#61 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

It shouldn't have been, though. But the same people who made a big deal out of that will likely make a big deal of him leaving Miami for another team. Of course it depends on the circumstances, though.

Yea,I agree it shouldn't make a difference. But it does to many in the media who think they decide those types of things.

#62 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

I can't see them making as big of a deal about him leaving Miami as they did about him leaving Cleveland, unless he does the Decision 2.0. I think in addition to the whole process being a disaster which LeBron apparently realizes now, it was the fact he was leaving his "small market" native city.

I'm sure there will be a lot of attention on where he will be land. But the same "outrage" won't be there.
@levineps

#63 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

ESPN: Kobe Bryant could miss opener

http://espn.go.com/l...due-foot-injury
@levineps

#64 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Practice Report: Steve Blake Apologizes To Heckling Fan
http://www.lakersnat...fan/2012/11/06/

Here's the video:
owPEf3m2h9A
@mrbeanage

#65 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Mike Brown canned... http://espn.go.com/l... ... ource-says

#66 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Mike Brown canned... http://espn.go.com/l... ... ource-says

Jim Buss just yesterday was very dismissive he was on the hot-seat. Proves once again, talk is cheap!
@levineps

#67 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Phil Jackson looming in the wings. I suspect he gets the job but wonder if the Lakers want to go a different way, maybe D'Antoni, once his knee is better. I think D'Antoni would bring an excitement to the Lakers and find a way to get good use out of Steve Nash but not sure he would be well recieved by the fans who are going to want Jackson.
@mikeghg

#68 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

One other point...Kobe is a world class jerk. His hand prints are all over the Brown firing.

I do not think much of Brown as a coach but 5 games?? If you are going to can a guy after 5 games he should never have been retained to begin with.
@mikeghg

#69 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

One other point...Kobe is a world class jerk. His hand prints are all over the Brown firing.

I do not think much of Brown as a coach but 5 games?? If you are going to can a guy after 5 games he should never have been retained to begin with.

Not much saying Kobe is involved but so what if he is?

The bottom line is that the Lakers are built to win now and when they hire Phil back, they are in much better position to win the title.

Kobe is trying to win. If he didn't think Brown had this team going in the right direction(and remember, Kobe is smart and sees this everyday while you and I just see the games), then he had every right to speak up and say whats on his mind.

Even Magic tweeted that Brown was never the right coach for the job...I felt the same way although i did think his defensive mind would help.

#70 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Totally agree with this. As they said on ESPN last night, might as well have given another guy the chance to run training camp.

I understand not wanting to "lose" the season, but after 5 games please.
@levineps

#71 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Totally agree with this. As they said on ESPN last night, might as well have given another guy the chance to run training camp.

I understand not wanting to "lose" the season, but after 5 games please.

Was Brown hired just before this season began?

#72 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

I don't think this was on Kobe at all.

I agree that 5 games is very quick, but there were some troublesome signs with both the offense and the defense, the latter being his specialty.

#73 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

BTW, I read a report that the Lakers met with Phil LAST WEEK.

So, perhaps he said he would get back to them about coaching and has since called them and said he would take the job..thus why they fired Brown so quickly.

#74 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Was Brown hired just before this season began?

That's not the point, the point is if they weren't going to give him a real shot and make a fast decision, they should've just had someone else in the first place. I think they factored in the preseason too.
@levineps

#75 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

I think Mike Brown is a good NBA coach but never thought he was the right fit for the Lakers. Still, it's totally idiotic to bring him back for this season if he was on so short of a leash. It was also idiotic for them to install the Princeton offense all offseason if they potentially were going to un-commit to it after a 5 game start.

Just reeks of organizational disfunction, which is no shocker in Laker land.

I've said weeks ago that if Brown struggled early Phil would be back. That's clearly what is going to happen, as it should.
@PeterDiLutis

#76 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

I think Mike Brown is a good NBA coach but never thought he was the right fit for the Lakers. Still, it's totally idiotic to bring him back for this season if he was on so short of a leash. It was also idiotic for them to install the Princeton offense all offseason if they potentially were going to un-commit to it after a 5 game start.

Just reeks of organizational disfunction, which is no shocker in Laker land.

I've said weeks ago that if Brown struggled early Phil would be back. That's clearly what is going to happen, as it should.

I agree with your first paragraph.

And it's not just that it was 5 games, you have to consider that Nash only played 6 quarters and Howard has clearly not been close to 100%.

#77 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

ESPN: Mike Brown's firing stuns LeBron

http://espn.go.com/n...-angeles-lakers

ESPN: Lakers' future hinges on Jim Buss

http://espn.go.com/n...hinges-jim-buss

You'll notice Kupchak was the one at the news conference, not Buss. Buss has been more accessible to reporters lately, coming off the Lakers' triumphant summer, but whenever things go bad in Lakerland his is never the first voice you hear.

ESPN: Replacements for Mike Brown (Insider)

http://insider.espn....ents-mike-brown
@levineps

#78 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

ESPN: Sources: Phil Jackson in lead for job

http://espn.go.com/l...eles-lakers-job

No surprise here
@levineps

#79 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

You'll notice Kupchak was the one at the news conference, not Buss. Buss has been more accessible to reporters lately, coming off the Lakers' triumphant summer, but whenever things go bad in Lakerland his is never the first voice you hear.
Straight out of the Peter Angelos ownership manual.
@mikeghg

#80 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

I think Jackson wants the job and it is probably impossible for the lakers not to give it to him.
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=