341 replies to this topic

#301 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 06:26 AM

Look forward to watching the recording. Until then, will refrain from any analysis/comments.

#302 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,997 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 06:46 AM

https://imgur.com/a/gouTsFu

Misleading angle. The top down it looked like if he was out, it was only just barely touching the line. No chance at overturning based on the video.

#303 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 07:37 AM

Did not see much of the game but it sounds like it was a pretty dominant performance by the Ravens. It also sounds like they figured out what they do well offensively and are not trying to be something they are not.

Defense was on, probably helps that Dalton isn't much threat to move the pocket. Roquan Smith looked like a dominant pro bowler, and free'd up space for others to attack. Roman threw in his obligatory "let's go 3 straight passes, burn no clock, and see if we can't hand over some momentum" to basically kick off the 4th quarter, but the defense did their thing and the Ravens went run heavy the rest of the way.

#304 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 08:42 AM

In fairness to Clark, I've seen late hits called where the ref hasn't blown the whistle and the runner was hit after 2 steps OOB. It's a really tough judgement call to make.

He looked out to me. Can’t really blame the players too much on that one.
  • Mackus likes this

#305 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 November 2022 - 08:58 AM

In a game with no Andrews and no Bateman, how does Devin Duvernay only get 2 touches? Duvernay is the best overall skill position players on the team and he needs to be involved in the offense. Roman should be scheming touches for DD.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#306 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 09:54 AM

In a game with no Andrews and no Bateman, how does Devin Duvernay only get 2 touches? Duvernay is the best overall skill position players on the team and he needs to be involved in the offense. Roman should be scheming touches for DD.

Is there any rhyme or reason to what Roman does sometimes?  His problem is he has a playbook the size of an Encyclopedia and he gets too cute for his own good.  Way too many times. 

#307 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,997 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 10:19 AM

There is so much less to talk about after a really strong performance.

#308 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 10:25 AM

I know.  Funny how the human personality works.  Very few people that don't love a unified, community based bitch session.  :-P

#309 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 November 2022 - 10:34 AM

It's tough to find fault with a double digit road win while still missing key players from each skill group but there's still room for improvement.

My biggest concern is Lamar's propensity to hold the ball and as a result, have to escape the pocket. He gets to the top of his drop and hesitates quite a bit; I have to see what's going on there. Is he not trusting what he's seeing? Or are we running to many slow/long developing routes?
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#310 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 10:59 AM

It's tough to find fault with a double digit road win while still missing key players from each skill group but there's still room for improvement.

My biggest concern is Lamar's propensity to hold the ball and as a result, have to escape the pocket. He gets to the top of his drop and hesitates quite a bit; I have to see what's going on there. Is he not trusting what he's seeing? Or are we running to many slow/long developing routes?

Unfortunately, it's one of the weaknesses in Lamar's game and I don't think it's fixable other than calling for quick hitters.  When he's forced to scan the field and go through his progressions in the face of pressure, he just has a hard time of it.  I mean, most quarterbacks do but the elite passers will make you pay for the pressure more often than not.  Lamar just isn't one of those guys and probably never will be.  

#311 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 November 2022 - 11:06 AM

Unfortunately, it's one of the weaknesses in Lamar's game and I don't think it's fixable other than calling for quick hitters. When he's forced to scan the field and go through his progressions in the face of pressure, he just has a hard time of it. I mean, most quarterbacks do but the elite passers will make you pay for the pressure more often than not. Lamar just isn't one of those guys and probably never will be.

Jackson has been very good against the blitz so it's not dealing with pressure per se. Lamar seems to have issues when the pocket is clean and he gets to his back foot. He will hold the ball, hesitate, then allow protection to break down, then have to escape. It's certainly an interesting conundrum.
@primetime667083

#312 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 11:12 AM

My concern is his accuracy. We left atleast 10 points on the field last night. His 62 completion percentage is not good enough. This is now an elite defense and I still think this offense can be good enough to beat anyone if Lamar hits the layups he's capable of.

#313 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 11:24 AM

Jackson has been very good against the blitz so it's not dealing with pressure per se. Lamar seems to have issues when the pocket is clean and he gets to his back foot. He will hold the ball, hesitate, then allow protection to break down, then have to escape. It's certainly an interesting conundrum.

He was good early in the season with the blitz but probably not so much since.  Maybe I should have been more specific.  Pressure is part of it but I just don't think Lamar has that innate ability scan a field and see what's happening in an extremely short amount of time.  He's just way too slow in processing the play and takes a ridiculous amount of sacks for someone with his legs.  Not acceptable to me but I guess Roman and Harbaugh think differently.  Again, most quarterbacks in the league have the same problem.  But if you want to be considered an elite passer, you can't have that weakness.  The reality is he's not an elite passer and never will be.  I think he's a good passer, slightly better than middle of the road who gets very sloppy with mechanics at times.  What he is elite at and revolutionized the sport with is his talent as a runner.  Roman will always give him his designed runs but I wish he would do what he was great at when he burst on to the scene- causing complete chaos and breakdown of defenses when taking off after a pass play didn't work.  Now, he pretty much just takes the sack.  Apparently, everyone on the team is ok with it, including Lamar.  Just hope he doesn't get hurt doing it. 

#314 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,647 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2022 - 11:42 AM

I think our old friend Andy is getting sacked at least 4 times Monday night.

Nailed it.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#315 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,647 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2022 - 11:51 AM

We could talk about a good team getting better each week.  I think the Ravens are going on a roll and even Troy Aikman, who is hard to listen too at times, seems to sense it.

Bowser and Smith, got their feet wet last night, Hamilton is getting better each week, the Oline is jelling, led by Stanley, the running game is rolling, and the pass rush, which was a target for impatient fans is becoming deadly.  This is a good team, getting better.  Go Ravens

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#316 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,997 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 11:51 AM

8.5 sacks for Houston in 6 games.  

#317 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,997 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 11:52 AM

Still get Ojabo back after the bye and eventually Marcus Williams.  Defense could really turn into a good unit.  

#318 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,647 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2022 - 11:53 AM

Look forward to watching the recording. Until then, will refrain from any analysis/comments.

Focus on the trenches.  As the game wore on, the Ravens did some really good stuff.

@mikeghg

#319 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,647 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2022 - 11:57 AM

8.5 sacks for Houston in 6 games.  

More is less.  MM is doing a great job rotating guys in and out.  A rested Houston is turning back the clock.  I made a bet with a friend that the Ravens would get 46 sacks this year.  He laughed.  I am feeling confident.

@mikeghg

#320 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,647 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2022 - 12:01 PM

Still get Ojabo back after the bye and eventually Marcus Williams.  Defense could really turn into a good unit.  

I could see Williams and Hamilton being the 2 starting safeties by the end of the year.  Just to be clear, I like Clark and Stone and think they are both good players, but Williams is really good, with great range and Hamilton is really settling in.  That could be a top notch safety duo.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=