM

Wold you rather face the Panthers without Andrews and Edwards or the Chiefs or Bills with a banged up Edwards and Andrews? I know which one I'm picking.

We have 8 more weeks until the first round of the playoffs. With that mindset, let's just sit them the rest of the year. Let's get Huntley out there too. Keep Lamar fresh for the playoffs.

#26 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 11:59 AM

Harbaugh is great coming out of byes. So that offsets any irrational fear that Mayfield loves playing the Ravens. slidemaster is just doing slidemaster things. This team will be ready. Doesnt guarantee a win for us but we arent overlooking another NFL team. Thats fodder for uninformed unintelligent fans

Me saying we shouldn't overlook anyone is "Slidemaster things," and then in the next sentence you say the team will be ready to play?

Almost sounds like those two things are the same thing. I must be pretty smart.

#27 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 November 2022 - 01:30 PM

I hope he takes the next 2 weeks off. Bring him back in December when he's as close to 100% as he can get. To get to where we want to get we're gonna need a healthy Andrews in the playoffs.

I think that may be the plan, but he did come out on the practice field after the media left yesterday, so who knows.

The injury report comes out today, so we will have a better idea, soon.

@mikeghg

#28 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 November 2022 - 02:53 PM

Andrews, DJax and JAD not on the field for the media part of practice.

Everyone else was out there.  Including JPP, Ojabo and Edwards.

@mikeghg

#29 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 05:06 PM

We have 8 more weeks until the first round of the playoffs. With that mindset, let's just sit them the rest of the year. Let's get Huntley out there too. Keep Lamar fresh for the playoffs.

We both know this has very little to do with what we're talking about. The last time we saw Andrews he was dealing with a shoulder, an ankle and a knee. He might not be 100% again until the off season. As for Edwards, a running back with a hamstring injury can be very tricky to deal with. Any coaching staff that's not looking at this and the schedule is being grossly negligent. We won't hear about this publicly but behind closed doors you better believe the coaches and trainers are discussing it.

#30 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 05:32 PM

We both know this has very little to do with what we're talking about. The last time we saw Andrews he was dealing with a shoulder, an ankle and a knee. He might not be 100% again until the off season. As for Edwards, a running back with a hamstring injury can be very tricky to deal with. Any coaching staff that's not looking at this and the schedule is being grossly negligent. We won't hear about this publicly but behind closed doors you better believe the coaches and trainers are discussing it.

Players will risk injury even after they're "healthy." It's the nature of the game. The logic of holding them out this week if they're ready to go can be applied to any week.

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 06:17 PM

Ravens TE Mark Andrews when asked if he will play Sunday: “You never know.” Andrews said: “I’ve been dying to get out there.” He’s dealing with shoulder and knee injuries.

#32 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 November 2022 - 11:25 AM

Ravens TE Mark Andrews when asked if he will play Sunday: “You never know.” Andrews said: “I’ve been dying to get out there.” He’s dealing with shoulder and knee injuries.

I think that is a NO.

Let him have another week.

@mikeghg

#33 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 01:21 PM

Yeah, "you never know" isn't promising.

Anyone who is healthy should play, I don't agree with holding guys out just cause it's a bad opponent, but it doesn't sound like he's there yet.

#34 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 02:08 PM

Lamar missed practice today due to illness, Harbs said he's expected to play Sunday. 

#35 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 02:39 PM

Lamar missed practice today due to illness, Harbs said he's expected to play Sunday. 

It wouldn't be a Ravens season without Lamar getting sick at least once. 

#36 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 November 2022 - 03:19 PM

I was talking to a friend yesterday and he said LJ has had a sick day yet.  Hopefully he is okay for Sunday.

@mikeghg

#37 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 November 2022 - 04:22 PM

Andrews practiced fully today...Gus was limited.

A number of people got a veterans day off.

@mikeghg

#38 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,359 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 04:31 PM

A number of people got a veterans day off.

That was last week

#39 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 12:06 AM

It wouldn't be a Ravens season without Lamar getting sick at least once.

Is he really sick or is he taking the day off? I'm not sure if we really know the truth.

#40 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 01:24 PM

Is he really sick or is he taking the day off? I'm not sure if we really know the truth.

According to Harbaugh, he tried to get out there yesterday but was too sick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=