#101 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2022 - 02:35 PM

The Trey interview was great.    He is the definition of class and professionalism.

• BobPhelan and fishteacher like this
@mikeghg

#102 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 02:35 PM

#ExtendTrey

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#103 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,577 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 July 2022 - 02:38 PM

Since June 14 Bautista has a 1.17 ERA over 15.1 innings with 28 strikeouts and only 3 walks. Thats a 51.9% strikeout rate and 5.6% walk rate...

#104 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2022 - 02:42 PM

Since June 14 Bautista has a 1.17 ERA over 15.1 innings with 28 strikeouts and only 3 walks. Thats a 51.9% strikeout rate and 5.6% walk rate...

He is making hitters look really bad.  Some of the looks he gets from the hitters, tell you all you need to know about Felix.  They are overwhelmed by him.

• BobPhelan likes this
@mikeghg

#105 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 July 2022 - 03:14 PM

Can’t ask for better than 5-5 against TB and NYY following a 10-game winning streak.

#106 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2022 - 03:24 PM

Can’t ask for better than 5-5 against TB and NYY following a 10-game winning streak.

Except for the Sunday game, they played every game tough.  The heart of this team is the bull pen.  They have been nothing short of terrific.  After 4 years of unwatchable baseball this is fun.  If we are not going to get more than B prospects, let it ride and let's see if they can do the impossible.  I really have no interest in any other teams 11-20 ranked prospects.  The good will this team is creating is worth more than mid tier prospects.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#107 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 03:29 PM

Hope Trey isn’t traded.
  • You Play to Win the Game, Mackus and Mike B like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#108 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 04:13 PM

Felix is absurd.

I mean...he has to eventually close, right? That's top 5 stuff in MLB bullpens.

#109 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2022 - 09:52 PM

Felix is absurd.

I mean...he has to eventually close, right? That's top 5 stuff in MLB bullpens.

I think if Jorge is traded, Felix will step right in, but with the heavy load the pen is carrying , it is great to have 2 good closers.

Right now though, I seriously doubt there is a more intimidating pitcher in the game.

@mikeghg

#110 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 11:11 PM

I think if Jorge is traded, Felix will step right in, but with the heavy load the pen is carrying , it is great to have 2 good closers.

Right now though, I seriously doubt there is a more intimidating pitcher in the game.

Forget calling elite RP “closers.” They have two elite arms in the pen who should be used as soon as the high leverage situations appear late in games, not necessarily held back to lock down the 9th inning.

#111 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 02:19 AM

I know this is a corny statement but this is one of the most memorable games in Oriole's history and I'm glad I got to watch it.

I can hear Mo laughing watching (hearing) Mancini run around the bases.
  • You Play to Win the Game, BobPhelan, Mike B and 1 other like this

#112 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 July 2022 - 09:12 AM

Forget calling elite RP “closers.” They have two elite arms in the pen who should be used as soon as the high leverage situations appear late in games, not necessarily held back to lock down the 9th inning.

Semantics, but okay.  Lopez has been used as a closer.  At times a multi inning closer but still he has worked the end of games.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=