#21 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,358 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

Here's Jason Whitlock's column on what Dungy said about Sam: http://espn.go.com/n...michael-sam-nfl

#22 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,408 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Tony Dungy was, at the time, the youngest assistant coach ever in the NFL when Pittsburgh hired him, and more notably one of very few African Americans to hold such a position. What if that never happened because Chuck Noll didn't want the "distraction?"

• mweb08 likes this

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

CBS Sports: Bradford, offense backed by beastly defense

http://www.cbssports...beastly-defense

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Grantland: Deep Thought (Bradford)

http://grantland.com...-st-louis-rams/

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

Sports on Earth: Why the Rams will cut Michael Sam

http://miketanier.sp...ut-michael-sam/

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

Pro Football Focus: Preview

https://www.profootb...-st-louis-rams/

#27 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

Why Your Team Sucks 2014: St. Louis Rams

@DJ_McCann

#28 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Bradford done for the year again, re-tore his ACL.

Gotta think St. Louis looks for a QB in next year's draft class.

#29 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

This could be the rare instance where you become a better team by losing your QB just before the start of the season. Bradford wasn't ever going to become anything and Hill is an effective QB. Granted an 8-8 season would be a positives for them so it's still pretty meaningless.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

This could be the rare instance where you become a better team by losing your QB just before the start of the season. Bradford wasn't ever going to become anything and Hill is an effective QB. Granted an 8-8 season would be a positives for them so it's still pretty meaningless.

I really liked the Rams roster...  was always going to be difficult in the loaded NFC West...   but thought they had a chance to surprise. I can't see it without Bradford.  Like Hill for his time with the Terps, but now think I would have Arizona solidly 3rd in the Division.

I think they should be looking to trade for someone. Cousins, Glennon, Moore, Sanchez, Flynn, Mallett all seem like obtainable options.

#31 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

I really liked the Rams roster...  was always going to be difficult in the loaded NFC West...   but thought they had a chance to surprise. I can't see it without Bradford.  Like Hill for his time with the Terps, but now think I would have Arizona solidly 3rd in the Division.

I think they should be looking to trade for someone. Cousins, Glennon, Moore, Sanchez, Flynn, Mallett all seem like obtainable options.

The Rams were easily the worst team in that division before Bradford went down. ARZ has a good defense and has potential for an explosive offense. I can see them making the WC or even surprising and finishing second if SF hits a speed bump.

The Rams have talent on D and O but QB was always going to be an issue and their potential on offense has never been realized.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#32 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

The Rams were easily the worst team in that division before Bradford went down. ARZ has a good defense and has potential for an explosive offense. I can see them making the WC or even surprising and finishing second if SF hits a speed bump.

The Rams have talent on D and O but QB was always going to be an issue and their potential on offense has never been realized.

Arizona has had a lot of issues this off-season...  lost Dansby, lost Daryl Washington, lost Dockett. That's not the same defense. 

The Rams Defensive Front is outstanding (Secondary less so).  Offensively, the hope was that with Greg Robinson helping the line, and Tre Mason teaming with Stacy; you'd have a competent running game...  Bradford's talent would keep defenses honest. Now you have to think defenses will stack the box until Hill proves they can attack outside. Sure play-action with Hill will still be a focus.

#33 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

Arizona has had a lot of issues this off-season...  lost Dansby, lost Daryl Washington, lost Dockett. That's not the same defense. 

The Rams Defensive Front is outstanding (Secondary less so).  Offensively, the hope was that with Greg Robinson helping the line, and Tre Mason teaming with Stacy; you'd have a competent running game...  Bradford's talent would keep defenses honest. Now you have to think defenses will stack the box until Hill proves they can attack outside. Sure play-action with Hill will still be a focus.

Well I hope ARZ defense is still good -- I drafted them in FF.

The Rams just seem to be one of those teams who always appear to be ready to make that jump and never do for whatever reason. I do feel for them a bit, but they did it to themselves, I don't think they'll see much drop off.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

Grantland: The Day the Rams’ Season Imploded

http://grantland.com...ams-nfl-injury/

#35 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

Is this where I get to ask the question how the HELL has Shaun goddamn Hill ended up with a 13-year NFL career?

@DJ_McCann

#36 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

Is this where I get to ask the question how the HELL has Shaun goddamn Hill ended up with a 13-year NFL career?

He's a good, if not great back-up.

41 TD, 23 INT.

It'll be interesting to see how he does as a starter for 16 games.

#37 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

Sam was cut.

#38 KWebz

KWebz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Sam was cut.

I am sad he was cut but I actually believe it had nothing to do with his sexual orientation. Hopefully a different 4-3 defense team picks him up like the Cowboys who could use all the defensive help they can get.

#39 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

Sam was cut.

Along with their 6th round pick and their other three 7th round picks that no one cares about or knows their names.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#40 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

Along with their 6th round pick and their other three 7th round picks that no one cares about or knows their names.

In general it's not good if you're cutting half of your draft, even the late picks.

@DJ_McCann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=