#2 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

I really like Klein as a person. It is sad to see him have to deal with these injuries that have essentially severely hurt his career. He still has time to get things rolling, but it's just so tough.
I hope he can have a healthy season in 2013, regardless of the outcome. Health alone is his biggest obstacle right now.

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Klein is a perfect example of how hard it is to make it to the majors.

I always try to remember things like this when we people rail on about how bad a guy is.

Klein has the stuff to make it, the luck and durability may be a different story.
@mikeghg

#4 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Klein is a perfect example of how hard it is to make it to the majors.

I always try to remember things like this when we people rail on about how bad a guy is.

Klein has the stuff to make it, the luck and durability may be a different story.

Yeah, it was just the risk run with that pick, very boom or bust, kinda like signing the backup QB behind an elite QB and saying this guy can be a good player. Sometimes you get Matt Schaub, and sometimes you get Matt Cassell.

He had some injury concerns in college, but the intrigue was there being stuck behind Bauer and Cole that he might be really really good. I thought with the injury stuff he would play better out of the pen, and I kinda wish they just would have gone that route to be safe, but at the same time, I can't fault them for trying, he does have some tempting skill sets.
@JeremyMStrain

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, it was just the risk run with that pick, very boom or bust, kinda like signing the backup QB behind an elite QB and saying this guy can be a good player. Sometimes you get Matt Schaub, and sometimes you get Matt Cassell.

He had some injury concerns in college, but the intrigue was there being stuck behind Bauer and Cole that he might be really really good. I thought with the injury stuff he would play better out of the pen, and I kinda wish they just would have gone that route to be safe, but at the same time, I can't fault them for trying, he does have some tempting skill sets.

Yep, maybe he can still make it in the pen. Long road back for him though.
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=